Diablo® III

$2,500 tax return to spend on D3.

Your an idiot.

Buy something tangible with $1500... or just give it all to a homeless person. That a better way to throw away $1500 then gear for a game. its a game. Your taxes are real.

/facepalm

This guy prefers wasting hundreds of hours sitting in a basement.

To each his own I guess
Reply Quote
If you are serious. I'll considering selling you my WD, and save you a bundle to. It rocks MP10 as is, and with a quick swap to a LS skorn you'd be pretty much invincible. currently it's setup for mp6-mp7 have some tankier pieces that would come with it for mp10. With gem swaps it's in the top 100 US, and top 50 for int.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 1/8/2013 2:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
You have got to be kidding me.
Reply Quote
Take that to a S club or some you will have a better time throwing that cash and smacking that a$$ lol..

Then on the other hand you can get a kick out of ruining someones day when PvP comes out lol..
Edited by NoobZilla#1631 on 1/8/2013 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
blow your tax return on a game and have nothing IRL to show for it???

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE!

Then again, it's people like this that keep Blizzard going haha!! they'd trade in their mothers to get stuff in game
Edited by Rush#1320 on 1/8/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 02:02 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Question for OP: Once you have an endgame perfect character what will you even do with it? Farm? For what? You already have godly gear right? I guess you could farm for alts or for RMAH sales. I suppose I just will never understand the mentality of buying your way to victory. Don't you just defeat the entire purpose of the game?

Here's a dirty little secret about ARPG/MMORPGs: There is no victory and no skill. You either just grind hours on end for RNG or you pay for it. And really, if you have the financial means, you're an idiot if you spend hundreds of hours grinding for the hope (not certainty) of advancing.

Umm...ok. Not using the RMAH makes people idiots now? What do you even want godly gear for if you don't actually enjoy PLAYING the game itself? All those godly items do is let you PLAY the game on a higher MP. But you only bought the items because you don't want to PLAY the game.

So I ask again; What do you do with a godly toon in a game you don't like playing?
Reply Quote
If you really do have a $2,500 return, you need to adjust your W-4. What you've essentially done is provided the government with an interest free loan on a portion of your pay. You could have adjusted your W-4 so that the government is taking just enough so that you do not owe and they do not owe. In the future, you can invest that part of your pay and make a positive return leaving you with more income.
Reply Quote
If I had a huge bankroll to spend on my WD (9 billion?!?), I would likely keep the same item "types" I already have, but get improved versions of them

Oh there are better items that could potentially be found (e.g. Mara's amulet with high cc/cd and Zombie Charger reduction), but its not like you can just go to the GAH and find a bunch of them for sale

You could make a beast MP10 WD for a couple bil (depending on your definition of beast)

You might also look into the "zero dog" build. I haven't tried it, but it is popular (and very expensive). I'm sure you could make a pretty good one for 9 billion though, lol
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 1/8/2013 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Umm...ok. Not using the RMAH makes people idiots now? What do you even want godly gear for if you don't actually enjoy PLAYING the game itself? All those godly items do is let you PLAY the game on a higher MP. But you only bought the items because you don't want to PLAY the game.

So I ask again; What do you do with a godly toon in a game you don't like playing?

If you've got the money but choose to spend hundreds to thousands of hours grinding the game for gg gear you can just buy with a 8 hours worth of honest work, it makes no sense. No one said you aren't going to play with the gear or don't like playing the game, but the grind is really annoying in D3. Even D3 fanboys will admit D3 grind is like work.

The grind IS the game though! So if you don't like grinding, you don't like playing. And if you don't like playing, then why do you need better gear?
Reply Quote
take that 1000. Go to path of exile and create a unique item.
Reply Quote
View profile
There are truly MUCH better things you could buy with $1000 than to spend it on a video game all at once.

But... it's your money... and if it makes you happy... then who am I to judge?
Reply Quote
The best players out there don't farm MP10. It's not as efficient. For Hellfire Rings, it does make sense.

The streamers make legendary farming competition on mp10.
Reply Quote
I can think of worse things a person could spend their money on.

I can also think of hobbies where people spend a heck of a lot more money than $1500.

This is America last time I checked - Spend your money how you want and do what you want as long as your not hurting anyone else.

Just my .02.
Reply Quote
Obviously I'm not going to be spending all of it on Diablo 3, but roughly $1,000 to $1,500.

I want to make a beast Witch Doctor that could handle MP10. Any Ideas of how expensive this is? I don't want MP10 to be a struggle. I want it to be easy enough to farm on a regular.

Thinking 2-3 $500 accounts or one awesome account. Any ideas guys? I'm stuck on a bind with this one.

This is the biggest problem w/ this game. Spend your money on real !@#$ that matters and grow up. You obviously have your priorities wrong in life in general.
Reply Quote
01/08/2013 03:20 PMPosted by itsMoist
take that 1000. Go to path of exile and create a unique item.

Lol at least he could feel special and unique that way in stead of spending real money on a WD build that everyone has.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]