Diablo® III

200k club

@Stryder

How many swords did you have to create before getting the one you're using, or did you buy it on AH....?

Man if I had a sword like that I would definitely DW. I actually still have a 1208 dps, 160 Dex, 80 chd, socketed EF. If I could find a 1000 dps sword/fist weapon with good life steal and chd, I would go back to DW (even though I hate the fear proc)
Reply Quote
i could be in the 200k dps club if i wanted to use an EF... really dislike the fear proc though.

I have a 1197 dps 10% fear CD/socket EF sitting in my stash..

also i just sold my witching hour which added 7-8k dps as well... but i like my SW reduced spirit cost too much.

ill get to 200k dps w/o EF some day though.

as for a different build for a slight change you should try Pacifism instead of Resolve. I find it helps a lot, and i run MP10 solo relatively smoothly except for when I hit hard RD/fast packs. Even swapping to dual LS weapons i can seem to not die more than once. I have zero problems running MP10 in groups of 2 or more.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hello DW I use a different build from you and can farm MP10 fairly comfortably. I am a duel wielder without LS and I strayed away from OWE and Resolve. We are similar in that we both want to have above average IAS since you use a 2-hander you want to increase your Atk per second as much as possible and since I do not have LS I want to proc LOH with as many attacks a second as I can muster.

We both chose Blinding Flash probably to help our SW snapshot but also to give us some respite from large amount of incoming damage. The burst helps your LS and immobilizes the surrounding mobs while you clean up a bit and make them manageable. I tend to do the same and I have come to use SSS in the same manner. A bit of invulnerability and pandemonium to stun 1-3 of the elites with RD or Fire Chains while I clean up. EDIT: I also use Beacon of Ytar since 3 of my main skills have cooldowns its best to have them avaiable ASAP especially in MP10 when battles can go on and you experience multiple Freeze Crystals, Jailer and what not. Having the rotation on standby is good practice and makes in smoother and death free runs.

With further experimenting and experience I have come to realize I need a bit more of sustain and/or mitigation to feel comfortable completing uber MP10s. Question to you and the rest of the LS community with 200K DPS how much LS do you see on your screen for each tick (basically the green number with the plus sign showing you how much Life you gain per half second). Would be interesting to see as mine jumps around when in battle anywhere from 2000+Life to 11,000+Life most likely due to the Regen I have as well as LpSS on my fists.

I would like to break 200K myself eventually but I have not set it as a goal. I feel my goal is to feel comfortable running MP10 and remove the hesitation I have when I run into that affix combo that just destroys you...im looking at you RD paired with any other major damage source.

As for an upgrade perhaps look into a better Ammy, not that yours is lacking, it just stands out with the rest of your gear. The question is can you get one better than yours without spending an arm and a leg.

Cheers and GL-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 1/7/2013 9:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey Capt Carl. I will have to check what my LS hits are when my computer cooperates and stops blue screening on me... But, in soloing MP10, there is the rare case that an elite with RD/fast and some other stats just anals me. Even swapping my MH out for my 2.6 LS 950dps OS WKL, bringing my LS to 5.5 and LoH at ~500 i drop so fast that i feel adding an extra 100 LoH and upping my resists and armor wouldnt even help, plus it would be so expensive...

In the end I really feel like spending so much for a mob that i encounter maybe once in every 10+ runs isnt worth it, and when i come to them i end up doing some kiting while my serenity cools off (Beacon of Ytar helps for that). I can usually hit them 5 times or so before i need to kite...

MP10 Ubers i rarely ever die, and if i do its a random SK walk at the same time as 3 butterfly packs from magda and an arcane beam all hitting me at the same exact time which doesnt happen to often.

I think the best thing to do is have weapons in your arsenal to switch to in certain instances...

When im running MP10 i always have my current weapons equipped, as well as some other gear:

- WKL for extra LS (i sometimes use this instead of my axe, but sometimes it doesnt sustain enough)
- Sledgefist (sometimes use this when i need to carry a bit more than my weight in ubers or my teammates are having issues)
- Skorn (for snapshot when i use sledgefist)
-EF (for situational use... i dont like using fear proc items in team play)
- Natalyas ring w/ 79 all res/avg dmg (i havent used this in a while though because i havent had issues)
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks for the information Tarzan. I don't like to weapon swap but I think your right that spending millions of gold to overcompensate for a certain affix is going overboard. I'll look into alternate weapons to swap, like the sledgefist, and see how that pans out. Beats having to pick up a Nats ring with CC and AR which cost a bundle. Best bet is to just keep on doing ubers and hope to get lucky with a DPS ring with one eHP stat but that maybe wishing for to much haha.

I eventually want to have a Tals with AR which will get me closer to my goal of 600:6000 but it will take some time and it seems that's all we have waiting for additional content.

But yeah keep me posted as to your health pings as I am curious to find out how much LOH and IAS is equal to LS% and DPS provided the character has roughly 600AR and 6K armor.
Reply Quote
@CC, this may be a really stupid way of looking at it, but ...

Ok, so we know that, generally speaking, using a cookie cutter type build, a monk will deal ~7 times his paper DPS. So for the sake of easy math, let's pretend our monk has 100k paper dps (700k true dps). With 3% lifesteal, he'd steal 4200 life per second?

At 2 attacks per second, this is equivalent to 2100 LoH?

Your average attack speed is (I think) 2.62? With 1854 LoH, you're generating 4862 life per second?

I have no idea if that's correct. :P
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks piff was going to check out numbers when I got home but that sounds about right.

I have Life Regen on Vile Ward and Nats Ring 428 HPs so I see it ping 214 every half second when just running and life regening. When I spam my Mantra or use Blinding Light or SSS numbers go to 6-11K. Thanks for breaking it down and using exact numbers stalker haha

So it looks like I have the equivalent of 3%LS and 662 LOH for the IAS I have not counting the secondary/utility life generators.

Math 4TW!
Reply Quote
Thanks piff was going to check out numbers when I got home but that sounds about right.

I have Life Regen on Vile Ward and Nats Ring 428 HPs so I see it ping 214 every half second when just running and life regening. When I spam my Mantra or use Blinding Light or SSS numbers go to 6-11K. Thanks for breaking it down and using exact numbers stalker haha

So it looks like I have the equivalent of 3%LS and 662 LOH for the IAS I have not counting the secondary/utility life generators.

Math 4TW!

Well, but your DPS is higher than the pretend 100k monk. With 191k dps, a 3% lifesteal weapon would heal ~8k life per second.

Well, assuming that my above method isn't fundamentally flawed.
Reply Quote
well the thing with LOH vs LS is

at higher dps ( 200k plus ) , LS shines
and LOH doesnt proc on all the monk's attack , namely cyclones which is half our dps
Reply Quote

Ok, so we know that, generally speaking, using a cookie cutter type build, a monk will deal ~7 times his paper DPS. So for the sake of easy math, let's pretend our monk has 100k paper dps (700k true dps). With 3% lifesteal, he'd steal 4200 life per second?

Your average attack speed is (I think) 2.62? With 1854 LoH, you're generating 4862 life per second?

I knew my old eDPS thread would become useful sooner or later! haha
I was thinking tho, is there a proc coeff for LoH? so it's effectively less than the real number?

^That's based on a single target. more if you can get mobs to hug you within the SW radius.
Edited by Weegee#6520 on 1/7/2013 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
Captaincarl my hero love to party with him he know my dps is mighty I'm at 236k and 301k when attacking
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks for all the input party peeps. I know Shens is not the ideal set to do Ubers and to play through MP10 with ease but I like em so they will be my weapons until the expansion. Perhaps I may be swayed by newer, better looking and more powerful fists but we shall see.

I know what I need to do now to finalize my last few upgrades.

It's good to be a monk and be part of this community. It also helps me pass through the working hours, that's why most of my posts are in the AM EST.

Also shot out to Tarzan for providing his health pings in game a few minutes ago.

Captain "The Happy Shenlong Using Monk" Carl
Reply Quote
You seemed to survive in mp10 with minimal deaths when we were running. I like your setup and really think you'll be keeping some !@# when pvp comes:D
Reply Quote
Woot, I finally hit 200k DPS this past Saturday. It was quite the journey getting here.
Edited by punkmetalska#1642 on 1/7/2013 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Stryder

How many swords did you have to create before getting the one you're using, or did you buy it on AH....?

Man if I had a sword like that I would definitely DW. I actually still have a 1208 dps, 160 Dex, 80 chd, socketed EF. If I could find a 1000 dps sword/fist weapon with good life steal and chd, I would go back to DW (even though I hate the fear proc)

i had made many swords but never crafted something with 1k DPS. the one i have now was bought from AH. there are definitely betters mace / spears out there to combo with EF but i felt that this was the most balanced item i could find at the time due to the vit bonus and fast attack speed which helps my limited LoH.

my build hinges on a really high attack speed to proc a little LoH before LS comes into effect.

my endgame is to come close to this guy from EU (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/INVIS-2291/hero/130395) but i don't really think i'll ever be able to break 280 dps mark.
Edited by Stryder#1200 on 1/7/2013 9:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
@scrapz, captaincarl and fhvoids

i would love to do some test runs with you guys as well, please add me in-game when you're online.

thanks!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/07/2013 05:20 PMPosted by scrapz
You seemed to survive in mp10 with minimal deaths when we were running. I like your setup and really think you'll be keeping some !@# when pvp comes:D

Thanks scrapz. Thought I as done upgrading but I guess we are never done upgrading haha. Going to look for that Tals with AR and Nats with AR. Then I think I'll call it a day until gold starts to burn a hole in my pocket again.
Reply Quote

I knew my old eDPS thread would become useful sooner or later! haha
I was thinking tho, is there a proc coeff for LoH? so it's effectively less than the real number?

^That's based on a single target. more if you can get mobs to hug you within the SW radius.

Oh right. Proc coefficients ... actually FoT has a really high one, so you'd be getting more than that number.
Reply Quote
Hi fellow monk.
My build do MP10s.
My DPS is 225K unbuffed, 300k buffed.
I use combination of life on hit and LS.
1k LOH, 2+% LS.
I use combination of FOT and Deadly Reach.
Deadly reach first to get armor bonus of Keen Eye and to kite sometimes if elites gets hard
FOT to finish off fast
Using this build, the passive combination strike gives you a lot damage increase because of FOT, Deadly Reach, and your cyclones..
Using this build, your armor can reach up to 8-9k making you very hard
To kill.
Hope I helped, you can try it yourself. Goodluck
Reply Quote
@yussl

Before I changed to Skorn I was DW with a 1200 dps EF and a 860 dps axe. I only lose about 10k dps with it but I can't stand the fear on the EF. Plus I only had 2.6 life steal vs. 5.8 with Skorn.

Correct me if I'm wrong but because life steal works based on damage dealt, and my DPS is higher then I would steal more life per second if we had the same life steal. If it was LOH then I can understand my lower APS being a factor.

Don't get me wrong I can hold my own doing key runs and UBER runs on MP8 without dying unless I'm standing over molten or desecrator/fire chains combo, but I have to being attacking at all times. If I'm not then my life steal isn't working, and I'm my life steal isn't working then I die REAL quick.

How much does an extra 200 all resist help or litany of the undaunted? Is it noticeable?

You really need to drop the skorn. With the slow attacks you aren't proccing anywhere near as many cyclones. More cyclones from having 2.5aps > Higher Damage fewer cyclones from using Skorn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]