Diablo® III

Help me improve

So i got back to Diablo after a huge break and got my current gear with the gold i had. But i'm really needing some advice to improve.

I have around 150m to spend but i'm not sure what to aim for.

One thing i'm prolly going to need to do is to get an Inna's pant, an Ice Climber and better gloves/bracers. (I already have a 100% and a 90% crit gem, but it's with a friend right now)

But I would really like to get some advice to what should I be aiming for and what are my current faults.
Edited by Megalon#1484 on 1/8/2013 11:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Megalon
bump

With your LS I'd switch to OP killing spree/bloodthirst in the short term and bump up your Weapon gems.
Reply Quote
View profile
IMO big vit innas/big stat non MS ice climbers will take your entire budget. It's not a bad move but you gain about 150str, some ar, and wont change your aps BP at all. you are hitting 2.23 and 2.0 right now. With 9more ias you will hit 2.37/2.21, which is still in the same breakpoint for each weapon.

The main issue is you got a budget aps roll EF.

I would focus on getting double dps mods on your jewelry/gloves, getting a better EF with .24aps+. This kind of EF will let you hit 2.23 on the ef with 2 slots of ias, unlike yours. It will let you hit 2.5 with 4 slots of ias. Yours would require 5 slots.

If you can't permawrath consistently, its probably because your aps is too low. I would work on making the build work before doing anything else.
Reply Quote
For farming xp, you need Hellfire ring and Leoric ring.

For general farming, you need max MF.

For ubers/key farming, the easiest to achieve and yet the biggest improve is your mainhand weapon. Get a high base weapon damage (not dps) mainhand can improve your dps a lot. Get rings/amulet with +dmg if possible; stack IAS but remember the APS rank, 1.8, 2.0, 2.22, 2.5, and 2.85. You do same dps no matter what aps between those numbers. Also, you need to have the life steal/LoH/resist/armor/etc to survive first.
Reply Quote
01/09/2013 09:49 AMPosted by rcchris
bump

With your LS I'd switch to OP killing spree/bloodthirst in the short term and bump up your Weapon gems.

IMO big vit innas/big stat non MS ice climbers will take your entire budget. It's not a bad move but you gain about 150str, some ar, and wont change your aps BP at all. you are hitting 2.23 and 2.0 right now. With 9more ias you will hit 2.37/2.21, which is still in the same breakpoint for each weapon.

The main issue is you got a budget aps roll EF.

I would focus on getting double dps mods on your jewelry/gloves, getting a better EF with .24aps+. This kind of EF will let you hit 2.23 on the ef with 2 slots of ias, unlike yours. It will let you hit 2.5 with 4 slots of ias. Yours would require 5 slots.

If you can't permawrath consistently, its probably because your aps is too low. I would work on making the build work before doing anything else.

Thank you guys for the input. My budget just increased a bit to 200m.

Going to look for a better EF. But not sure if i will be able to get an EF with CC and 0.24/25 and socket for a reasonable price, but i will try. Would it be wise to also dump my Butcher and get a 1000dps/socket MH?

As for permawrath, I still don't fully understand the concept since i got back recently. It's to make the entire run without loosing WotB? The only time i actually loose my WotB is when I'm fighting against a single rare elite or when for some reason there is a lack of monsters... I don't think I loose my WotB against ubbers.
Reply Quote
View profile
permawrath is just that. wrath for an entire run. it can only reliably be done on alkaizer runs and uber runs. Key farm runs can also do permawrath with the correct route.

I prefer to be able to keep permawrath vs single targets. To do this you need more aps.

im not a fan of such low damage range on a MH. I prioritize 650-1200 damage first. Then socket, then str or crit. If budget allows, get all of them.
Reply Quote
Changing some stuff here, got a better MH and a placeholder EF with better APS roll until i find one with crit/socket/str/0.24+...

I'm still trying to figure out what makes a good ring. I'm looking for one with good STR/CC/IAS, but i'm not sure how importat the +average damage is.

From what i know, I will prolly be going to stack IAS to get that neat 2.5 BP.

Now, just to know, since my OH is faster than my MH, would the BP from the MH still be important? I'm not sure how the ticks are calculated, but i'm always hearing about how the RltW uses my offhand speed and yet the d3rawr shows 6.67 MH / 7.5 OH tps.
Reply Quote
IMO unless you have 200m for a GOOD EF i think you should swap to a

Open socket
150+str /
3.0LS
50%+ cd
Average dammage

Dagger

and focus more on you're dammage items like ammy/rings

but thats just me
Reply Quote
IMO unless you have 200m for a GOOD EF i think you should swap to a

Open socket
150+str /
3.0LS
50%+ cd
Average dammage

Dagger

Wouldn't the APS loss hurt me? Not sure if the 0.2X+ on my MH worth anything at all.

A neat fast dagger is always a good choice imo too, but my general lack of knowledge makes me a bit relutant to get one.

01/10/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Deathmuffinz
and focus more on you're dammage items like ammy/rings

I'm trying to figure out how important the +average damage on jewelry is. After that i will prolly be going to hunt shinny dps rings/ammys.
Edited by Megalon#1484 on 1/10/2013 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
average damage is more of a Hota stat

swaping out the ef, and focusing on APS on ammy/rings will bump ur dps

imo jewelry should be used for +dammage stats not survivability (ar/vit)
Reply Quote
View profile
Average damage is absolutely necessary. Just like stacking as much CD/str, you need it to reach higher dps. IMO avg dam = str = cd. CC and IAS provide a lot of utility, str to a lesser degree due to the additional armor.

My usual recommendation for EF OHs isn't just for tdps purposes. Hitting 2.23 or 2.5 aps on both weapons makes keeping permawrath so much easier, particularly vs single targets. If you have one hand hitting at 2.0 and the other at 2.5, you will find keeping wrath a lot more challenging. You can definitely get higher tdps with a OH dagger with monster str, monster crit, socket and LS to outperform a budget EF but if you cant keep wrath consistently, you are also losing all the dps steroids wrath provides.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the advice guys. Just got over 2.5 BP on the offhand.

I will be looking to improve jewelry along the way (and reach the BP on the MH) and better pants/lacuni/IC/gloves.

If you guys have any tip for my current itens, i would like it.

Thanks again.

Edit: Also, my friends are telling me to get a SoJ for higher MP, but i'm not sure if it is a wise choice at my current low dps.
Edited by Megalon#1484 on 1/10/2013 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]