Compilation of ROS builds & Info

06/12/2013 06:23 PMPosted by wetherbee
your barb is boss 200kdps with shield! whould you have gear to give away

LOL
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?f=post&a=wetherbee%231497&sort=time
Look at the last 5 posts... "ANYONE CAN GIVE GEAR FOR ME PL0X???"
Reply Quote
Ok, I could use some help.

It's been a few months since I last played (I think the patch back in December? was the last patch I played) and apparently a lot of stuff has changed since then. A few questions:

1) What is/are the best routes for farming these days? Are alk runs still the best?

2) What do people farm? I keep reading about farming essences, I am a little lost here.

3) I was using the DT WW barb build. Is this no longer considered the best build for farming? If so, where should I look to learn about the new builds?

4) I got some great advice for my gear a few months back from Pri (thanks a lot btw!). I have a feeling some of his advice might be outdated, and if anyone was willing to look at my barb and give me some advice of what stats I should be looking for, it would be appreciated!
Reply Quote
View profile
Ok, I could use some help.

It's been a few months since I last played (I think the patch back in December? was the last patch I played) and apparently a lot of stuff has changed since then. A few questions:

1) What is/are the best routes for farming these days? Are alk runs still the best?

..........Paragon

Nubtros, experience examination of 1.0.8:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796351234?page=1
This guy takes a lot of time to put all this data together and test things out, pretty good read for exp farming.

2) What do people farm? I keep reading about farming essences, I am a little lost here.

Essences are used to craft the newest items which are account bound. You can look at my gloves, ammies, shoulders and bracers for some examples. The plans are cheap in the AH, if you havent found any yet. Archon plans they are. Squirt in A2 sells the chest armor plans.
If you are looking for loot, feilds of misery, weeping hallows, keeps2 are pretty good spots to farm trash mobs for those beams of light

3) I was using the DT WW barb build. Is this no longer considered the best build for farming? If so, where should I look to learn about the new builds?

WW/RLTW is still widely used, and is considered a pretty decent build still. Most people run without a fury generator, or run a WW/HOTA hybrid build now. There are some build guides on the first page of this thread. (Plus threads pop up in the forums about builds all the time)

4) I got some great advice for my gear a few months back from Pri (thanks a lot btw!). I have a feeling some of his advice might be outdated, and if anyone was willing to look at my barb and give me some advice of what stats I should be looking for, it would be appreciated!

Whats your budget? Pretty much all your gear slots can use some tweaking. Keep your eye out for gear or set giveaways, they pop up from time to time as well.
Reply Quote

Whats your budget? Pretty much all your gear slots can use some tweaking. Keep your eye out for gear or set giveaways, they pop up from time to time as well.

Basically nothing at the moment, haha. Came back with like 50k. Got up to 1.5 mil after playing last night, but basically just some key stats that I need to work on is what I was looking for. I want to change my gloves to get some IAS so I was going to keep crafting those, and I know I need to upgrade my helm, chest, and legs. I am not sure about any of my jewelery though.

Also thanks for the advice!
Edited by VnAProdigy#1744 on 6/17/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Add me up, I'll get ya at least a couple more mps.
Reply Quote
Just returned to the game and leveled a barb to 60. Did some gearing without doing a tremendous amount of research. I regret that now and now I'm to the point where I'm not entirely sure which upgrades will help me the most.

I'm currently using a Skorn and Hota/rend setup.

I'm looking to maximize my DPS without sacrificing survivability.

What are the minimum stats on two 1hs I should aim for that'd give me a boost over this Skorn?
I currently only have 20mil but I'll continue to farm.
Reply Quote
Just recently broke into the 200+ dmg range. I did however sacrifice a bit of hp. Now I was just wondering what would be most effective for me to upgrade next. Ideally I want to be able to do mp10 although I imagine I am still a little far off from this.
Any help will be appreciated. Also wondering if there is any way to up my life steal without sacrificing too much dmg.
Last thing, currently I switch between a rare ring and a soj when I am facing an elite pack. Should I continue to do this or just use one or the other.
Thanks again
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey you two, didnt even see that you posted :/

@ Clicker, I suggest you read this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280358016?page=1 , Nived is pretty knowledgeable and has has much experience with DW. The first things I notice with your set is no vit Inna pants and your rings could use some work for maximum DPS output. May as well pick up an ik belt, 250str/50vit so you do not need to use the LS passive, and your non LS weapon can focus purely on DPS.

@ RealButter, yeah your hurting for vitality for sure, and your gear will need a lot of work to fix.

IK chest 150+ vit, ~200+ ideal
Inna pants, 150+ vit (8 ias are cheaper, but you may need 9 ias, see below)
vit/str/4.5+ CC lacuni bracers (once again, 8 ias are cheaper, but you may need 9, see below)
IK belt, 250/50
Since you've now got your 24% MS, from bracers and pants, you can now go with 170+str, 150 vit ice climbers (no MS)
replace those purple gems in your gear with red ones.
250str+ mempo (or a 4.5+cc mempo if your budget allows) with 8-9 IAS (see below)
Gloves are good for now, keep crafting till trifecta :)
Shoulders, good, but if you feel starved for vitality, maybe try a apair of vitality ones with life % as a backup, or when you need more vit?
unity can be upgraded for one with CD as well. (if budget allows)
As for your SOJ, you may want to get a non barb soj, with cold damage, and 29+BVE, the cold will snare the monsters in your nados, killing them more effectively, also it will help negate any fear proc from your EF.
On the subject of weapons, I would go with an LS/OS echoing fury EITHER A .24-.25 +aps one, dps isnt so important as you'll be using it as an offhand for WW, and an 1100+ cd/os (str if your budget allows) mace for your mainhand.
With a .24 ef you want 34 points of IAS across 4 gear slots 9,9,8,8, a .25 its 33points. So you'll need to decide where to allocate those ias stats on the mempo, innas and lacuni bracers (your gloves have 9% already so thats good) This will allow you to hit the 2.5 breakpoint for WW. (more info located on the first page of this thread under "breakpoints")

That should get you back in a good spot, your paper DPS might go down, but your tDPS will go up, as well as your survivability. Also, gearing like this will free up that passive, so you can use brawler for more DPS, or perhaps superstition for more survivability for tougher content.

Any further questions, you will get faster answers by posting in the main traffic area of this forum, the sticky is basically a reference area, and for suggestions, though if anyone sees you here, I'm sure they will try to help! GL!
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 6/27/2013 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Content saved from Morpheus' latest competition (since it got reported):

As I have spoken about, I have a concept for a challenge involving every class which I hope will be fun, but also educational for those involved, and also those watching. Apologies for the smoke and daggers, but I wanted everything in place before setting this in motion. But the process in Europe has now begun.

The Concept

Each forum contains highly skilled and knowledgeable players who understand their class back to front. What I would like to explore is class synergies, what is the best combination of classes, skills and gear to accomplish a certain task. Also however, and probably more important than the task or the result, how our most knowledgeable players approach the process of selecting characters, builds, skills and gear to achieve this task. In this way, I am hoping that we can all gain knowledge from each other.

There are details to be clarified and defined, so please bear with me while we move through this process. As soon as Europe presents its representatives, we can move forward with the discussion.

Stage 1

Each class creates a team from within its members consisting of their best and most knowledgeable players.
Each Team is given 4B gold to purchase 4 gear sets
Each Team is to consist of at least 1, but not more than 2 characters of their class
Each Team is to consist of characters from at least 2 other classes.
All discussions are to be on open forum and not hidden

The Challenge

Blizzard does not provide is with an adequate challenge and so the challenge will not be perfect. For the moment however, I will need Europe to fully come online before we can define the Challenge and its specifics.

I am hoping this will involve 10 Teams across two servers and multiple continents, so it will needs be not overly complicated.

The Prize

Knowledge and I hope, a bit of fun.
The winning team gets to keep all gear sets and distribute them amongst their community as they see fit.

Stage 2

4 players are selected from the European server and 4 from the America’s server and compete against each other.
Monies will be donated to a cause.
Winning Team will get to decide which charities these monies go towards.
I will start by donating the equivalent of 10B gold towards this fund.

Thoughts so far?
Reply Quote
I read through uberjagers guide to ww and went dboys post he linked to gearing. Both those threads seem kind of dead. I was hoping somebody could help me gear into a ww barb. I have a 400 mil budget. My battletag is kellyxix#1461.
Reply Quote
I just recently got back into the game and I decided to level a barb and I have a couple questions I want to ask regarding mechanics.

1) Whenever I'm using WW it seems that I actually gain fury when I'm attacking multiple mobs. Is there something to it that I'm not understanding?

2) I seem to be doing considerably more damage with my cleave swings than my WW. I crit from anywhere from 150-200k with cleave but I crit for around 70k with WW even though they have the same weapon damage. Does WW damage work in a unique way?
Reply Quote
View profile
I just recently got back into the game and I decided to level a barb and I have a couple questions I want to ask regarding mechanics.

1) Whenever I'm using WW it seems that I actually gain fury when I'm attacking multiple mobs. Is there something to it that I'm not understanding?

Not really sure on this, as your skill bar doesn't have ww on it.

If you are using Battle rage/ITF, you would be gaining fury from the crits. If not, I'd say you are taking damage which also gives you fury back, no matter what skill you are using.

2) I seem to be doing considerably more damage with my cleave swings than my WW. I crit from anywhere from 150-200k with cleave but I crit for around 70k with WW even though they have the same weapon damage. Does WW damage work in a unique way?

This im not sure on, WW should be dealing more damage that cleave unless you are using cleave/broad sweep.
TBH, i've never payed attention to my WW crit numbers, just the tornado crits i leave.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help. I use rupture with cleave so it seems odd that there is such a disparity between damage.
Reply Quote
WW ticks multiple times per second (48.3% of your weapon damage per tick if I'm not mistaken) for an average of 145% per second if your aps is 1.00. I'm on my phone atm so my exact numbers may be wrong.

So the ww crits that you are seeing are the crits based on that single tick of damage whereas when your cleave crits, you're seeing the crit of the full 145% of weapon damage. That said, the real damage from the WW/rltw build is from the tornadoes left behind by sprint.

I'm pretty sure that Nubtro talked about the way WW works in the breakpoint thread on rltw. It works exactly the same as rltw tornadoes with the exception of damage per tick and tick rate when Dual Wielding.

^.^
Reply Quote
While I am working and waiting for the maintenance to finish up, I wanted to point out that there's a scarcity of farming guides for these new patches. I have my own routes, but I believe they are outdated -- got any links, RagingKoala?
Reply Quote
I think this should give you most of what you're looking for:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796351234
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 12:20 PMPosted by silverfire
I think this should give you most of what you're looking for:

Ah, I missed that completely. I must have skimmed over the link thinking it was the breakpoint thread.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah, we really only have the two threads, nubtros exp and a couple DE runs.

I wouldn't mind seeing a thread started about good trash farming routes, like not just the most efficient, but just general good ones.

Why no Diablo profile acrimony? :P
Reply Quote
Yeah, we really only have the two threads, nubtros exp and a couple DE runs.

I wouldn't mind seeing a thread started about good trash farming routes, like not just the most efficient, but just general good ones.

Why no Diablo profile acrimony? :P

Swearing is frowned upon in the forums. Which is surprising because there are more hidden innuendos in the forums than I can count.

I just checked FFSplit with the new hardware, so I might stream an old run of mine. But I need to read up on Nubtro's routes to see where all the densities are. I just realized that Nephlam Valour is carried over into a new act. That's pretty cool!
Reply Quote
Fields of misery seems to be what people are farming for exp. Including scavenger den and crypts if they spawn.

II haven't seen the numbers on it vs act 2 routes though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]