Diablo® III

Did diablo 2 have dungeons?

01/04/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Ender
Still attempting to prove yourself to people who don't care?

lol I've just read through this entire thread from the OP and I just have to chime in here. After reading both of your posts I can say with much confidence, "Ender, you sir are douchebag."

But still funny to read your little tantrums keep it up buddy.
Edited by GothicSaint#6149 on 1/4/2013 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Swole
! In the dark woods on act 1 was the only spot to get a edc. Eth Death Cleaver. Was a nice ladder only drop.

I call bs

You must not have played d 2 then huh? Do you even know what the axe did? Did you ever try to farm one? Have you even looked at reg d 2 let alone d 2 lod items? How does D 3 have less content than a 10+ year old game? I call Bs on you sir! I dont look at this game from diablo 2 and skip the expanison. I look from the expanison to this. What a mess this team has made. Fanboys will be fanboys though. Stay in the cave little ones, dare not to look at the information that is right before you! Look for youselfs, Mount arreat . com This games Daddy! Diablo 2 expanison from 10+ years ago.
Reply Quote
I am glad so many of you wow kids are impressed so easy! Look where these things came from, Not where you stand with no backlight. Look what the team has takin from you without even knowing it. Then fanboys of todays Diablo, help the team out of the world of war craft office. There Diablo office has been empty for some time now.
Reply Quote

In every possible way you defend technical systems you don't have a clue about, D2 has the possibility to change the entire direction of the entire map, from up to down to left to right and the map sizes make D3's look like a checker board. In one single area in D2, it can change about 15 screen lengths of dungeon randomization, in D3, only about 3. Tell me in New Tristram do you exit out of town the same way all the time? Yes, in Rogue Encampment on D2, there are several types of random exits, from a bridge, to a fort door, and the exit can be facing all different directions, D3 cant do that.

Look at the complexities of the tiles..... D2 was essentially a big blob of land with a bunch of borders thrown in it was easy because it was simple. Diablo 3 cannot maintain the same level of randomness without reducing the detail ten fold. Instead they opted to make the randomization of the maps be the location of tailored events and sub dungeons. Such is the limits of processing power.

Do you even fathom the sheer processing power and that would be needed to mix and match tiles of the current detail until they fit correctly ? The standard users pc cannot achieve this. You can have detail and variable located events or you can have giant barren plots with borders.

Don't know about you but the oasis and desolate sands have good variation, act 5 and act4 in d2 were always the same. Act 2 was the same barren plots as act 1 the only REAL randomization occurred in act 3 with the swamps and the council was always north.

Having been making games for about 10 years now, that is the biggest pile of hogwash I've seen.

To make a "tile" set that works together with 100 different pieces doesn't require more CPU power (also lol at your previous claim of we've reach max clock speeds). To make the maps more varied it'd just cost more man power.

You just add helpers/dummies to the mesh and tag them appropriately so the game can see if it's a corner, edge, middle unit etc.

Basically think of it like Starcraft 2, very detailed tiles that can make really nice maps.

Having messed with many editors and even dabbled in the production of it myself it's entirely possibly.

Please don't say things that are simply not true.

Cheers
Reply Quote
View profile

Just because you feel obligated to explain your reasoning, doesn't mean I need them explained.

When I see that you are just stonewalling & deflecting facts, I think its in your best interest if I come up with creative means of explaining all the many gaps of memory you and many other so-called vets have with D2 vs D3. I cant tell you how many people who I run into claim to be Diablo experts, just to be casual players who started long ago, but their average play time was like twice a month, and their antiquated faded memories start popping up all over this forum like it really happened, and me, being a player who stuck around, know they are full of BS. I could say why and how they are full of BS. But all they can tell me is a relic of their own poor memories.

Oh yeah, like YOU have any credibility, all up in peoples faces , with your profanity! Credibility ZERO!

Good try, epic fail mr 'saint' ;)

cu
caJAI
Reply Quote
At least the old school d 2 d 1 players know what was takin from them! The diablo of today is a dumb down ver of wow! A sick child that needs to be nursed back to health. You wow kids are like hey your not sick! I love this game. Diablo kids today are on the short bus, stop licking the windows! Look at what you chould have and are missing. Stop playing pattycake in the back of the shortbus. Lunch is free by the way, so stop paying the rah fees anyway. Help make diablo better for us all!
Edited by OrkoTheGreat#1260 on 1/4/2013 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Diablo 2 wasn't all about monetizing microtransactions between players via a marketplace where they can take a cut of every "trade" that happens.

Diablo 3 has eliminated many aspects of social gameplay. Trade channels, bartering, and trading various goods and items for OTHER various goods and items (instead of just gold) has been eliminated.

I cannot trade Sigons pieces for chipped gems in Diablo 3. Instead I have to convert it to gold first (-15%) then buy crafting materials. Maybe I had a friend who had a lot of crafting materials and wanted a lot of Sigons? Tuff, the AH removes the creation of barter-based friendships.

I cannot message all my friends at once in Diablo 3. If I start a game that is a full A2 Clear and I want to play with any 3 my 25 online friends, I need to whisper 25 people. In Diablo 2 I can just type /f m Hi! Starting up a full A2MP1 Clear! LMK If you wanna come!

I cannot "get a good deal" or "give a good deal" in trading in Diablo 3. My best hope for getting a good deal is when someone misses a zero in the AH and I happen to be searching for that item at the time.

There's tons more, but I've spent enough time !@#$%ing in response to an obvious troll post.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 03:52 PMPosted by OrkoTheGreat
At least the old school d 2 d 1 players know what was takin from them! The diablo of today is a dumb down ver of wow! A sick child that needs to be nursed back to health. You wow kids are like hey your not sick! I love this game. Diablo kids today are on the short bus, stop licking the windows! Look at what you chould have and are missing. Stop playing pattycake in the back of the shortbus. Lunch is free by the way, so stop paying the rah fees anyway. Help make diablo better for us all!

Wait a minute... you're that kid on the short bus who was always giving speeches! None of us liked you.

-JJ
Reply Quote
1.10+ only:

Amazon:
- Javazon (LF/Charged)
- Frost Maiden
- Strafe + Multi

Necro:
- Summon
- Bone
- Nova

Barb:
- WW
- Concentrate
- Throw
- Frenzy/Double Swing
- Warcries
- Wolfbarb

Sorc:
- Pure Light (ES or not ES)
- Light+Orb
- Fire+Orb
- Pure Fire (with ES mostly, pvp build)
- Orb
- Blizzard
- Enchant

Paladin:
- Hammerdin
- Smiter
- Zealot
- Auradin

Sin:
- Traps
- Kicker
- Ghost/WW
- Bear assa

Druid
- Ele druid
- Wolf
- Bear

AT LEAST 3 viable endgame builds PER CLASS, not counting variants.
Reply Quote

When I see that you are just stonewalling & deflecting facts, I think its in your best interest if I come up with creative means of explaining all the many gaps of memory you and many other so-called vets have with D2 vs D3. I cant tell you how many people who I run into claim to be Diablo experts, just to be casual players who started long ago, but their average play time was like twice a month, and their antiquated faded memories start popping up all over this forum like it really happened, and me, being a player who stuck around, know they are full of BS. I could say why and how they are full of BS. But all they can tell me is a relic of their own poor memories.

Oh yeah, like YOU have any credibility, all up in peoples faces , with your profanity! Credibility ZERO!

Good try, epic fail mr 'saint' ;)

cu
caJAI

Saint has credibility you on other hand, not really, you're just calling him a proverbial potty mouth & name caller and being blunt. Oooh, ok? what does that discredit really other than yourself?
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 1/4/2013 8:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
All of these threads - thousands of them since day one - are for the same thing. Young players want to cheat and PK like they did with their parents' copies of Diablo 2, even though this is a different game and era. I'm glad PvP has been delayed for the angst it causes the community. Diablo 3 is a fantastic game for those of us with a mature attention span and who find value in long-term investments in our gaming time.
Reply Quote
after 12 years they made this: Diablo 3 wtf
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 06:03 PMPosted by dawgiestyle
Diablo 2 today isn't that special. What's hilarious is that Diablo 3 has less features than a game did 12 years ago.

Technology and processing speed (we have maxed the chip speed, can't get any faster, physics) has come a long long way since D2-LOD....

Yes, but we're starting to utilize multiple cores in gaming which is basically the same as running higher processor speeds, because different processes can run on different cores

On a side note. The big thing with D2 was the satisfaction you got from farming. In D3 when you find a usable item, it has specific basic stats. In D3 you could find an off the wall thing with weird stats and it would still help you. Also, more gems were usable for different things. There were runes that you could find. You could utilize a good rolled white or etheral piece. When all was said and done with a character, there was a reason to make another character and it was still fun. and the items you found could be used on other characters. Gold wasn't the main currency. You didn't just sell all of your items for x amount of gold to buy what you wanted. You actually had to barder. If someone wanted x equipment and you wanted x equipment one of you could get a great deal just because the other really needed that other piece. Now there is none of that because someone will always pay top value for an item and then you can pay top value for the items you want when you get enough gold
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 05:36 PMPosted by MonkeyDLuffy
I didn't play diablo 2 but did they have dungeons and what did diablo 2 have that made it so good? I don't get it? They both had the main object of the game is to farm, so why is diablo 3 bad. people are hypocrites they like farm but hate diablo 3?

Because there's actually a place where there are farms and in the farms, there are cows holding giant sickles. Nonetheless, the endgame extreme fun is group driven instead of solo runs.
Reply Quote
@op better story telling......more stuff to do.....non linear D3 can be patched to fix everything.......the devs got it all wrong
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]