Diablo® III

Compilation of ROS builds & Info

1. The main hand list link is outdated and wrong, in particular Ancient Spear and Call of the Ancients.

2. May I ask you to add the link to the WW/RLTW mechanics thread somewhere? It´s up to date and the most viewed class forums thread, after all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

I am fully aware that I´ve posted the game mechanics compendium but one doesn´t block out the other. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Nubtro
I am fully aware that I´ve posted the game mechanics compendium but one doesn´t block out the other. Thanks in advance.

I am just posting in this thread to comment that I am glad that Nubtro hasn't 100% left the game.

:]
Reply Quote
04/15/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Pri
I am just posting in this thread to comment that I am glad that Nubtro hasn't 100% left the game.

:]

There is hope yet for us, eh? ;-)
Reply Quote
Hey RagingK sir, its your barb sticky body double from EU forum :-) I have taken the liberty of COPY-PASTING your cold and lightning icons from the new design to my own sticky :-) hope you dont think me too rude and copycat (killer) like :-)

I am in the process of reshaping mine and looking for legitimate builds atm, so I swung by your sticky.

On a side note I hope Vaneras can some day win over the website team and give MVPs the power to implement links in the text like the Blues can. That way I can do a REALLY nice and user-friendly sticky! hope hope hope
Edited by OioxFûl#2919 on 4/23/2014 3:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
04/23/2014 03:27 AMPosted by OioxFûl
Hey RagingK sir, its your barb sticky body double from EU forum :-) I have taken the liberty of COPY-PASTING your cold and lightning icons from the new design to my own sticky :-) hope you dont think me too rude and copycat (killer) like :-)

I am in the process of reshaping mine and looking for legitimate builds atm, so I swung by your sticky.

On a side note I hope Vaneras can some day win over the website team and give MVPs the power to implement links in the text like the Blues can. That way I can do a REALLY nice and user-friendly sticky! hope hope hope

How goes it? No I do not mind at all, i've been looking for a fire symbol and something for physical as well, maybe a hammer and anvil or a fist perhaps, been slacking as of late. Theres plenty of options for builds, I'm having a bit of a brain fart trying to figure how to best categorize them, since some builds can be very similar and just differ with the element type you choose. Ill swing by and check your progress, good luck!

I would really like to be able to have the ability to post links like the blues also, would really clear up any clutter in the sticky :)

Borrow anything you like at any time, brothers of barbs!

(Nice luts, innate globes is always a plus!)
Reply Quote
Yeah, thanks I am actually really happy with my luts, only low strength, but yes extra globe roll is the best secondary :-) I try to stack it as well (got it on this chest piece and a new Tyrael last night).
Just got the Royal Ring yesterday too - rolled like yours, but rerolling loh into cc I hope - the 12% life was a nicer benefit I think. but sadly not a power house trifecta roll :-)

About links, Vaneras sadly said maybe and only maybe MVPs would get it eventually but not everyone else becomes of the danger of bad links from trolls :-( But MVPs dont even have the power yet...

Anyway, here's how I slot the builds:

❅❅❅❅❅❅❅ COLD BARB BUILDS ❅❅❅❅❅❅❅❅

Freeze Barb BETA @MannerCookie
Best for:
Need-to-have:
Nice-to-have:
Skill calculator:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ez7haDOpC8

Havent gotten that far yet with all of them, but it's a start. And yes, its hard if its minor differences, I want to go for major build trends and ppl can switch one or two things out per personal preference. Some ppl like Rampage, others like Brawler etc...

I found these for fire and phys:

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ FIRE BARB BUILDS ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
@ # $ % ^ & * PHYSICAL BARB BUILDS @ # $ % ^ & *

The latter are the typical symbols for cursing language and I thought it might represent a build that gets physical HAHA.

I need to check more websites but I am lazy too so I made a thread and ask ppl to suggest builds. Hopefully something good comes from that. I tend to play the game more than look at builds atm :-) Still a lot of items I need to find before I can really trash the game. Going for two barbs and one crusader, so I always can use all items (str) and have different builds/elements.
Edited by OioxFûl#2919 on 4/24/2014 2:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Kudos to the writer. This is one of the most extensive detail breakdown on skills. Thank you for your effort.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/24/2014 02:01 AMPosted by OioxFûl

I found these for fire and phys:

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ FIRE BARB BUILDS ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

So stealing that fire sign ;)

04/29/2014 03:38 AMPosted by Witchydoc671
Kudos to the writer. This is one of the most extensive detail breakdown on skills. Thank you for your effort.

I assume you mean Nubtro and his work :)
Reply Quote
Edit: Nevermind. Changed my build and everything improved. Whoops.
Edited by Kythis#1852 on 5/3/2014 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I found a thread by Druin explaining Elemental Skill Damage:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11986398637#

It was originally posted on the Monk forums, but the information is relevant for all classes. I think that it would be a good thread to have in the sticky.
Reply Quote
I Have a couple of questions.

1). How does the passive skill Blood thirst work now?

"Each point of Fury spent heals you for 578 Life.
Heal amount is increased by 1% of your Health Globe Healing Bonus."

The first part seems easy, spend 20 fury, you get 11,560 life back. seems obvious. But the second part is a bit unclear to me.
It sounds to me that if I proc LoH, say for 500 life healed after co efficient. If my healing globe bonus is 10,000, does that mean that I get an extra 1% of 10,000 (100) added to the 500 I get from the proc co efficient modified healing from the LoH? Or am I miss understanding the meaning here?

Anybody know the specifics?

2). Attack speed break points for Frenzy one handed sword for an SnB'er. Plenty of info out there for WW break points. Is there any particular numbers I should be looking to achieve or is it a case of the more the merrier?
Reply Quote
The legendary drop tables have been leaked. They show the item weights per slot. Thus I extrapolated the given data for Barbarians.

The following spreadsheet lists the avg amout of blood shards needed per item that is available for gamble as a Barbarian.

Spreadsheet
  • https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12wjl32qvbqgJ77WJmaqk5VYX7dYdSa_rDkoh1UMiaV8

Notable mentions:

• Ice Climbers 18622 blood shards
  • Cindercoat 4669 blood shards
  • Skull of Resonance 4335
  • Thunderfury 127119 blood shards (yes that bad! stay away from weapons unless you could use ANY weapon!)
  • Witching Hour 67340 blood shards
  • Lut Socks 3733 blood shards
  • Magefist 1400 blood shards
  • Tasker and Theo 14006 blood shards
  • Stone of Jordan 13746 blood shards
  • Firewalkers 1866 blood shards
  • Paux Folds 5501 blood shards
  • Hexing pants of Mr. Yan 11001 blood shards

What does the data suggest?

There are tons of 1H weapons, 2H weapons, rings and amulets. Additionally those slots cost a !@#$load of bloodshards. Gambling on those slots is not what you want to do if you are looking for a specific item.

If you are ok with ANY item the chance on getting any legendary per gamble is 1.5% for any slot. But mostly you gamble for a specific item and thus you want to gamble for items first that have high odds and are on your list!

The legendary with the best odds to gamble are the "Hammer Jammers" pants. You get a pair every 1100 blood shards.

Sources:

• http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/85636-gambling-drop-rates-summary-part-2-share-your-post
  • http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?858142-Legendary-Drop-Rates-Data-Norm-Master-Drop-amp-Gamble
  • http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?858143-Legendary-Drop-Rates-Data-Torment-Drop
Edited by zork#2480 on 5/6/2014 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
05/05/2014 09:20 PMPosted by Asmodeous
I Have a couple of questions.

1). How does the passive skill Blood thirst work now?

"Each point of Fury spent heals you for 578 Life.
Heal amount is increased by 1% of your Health Globe Healing Bonus."

The first part seems easy, spend 20 fury, you get 11,560 life back. seems obvious. But the second part is a bit unclear to me.
It sounds to me that if I proc LoH, say for 500 life healed after co efficient. If my healing globe bonus is 10,000, does that mean that I get an extra 1% of 10,000 (100) added to the 500 I get from the proc co efficient modified healing from the LoH? Or am I miss understanding the meaning here?

Anybody know the specifics?

2). Attack speed break points for Frenzy one handed sword for an SnB'er. Plenty of info out there for WW break points. Is there any particular numbers I should be looking to achieve or is it a case of the more the merrier?

1) Adding globes will only buff your LPFS. It wont change any return from LOH, LAEK. So adding 10k globes, will add 100 LPFS to the bloodthirst passive, giving you a total of 678 (578+100)

2) I would post in Nubtros mechanics thread, I don't know that I've ever seen breakpoints for frenzy. Thread can be found here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286
Reply Quote
05/06/2014 03:27 AMPosted by RagingKoala

1) Adding globes will only buff your LPFS. It wont change any return from LOH, LAEK. So adding 10k globes, will add 100 LPFS to the bloodthirst passive, giving you a total of 678 (578+100)

2) I would post in Nubtros mechanics thread, I don't know that I've ever seen breakpoints for frenzy. Thread can be found here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286

1). Ah ok. It only works with the healing from the passive itself, the LPFS. I should have figured that out for myself.

2). I have checked that thread and others and googled the topic. Nothing. All the break points posted for the barb all revolve around WW and dual wield. I don't even recall seeing any for two handed either.

Thanks for the reply RagingKoala.
Reply Quote
Good morning all,

Sorry to be a bother but I was wondering if any of the builds listed on the front page of the post are still viable. If they are viable how do they compare to this lvl 70 build listed on Noxxic http://www.noxxic.com/diablo3/barbarian/lvl70-builds/damage-tornado

Also if you do know of any great build for for a barb just starting out I would really appreciate the assistance.
Reply Quote
Hi Ragingkoala,

I noticed on the forum that there has been an increasing number of Barbarians who got the Earth sets , trying to build their Barbs around Leap/EQ but they have many questions. There are currently many viable versions of Leap/EQ builds around, but it is difficult to find all such information and builds in one place. Therefore I took the liberty of writing up a guide to help our fellow Barbarians to understand Leap/EQ builds better, what are the options available and what build might be most suitable for their current gears (as we don't have AH any longer).

I tried to cover as much aspects as possible in my guide but it is a work in progress. I will keep updating it and include more information based on what questions people ask and care about. I'd be honoured if you could read my guide and give me feedback.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673099062

And I think it might be a good idea to include a link to the guide in this thread so that fellow Barbarians will be able to find it easily when they need to.

Thanks.

Frank
Reply Quote
View profile
05/09/2014 03:11 PMPosted by Frank
Hi Ragingkoala,

I noticed on the forum that there has been an increasing number of Barbarians who got the Earth sets , trying to build their Barbs around Leap/EQ but they have many questions. There are currently many viable versions of Leap/EQ builds around, but it is difficult to find all such information and builds in one place. Therefore I took the liberty of writing up a guide to help our fellow Barbarians to understand Leap/EQ builds better, what are the options available and what build might be most suitable for their current gears (as we don't have AH any longer).

I tried to cover as much aspects as possible in my guide but it is a work in progress. I will keep updating it and include more information based on what questions people ask and care about. I'd be honoured if you could read my guide and give me feedback.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673099062

And I think it might be a good idea to include a link to the guide in this thread so that fellow Barbarians will be able to find it easily when they need to.

Thanks.

Frank

Thanks for that, i got it bookmarked and will check it out :)

05/09/2014 06:55 AMPosted by Machiavelli
Good morning all,

Sorry to be a bother but I was wondering if any of the builds listed on the front page of the post are still viable. If they are viable how do they compare to this lvl 70 build listed on Noxxic http://www.noxxic.com/diablo3/barbarian/lvl70-builds/damage-tornado

Also if you do know of any great build for for a barb just starting out I would really appreciate the assistance.

Yeah any of the builds you see are current, that build your looking at is a very early on build, I would check out Phats beginner guide if your starting out.

It all depends on the gear you find, the options that aare available for you really, keep at it, read some topics and see what you think would be the most suited to your liking.
Reply Quote
Any chance someone could view my Barb? I have Odyn and SoH really pushing for a lighting build as if i added it up correctly I have about 66% lighting now. Curious if I should keep pushing for the Thunder belt as ive spelt almost 6000 shards already. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Kadala can now generate torment only legendaries. Thus I updated the gamble spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12wjl32qvbqgJ77WJmaqk5VYX7dYdSa_rDkoh1UMiaV8/edit?usp=sharing

EK Gloves: 4136 Shards
EK Pants: 2866 Shards
EK Helm: 5669 Shards
EK Shoulders: 4002 Shards

For more check the list.

Happy gambling!
Edited by zork#2480 on 5/13/2014 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For your consideration: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674629796

Thanks RK!

PRi
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]