Diablo® III

Silencieux Run

01/10/2013 04:33 AMPosted by Silencieux
10 runs in a row w/ 10-15% more mobs = coincidence?

I hope their data didn't include keep level 2 as a reference...
Reply Quote
Anyone who is going to do this run, dont bother killing most mobs in keeps 2 unless theyre in a big enough group to be worth your time, no 5 stacks = no bonus item = better off spending time killing trash when you do have the chance later and its likely youre not gettign 5 stacks that game anyway.

Also anyone looking for act 3 keys, if you only get 3-4 elites in keeps 2 just go to stonefort and kill remianing elites and key warden so its not completely wasted time :o
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 06:21 AMPosted by Doddzy
Just did run, with 5 stacks on keeps 2(had to restart twice to get it), no legendary after full time :( paragon 56 ftl

What monster power did you try it on?
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 06:29 AMPosted by Thorsten
10 runs in a row w/ 10-15% more mobs = coincidence?

I hope their data didn't include keep level 2 as a reference...

It was throughout the entire run (they were doing my route).
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Silencieux
Q2: 500 MF seems to be a sweet spot for massive Legends/hour.

I dunno, I found that even jumping from about 310 to 350 made a real difference. But I mean, I run gold at the moment so I am plowing Hell mode as fast as I can.
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 11:31 AMPosted by papadanko
Q2: 500 MF seems to be a sweet spot for massive Legends/hour.

I dunno, I found that even jumping from about 310 to 350 made a real difference. But I mean, I run gold at the moment so I am plowing Hell mode as fast as I can.

Yeah, any amount of MF will make a noticeable difference, but once you hit that MF cap, things start getting good.
Reply Quote
Been at the beach all day.. thanks though.
Reply Quote
This is how I farm:

First of all, I have max magic find and run on monster power 5.

I start my run in Act 3, and go directly to Keep Depths Level 2. If I find 5 elite packs/champions on that map, I continue my run, otherwise I restart the run.

If there are 5 elite packs/champions, my run continues as follows:
Keep Depths Level 2 ->
Keep Depths Level 3 ->
Fields of Slaughter + Cave ->
Rakki's Crossing ->
Core of the Arreat ->
Azmodan ->
Stonefort ->
Repeat

I have been doing this for a very long time and on mp5 with max MF, I have never not seen a Legendary item drop using this method. Last time I posted this there was much controversy and flaming, so I won't be responding to questions on the thread. If you want, you can contact me in-game for questions.

unless blizz has changed something the only way you can get max magic find is to have 300% on your char (via paragon or MF gear) and the rest of it on mp10 and i believe this comes up to around 625% correct if i am wrong :P
Reply Quote
Charging 200k per run to carry people through a Silencieux run....

Nah, doesn't work. Good try though on getting one named after ya!
Reply Quote
Charging 200k per run to carry people through a Silencieux run....

Nah, doesn't work. Good try though on getting one named after ya!

GJ on failing at reading!
Reply Quote
wierd kind of advertisement when you say you never find a legendary...
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 07:37 PMPosted by ffFiend
wierd kind of advertisement when you say you never find a legendary...

GJ failing at reading!
Reply Quote
Done responding. Do whatever you want. I'm done offering my help to people. More people QQ more than appreciate it. Good luck.
Reply Quote
this thread kinda started slow but i found the ending hilarious haha
Reply Quote
As we argued in game about how much you know demon hunter better than I, you did refer me to this saying this was the #1 farming technique in the world. To be unbiased I tried it myself, takes quite a few tries sometimes to get the 5 existing packs in keeps 2 (though I was killing everything including white mobs), the legendaries seemed to show up sometimes when there were only 3 packs or 4 packs.

Aside from that, 8 times I tried the full run (your specific run), where 5 elite packs would be in keeps 2 to recognize it would be a legendary happy game. Only 6/8 times did I get a legendary on those occasions. You said yourself you get a legendary every single time there are 5 elite packs in keeps 2. I thought I had done something wrong maybe the first time where it didn't occur, but on the 8th time when it didn't happen again I decided that'd be the end of it.

Even though you don't seem to be such a pleasant person and you're quite arrogant, it would be nice if you provided a video of you doing this say 10 times in a row with your speed of you getting a legendary every single time. Yes I have max MF, and I'm on mp5.

Anyways it doesn't really seem to work according to what you said/your reasoning. It's probably just RNG with the added magic find.
Reply Quote
You mean with max MF and more mobs to kill more legendaries drop, NO WAI!

Btw, I believe you get a lot of legendaries, I DO NOT believe you get one every single time there are 5 stacks in KD2, no way. Like someone else said, record 10 runs and prove it. Otherwise, you're exaggerating.
Reply Quote
I've been doing this run on my archon wiz on mp2 (428% mf after all buffs) and I am 3/3 on this. 3 full runs (meaning there were 5 NVs in keep 2 and found 3 legendaries). Even found a legendary on a blown keep 2 run.

I'm sure it has to do with hitting the places that are most dense but what the hell, it works :)
Reply Quote
As we argued in game about how much you know demon hunter better than I, you did refer me to this saying this was the #1 farming technique in the world. To be unbiased I tried it myself, takes quite a few tries sometimes to get the 5 existing packs in keeps 2 (though I was killing everything including white mobs), the legendaries seemed to show up sometimes when there were only 3 packs or 4 packs.

Aside from that, 8 times I tried the full run (your specific run), where 5 elite packs would be in keeps 2 to recognize it would be a legendary happy game. Only 6/8 times did I get a legendary on those occasions. You said yourself you get a legendary every single time there are 5 elite packs in keeps 2. I thought I had done something wrong maybe the first time where it didn't occur, but on the 8th time when it didn't happen again I decided that'd be the end of it.

Even though you don't seem to be such a pleasant person and you're quite arrogant, it would be nice if you provided a video of you doing this say 10 times in a row with your speed of you getting a legendary every single time. Yes I have max MF, and I'm on mp5.

Anyways it doesn't really seem to work according to what you said/your reasoning. It's probably just RNG with the added magic find.

I'm willing to bet on those 2 times you didn't find legendaries, you got a resplendent chest and counted it as one of the 5 required elite packs.
Reply Quote
You mean with max MF and more mobs to kill more legendaries drop, NO WAI!

Btw, I believe you get a lot of legendaries, I DO NOT believe you get one every single time there are 5 stacks in KD2, no way. Like someone else said, record 10 runs and prove it. Otherwise, you're exaggerating.

Alright. I'll work on a video. I've been on vacation so I haven't really been playing as much as I normally do. I'll see if I can get one uploaded tonight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]