Diablo® III

Compilation of ROS builds & Info

Hey Koala I asked in the newb thread to add a link to that one in this one. I'm sure u know people are kinda having trouble finding newbs to give gear to so any publicity would be much appreciated!
Reply Quote
View profile
02/03/2013 08:53 AMPosted by LordZeus
Hey Koala I asked in the newb thread to add a link to that one in this one. I'm sure u know people are kinda having trouble finding newbs to give gear to so any publicity would be much appreciated!

Added her in yesterday :D I didn't put the current title down, but its listed under "Misc Barb Info"
Reply Quote
thanks!
Reply Quote
I like the new topic title. Hopefully it gets more of a look by people before they create topics that can simply be answered by giving links to this thread or other threads within it.

Well played.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks Punxx, I feel its faster to read first, then ask specific questions :)
Reply Quote
Don't know if this was already posted, but I ran across this barbarian legendary gear guide on youtube and found it relatively informative, especially for new barbarian players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZSGEu3n7o
Reply Quote
Koala should make like some phonebook sorta thread. Would be nice having a list of names people could add for farming/uber purposes lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/07/2013 09:44 PMPosted by xxxkan
Koala should make like some phonebook sorta thread. Would be nice having a list of names people could add for farming/uber purposes lol.

Have actually been toying with that idea :) Only didnt want to put any people that charge for their services.
Ill start compiling some names here, good idea!
Reply Quote
@RagingKoala

Have you thought about adding a glossary of terms for some of the newer users? I know from personal experience when I was new that I actually had to Google some terms just to understand the conversation.

Should be fairly simple to come up with a list of terms and their meanings.
Reply Quote
Thanks for linking my thread on fury gen for WotB.

Why do you put link to page 2? I revised page 1 quite a bit, so maybe update link?
Reply Quote
View profile
Ha! I must have been reading it Jim :)

Thanks Punxx, will make one.
Reply Quote
:) See not so hard to get a Sticky Koala!
Reply Quote
Day 1 of patch - Someone should setup plan runs :p
Reply Quote
View profile
02/12/2013 09:00 AMPosted by xxxkan

I was thinking of incorporating that into the Farming for keys thread posted above, Whatcha think?
Was going to combine the keys, plans and essences into one thread.
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 2/12/2013 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Oo that's a very good idea. Definitely.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 12:37 PMPosted by RagingKoala

I was thinking of incorporating that into the Farming for keys thread posted above, Whatcha think?
Was going to combine the keys, plans and essences into one thread.

Totally agree.
Reply Quote
Greetings and thanks for investing the time and effort into bringing all this information together for the community. It's been a valuable resource for myself and others, and has helped tremendously!

I've noticed that since 1.07, it seems that a lot of people are coming back to the game, and are looking for advice on how to gear/spec their barbs. I've pointed some of them to this thread as the best starting point, which reminded me of how lost I was when I decided to switch my main from my Wizard to my Barb.
I started to devise a compendium of acronyms to help out, but then remembered that you already had a list that helped me sort out all the abbreviations when I was working out my stat prioritization.

Below are some additions that could be added to your list that might be helpful to new or returning players.

Thanks again,
Cheers!

BiS - Best in Slot
DW - Dual Wield
EHP - Effective Hit Points
HoTA - Hammer of The Ancients
LoH - Life on Hit
LS - Life Steal
MH - Main-hand
OH - Off-hand
OS - Open Socket
SnB/S&B - Sword and Board (Shield)
tDPS - True Damage Per Second (WW barbs)
Trifecta - usually referring to the holy trinity of damage modifiers (IAS, CC, CD)
WH - Witching Hour
WoTB - Wrath of The Beserker
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks for the addition Araphel, I will put those in as well.
Reply Quote
I've noticed a few continuation threads and some new guides not yet listed.

S&B QA Part 4:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923873623

Phat's budget Double Nado and Gear Reference Part 2 (Temp):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923873618

Nmitty's TryHard: New Crafting Items Guide [Video Guide] (Thread w/ Video link):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7924373245
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]