Diablo® III

Silencieux Run

Idk, i've been running around MP6 yesterday. Got ~480 MF on max NV. Found Natalyas Bow, Zunima Boots, SoJ, IK Gloves, EF and that stupid Polearm. Also got some nice rares from it.

1 run takes me ~45minutes but i made like 100m in those 45 minutes. Compared to my usual runs on MP0 that is an increase of ~95m gold lol.
//Edit But it could be that i just got lucky :)
________________________________________________________________________________
Acronyms and their meaning: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004698754
The new way of making every Legendary viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7199033719
Idea: White/Blue Items and Crafting Fix: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7167576791
Monk Build: The Dual Wielded Lawn Mower: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415641623
Edited by frisch#2609 on 1/8/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I'd suggest you do the tower level 1. It's an easy 2-3 stacks. I'd also suggest that you reverse depth 2 and depth 3. Depth 3 is smaller and you will usually get 1-2 pack there, enough to get you to 4-5 stacks and do level 2 for max XP.
Reply Quote
I tried this 7-8 times from the original thread (all of Keeps 2, Festering and Sands), got 1-4 legendaries every time where were 5 packs. This was until the last run when I got none. I stopped not cos I think it doesn't work but I have been doing other runs/ubers in the game since.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 01:11 AMPosted by DoomBringer
I'd suggest you do the tower level 1. It's an easy 2-3 stacks. I'd also suggest that you reverse depth 2 and depth 3. Depth 3 is smaller and you will usually get 1-2 pack there, enough to get you to 4-5 stacks and do level 2 for max XP.

I do not gain experience anymore. ;]
Reply Quote
Haven't found much but useless Legendaries since the maintenance.. Hmm. I guess since I found my IK chest rather, kind of lame.
Reply Quote
Tried this twice and got nothing :(
Reply Quote
tested this for a few days a few weeks ago. A 5 pack keep 2 map had no correlation whatsoever with mob density in other areas. I still get maybe 1 elite in arreat crater sometimes. Sometimes almost empty maps and others normal.

Conclusion: Placebo effect. Having 5 elites in one map already gave you a bias in your mind telling you that you encountered more elites. However, if you do some data crunching, you will find out there no, there is no difference at all with the other maps...
Reply Quote
I agree that having 5 in an area does not effect anything outside that area. I'm sure there are games that have more bosses than others but just because a single area has 5 doesn't mean every other area will have the max spawns. I've had areas that have spawned with 5 on act 3 and I've cleared the entire act and not gotten anything. I've had multiple areas with 1 pack and walked away with a unique or two.

Next time before you kill a boss flip 3 quarters and if all of them land on tails you'll get a good drop. Try it once.
Reply Quote
tested this for a few days a few weeks ago. A 5 pack keep 2 map had no correlation whatsoever with mob density in other areas. I still get maybe 1 elite in arreat crater sometimes. Sometimes almost empty maps and others normal.

Conclusion: Placebo effect. Having 5 elites in one map already gave you a bias in your mind telling you that you encountered more elites. However, if you do some data crunching, you will find out there no, there is no difference at all with the other maps...

I agree that having 5 in an area does not effect anything outside that area. I'm sure there are games that have more bosses than others but just because a single area has 5 doesn't mean every other area will have the max spawns. I've had areas that have spawned with 5 on act 3 and I've cleared the entire act and not gotten anything. I've had multiple areas with 1 pack and walked away with a unique or two.

Next time before you kill a boss flip 3 quarters and if all of them land on tails you'll get a good drop. Try it once.

Wrong and wrong. I've used this method and it has 100% success rate for the past 300+ runs.
Reply Quote
On my last thread, someone posted their data that they found and every game had both more elite packs, and more trash mobs than games without 5 elite packs in Keep Depths Level 2.
Reply Quote
do you get more legs from elites or trash mobs? I'm wondering if i should just skip trash mobs at paragon 100.
Reply Quote
Trash mobs, definitely.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 02:29 AMPosted by Silencieux
On my last thread, someone posted their data that they found and every game had both more elite packs, and more trash mobs than games without 5 elite packs in Keep Depths Level 2.

lol...then it just mean that they had different findings..=)
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Thorsten

lol...then it just mean that they had different findings..=)

10 runs in a row w/ 10-15% more mobs = coincidence?
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Silencieux
As usual. our choices are select parts of act 3 or select parts of act 3.

You can use this method in act 1 and 2 with Festering Woods and Desolate Sands, however act 3 has a naturally higher mob density either way, so most people choose to farm that act.

I don't see how OP's method can be done in act 1 or 2.

Our farming choices are select parts of act 3 or select parts of act 3.
Reply Quote

You can use this method in act 1 and 2 with Festering Woods and Desolate Sands, however act 3 has a naturally higher mob density either way, so most people choose to farm that act.

I don't see how OP's method can be done in act 1 or 2.

Our farming choices are select parts of act 3 or select parts of act 3.

The same occurrence happens when Festering Woods results in 5 stacks and Desolate Sands in Act II. (FW = Act I, DS = Act 2)
Edited by Silencieux#1873 on 1/10/2013 5:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why would you go to keeps two without 5 stacks first? The most mobs are there. Seems silly to me.
Edited by mercilessdv8#1651 on 1/10/2013 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 05:31 AMPosted by mercilessdv8
Why would you go to keeps two without 5 stacks first? The most mobs are there. Seems silly to me.

Errm. Because if there isn't 5 packs it is a waste-of-time game.
Reply Quote
People need to learn to read ;_;.
Reply Quote
Just did run, with 5 stacks on keeps 2(had to restart twice to get it), no legendary after full time :( paragon 56 ftl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]