Diablo® III

200k club

Speaking of test runs, I need to run with you again scrapz to redeem myself for that horrid game lol.

Also, for those of us using WKL where do we get to sit on the whole 200k club :( cause I'm not there yet, but kinda way past it? lol.

To the matter of the convo of LS and LoH, we had a pretty good discussion here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415156718

Had some great input/corrections (thanks Fitz, Vrkhyz and Demi) I tried to incorporate it into my post, but hopefully it's pretty simple/easy to wrap one's head around to quickly see comparisons between stats.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm just curious...how much gold is needed to break 200K dps and be fully capable of doing MP8+ [farming and ubers]?
Reply Quote

You really need to drop the skorn. With the slow attacks you aren't proccing anywhere near as many cyclones. More cyclones from having 2.5aps > Higher Damage fewer cyclones from using Skorn.

You have some backup for that? When I switched from dual wield to Skorn, I tested the ratio of my effective DPS to my paper DPS and it was nearly identical. I chose the higher DPS of the Skorn and haven't looked back.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 07:44 AMPosted by IPawnU
I'm just curious...how much gold is needed to break 200K dps and be fully capable of doing MP8+ [farming and ubers]?

Well a lot of gold lol, but its not just DPS, you need a good EHP too, at least 600 EHP imo (more EHP the better), and good life sustain, i run with 2.50 LS% and 320 LOH, 210k DPS unbuffed using WKL, siwtch to double LS wep on RD packs tho.
Reply Quote

You really need to drop the skorn. With the slow attacks you aren't proccing anywhere near as many cyclones. More cyclones from having 2.5aps > Higher Damage fewer cyclones from using Skorn.

You have some backup for that? When I switched from dual wield to Skorn, I tested the ratio of my effective DPS to my paper DPS and it was nearly identical. I chose the higher DPS of the Skorn and haven't looked back.

Most people fail to realize that slower weapons produce harder hitting cyclones. I wouldn't read too much into it.
Reply Quote
View profile

Most people fail to realize that slower weapons produce harder hitting cyclones. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah I'd say because of how math works, its more personal preference than anything. Some people just like attacking faster, while others (like you Guy) like seeing HUGE numbers :p

Its actually kind of refreshing seeing someone using a Skorn for stuff outside of xping. Maybe some day when I can afford a LS Skorn I'll give it a shot too.
Reply Quote
DPS for skorn vs dual wield seems to work out to about the same. The attack speed doesnt matter for cyclones because as mentioned - the cyclones hit harder with a skorn but are less abundant.

The big difference that i see between skorn and dual wield is the attack speed which translates into less spirit regeneration. If you have enough attack speed it wont really make a difference, but at lower gear levels it can be more challenging... at least to keep that 3sec overawe buff alive.

I used to run with a skorn as my main weapon and it worked out just fine. I just have more fun with fast attack speeds.
Reply Quote

It just surprised me since he said slower weapons produce harder hitting cyclones...

Yeah I'd say because of how math works, its more personal preference than anything. Some people just like attacking faster, while others (like you Guy) like seeing HUGE numbers :p

Its actually kind of refreshing seeing someone using a Skorn for stuff outside of xping. Maybe some day when I can afford a LS Skorn I'll give it a shot too.

Thanks, a lot of ppl don't like the slow speed but by the time I had 40+% on my gear it didn't feel that slow.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/09/2013 08:33 AMPosted by InsuranceGuy
Thanks, a lot of ppl don't like the slow speed but by the time I had 40+% on my gear it didn't feel that slow.

With that much IAS how many APS do you have? Have you tried using BF+TC? I know its a pain to refresh but with dps as high as yours and with a hard hitting Skorn that might give a really nice boost :p
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 08:39 AMPosted by gotaplanstan

With that much IAS how many APS do you have? Have you tried using BF+TC? I know its a pain to refresh but with dps as high as yours and with a hard hitting Skorn that might give a really nice boost :p

Interesting you say that, I've read about a few ppl using that setup recently. I'll have to try it out.
Reply Quote
InsuranceGuy View profile

You really need to drop the skorn. With the slow attacks you aren't proccing anywhere near as many cyclones. More cyclones from having 2.5aps > Higher Damage fewer cyclones from using Sk

I have about 540 LOH normally and I have switched back and forth from my Skorn that has 5.8 LS to DW (EF and another 1-hander) that has 2.8 LS and an extra ~250 LOH and I see almost no difference. Skorn give me 10k more damage though but the slow attack speed drives me crazy. I used it for awhile and when I went back to DW I was like whoa this is awesome! Much more fun.

I do have a question that I know somebody can answer. I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I'm lazy and don't feel like searching for it.

Are cyclones taken into affect with LOH? If they are then it would def be better to have very high APS co you crit more often producing more cyclones. If that is the case I will focus more of LOH and AS.
Reply Quote

Are cyclones taken into affect with LOH? If they are then it would def be better to have very high APS co you crit more often producing more cyclones. If that is the case I will focus more of LOH and AS.

Sweeping wind and cyclones do not proc LoH.
Edited by InsuranceGuy#1986 on 1/9/2013 1:46 PM PST
Reply Quote

I love my skorn - I tried to DW last night (as shown in my profile) and... nope. Give me 222kdps with skorn anyday of the week.

I enjoy the playstyle.
Reply Quote
So how do you get in this club? With baby seals?
Reply Quote
View profile
I've been patiently waiting to get into the club to. Tried all kinds of passwords but they just slam the door in my face and they just kick me to the curb haha.

If I get to p100 I will be at exactly 200,700.17 DPS with my current setup. This give me the motivation to farm when I can but man the grind is starting to eat at my soul...

...and leave the baby seals out of this haha
Reply Quote
Finally!! Now need to grind my paragon level to 100 and tweak for a balance char. =D
Reply Quote
Finally, I already be over 200k before 100 paragon! :D
Reply Quote
I need help!

With my high dps/ls Skorn I push over 200k but i can't use a Skorn unless i'm TR'in.

Got a few hundred mill. Help! I've spent billions already and have stash tabs of great !@#$ but not for me.

and i just farted something fierce. Monk gas all day.
Edited by Kojin#1561 on 2/16/2013 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Get an EF, seriously, those are like the best DPS boosters for DW. Even if I replicated my MH sword to DW, it would be a serious DPS drop compared to my sub-par 60M EF.

A high dex EF are cheap as hell, and will boost your DPS pass the 200k mark easily.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]