Diablo® III

Did diablo 2 have dungeons?

I didn't play diablo 2 but did they have dungeons and what did diablo 2 have that made it so good? I don't get it? They both had the main object of the game is to farm, so why is diablo 3 bad. people are hypocrites they like farm but hate diablo 3?
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:36 PMPosted by MonkeyDLuffy
I didn't play diablo 2 but did they have dungeons and what did diablo 2 have that made it so good? I don't get it? They both had the main object of the game is to farm, so why is diablo 3 bad. people are hypocrites they like farm but hate diablo 3?

Define dungeon!?

black marsh tower in act 1 has 5 levels down.

durance of hate in act 3 has 3 levels down, each is a fairly large maze.

Bad game? NO! A LOT different than what some of us thought it would be/should be? YES

A lot less stuff to grind for? YES http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/
Reply Quote
View profile
01/03/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Çarltonbanks
Diablo 2 today isn't that special. What's hilarious is that Diablo 3 has less features than a game did 12 years ago.

Technology and processing speed (we have maxed the chip speed, can't get any faster, physics) has come a long long way since D2-LOD....
Reply Quote
View profile
Diablo 1 were the dungeons of Tristam......
Reply Quote
View profile

Technology and processing speed (we have maxed the chip speed, can't get any faster, physics) has come a long long way since D2-LOD....

Oh so we're posting random bullsh!t in response to comments. Alright... http://www.trapperdesign.com/images/gallery/foto/turban.jpg

Not random, i assume you could take it further but i assume wrong...

For it time, D2 was awesome based on Technology available. Diablo 1 & Battle.net the first on-line real time server available that was free. None of the other games had supporting servers for their games. We paid a monthly fee to play on-line games on a Kali server. But hey, how would you know right?
Edited by dawgiestyle#1127 on 1/3/2013 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

For it time, D2 was awesome based on Technology available. Diablo 1 & Battle.net the first on-line real time server available that was free. None of the other games had supporting servers for their games. We paid a monthly fee to play on-line games on a Kali server. But hey, how would you know right?

I'm talking about in-game features. My comment has nothing to do with technology you
http://www.trapperdesign.com/images/gallery/foto/turban.jpg

Diablo 3 has...
* Less shrines
* Less items
* Less item enchantments
* Smaller maps
* Less randomized maps
* Less classes (I don't give a sh!t that d2 had 5 classes on launch, the series left off with 7)
* Less interesting quest rewards
* NO LADDER
* NO PVP
* Less gems
* No runes
* No jewels
* No charms
* God awful crafting

Can you do the carlton; i can!!!!! but yes all legitimate facts. All the life was sucked outa Diablo in Diablo 3
Reply Quote

I'm talking about in-game features. My comment has nothing to do with technology you
http://www.trapperdesign.com/images/gallery/foto/turban.jpg

Diablo 3 has...
* Less shrines
* Less items
* Less item enchantments
* Smaller maps
* Less randomized maps
* Less classes (I don't give a sh!t that d2 had 5 classes on launch, the series left off with 7)
* Less interesting quest rewards
* NO LADDER
* NO PVP
* Less gems
* No runes
* No jewels
* No charms
* God awful crafting

Couldn't agree more. Like someone said: "average game, disappointed community."
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:36 PMPosted by MonkeyDLuffy

dude diablo 2 the first quest in act1 is to go to a dungeon and kill everything, den of evil?

to elaborate that 2nd part what made it so good,

Darkness & line of vision, just look at them side by side, diablo2 it's dark as hell and you can't see much in the shadows but silhouettes of the enemies, and line of vision behind walls and things. Very detailed for systems that are 12 years old, where today it's not that apparent with the colorful scheme that D3 adopts, yes it has the line of sight as well but because of the vibrant color textures the overall effect isn't as... well effective.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/3/2013 6:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
Den of evil is in d3 to and you could equate that quest to the blood for zk quest line. On the alpha layered environments.. Diablo 3s engine and art execution is superior to diablo 2 In Every possible way.

Edit: instead of rubbish alpha layers we have the tech to just render and cut away scenery as it becomes neccesary.

The argument there is self explanatory, Diablo 3s engine better be superior to Diablo 2 in every possible way if not then you're seriously asking me to take you seriously?
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 feels like it was made for a great first play through experience, with random dialog on things, quest lines and such, and then everything felt extremely repetitive after that, way worse than D2, yes Lyndon I know the bridge is in bad shape, stop! Yes Azmodan I know your army is here, you told me a million times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]