Diablo® III

Getting owned in MP7 ... what gives?

Hey all. Just started this barb this week (I think his gear shows). Having a lot of trouble surviving in MP7.

What should I be aiming for, what pieces have to go or be upgraded?

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Your life steal is too low, either switch to bloodthirst as a passive or get life steal on one of your weapons....should prevent you from getting worked so quick....work on that before you go for other upgrades.

Also, change War Cry to impunity....it's still better then hardened wrath.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/10/2013 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Not enough life steal and your life is way too low at 36k
Reply Quote
Sorry -- I normally use bloodthirst when in higher MPs.

Gear-wise, in which direction should I move?
Reply Quote
When I look at your barb, I feel like it should be capable of handling MP10 (but obviously not farming with any efficiency) with bloodthirst and impunity. Put an amethyst in your helm when you're doing high MP's, and/or swap gems till you have 45k or so HP at least. I'd also say you need to upgrade both of your rings (ditch the hf for now) and try to get as close to 6% cc in both. Getting LS in your mainhand would be a plus, and your crit gems are obvious upgrades.

More than anything else, though, you probably just need more practice. ww/sprint isn't as faceroll for everyone starting out as people make it sound.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/10/2013 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/10/2013 01:47 PMPosted by philnovv

Might look for a weapon with LS on your MH. You need more life which you can get from getting some good 2 socket with high vit blackthorne pants. That would get you a lot more life with life%, + some LoH for survivability. You don't need inna's since you get your MS from your boots/lacuni. You can also take out your ruby in your helm and socket an amethyst for upper MP if you are still having trouble.

The rest kinda comes down to playstyle. Don't be dumb and run right into 10 arcanes with molten everywhere. Stay on the outside of those elites since it will drain your life quick which you don't have much of.

I have only played barb for a short time so don't know if I am the best to give advice but that is what I have experienced and can farm MP7 without any deaths or problems.
Reply Quote
increase LS by 4-5% (passive/weapon) and crit by 5% or more (swap HF ring). that should do the trick.
Reply Quote
Sorry -- I normally use bloodthirst when in higher MPs.

How about logging out without hitting WoTB.
Reply Quote
2k strength... okay
Reply Quote
use rend and u'll be fine with mp7
Reply Quote
killing spree is a godsend, warcry doesnt exist to me anymore
Reply Quote
you need to ditch the Mempho for now. Your CH is to low. I also see you focused to much on Critical damage. Its more important to have CH and AS on Gear and keep you Crit damage to your weapons. Once you have a good Attack speed base and CH base then work on adding CD gear into the mix. You not efficient as you can be.

I would get kill the the Helm get and get an Immortal helm for 6 more crit hit. Then sweich out the ammy for a AS 9 and really high Crit Hit. Same thing from rings and gloves. Then maximize your CRit damage with the best gems. You gonna get an additional 50 from passives. You will much more efficent as a ww barb. You just focused on the wrong the mix as you built your guy. At least in my opinion.
Reply Quote
View profile
Another option would be to drop your IK boots for Nat's boots with str/vit and grab a cheap nat's reflection (doesnt even need to have cc unless you want uber cc). You can get one with str/vit/AR or str/vit/avg dmg + socket or something for pretty cheap. Would give you the ias / 7 cc from 2 pc set for better ww efficiency. The IK boots really only give you the 4% melee reduction which you already get 5-6 from the Nats boots. Nat's boots are the best eHP boots in the game imo since they always roll AR/armour/high melee reduction. The dex doesnt hurt giving you some additional dodge chance too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]