Diablo® III

The Problem isn't BOA or an AH with a zoo of items

The problem is that VERY VERY few people have actually made a second, third or even forth character to level and use in terms of farming or what have you. The reason they didn't is because if you're like me sitting on a paragon 65 barbarian with 187k unbuffed dps and a ton of mf, WHY would I ever logically choose to make anything else? I would essentially be stabbing myself in the back.

The loot probability in this game is just TOO varied to justify making another character that inherently kills monsters at a slower pace with less magic find... There really is no point. Even at my paragon, I haven't found any 'amazing' items over 100m gold. The best I have seen is 1 or 2 in the 45m range. So obviously, I haven't even finished by barb, how can I justify ever making another character, other than having literally a thousand hours to blow.

This is what needs to be solved in order to start moving items across the economy, and it needs to be solved if this game is to ever gain traction in terms of being a true item hunting game.
Edited by Smash#1878 on 1/12/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
i've 3 characters, i don't see the problem.
Edited by Razor#1728 on 1/12/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Razor
i've 3 characters, i don't see the problem.

Anyone can build three decent characters that are in the 100k damage range. But for those wanting to actually utilize each character in terms of actually farming items efficiently, good luck to you sir. My barb is as efficient as it gets, and I get literally nothing 99.99% of the time.
Edited by Smash#1878 on 1/12/2013 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
they're only in the 100k range cause they are leaning more towards tankers.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Razor

Yes but a tank costs absolutely nothing next to a character on the other side of the spectrum, BECAUSE that's how this game is meant to be optimized.

1) Kill stuff very fast
2) Have a SMALL chance to find anything decent. (and I mean small)
3) ??? More than likely not profit even doing that.
Edited by Smash#1878 on 1/12/2013 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Until the issue of Paragon MF/GF bonus affecting ALL your toons is resolved, then the majority of gamers will farm with that one most efficient/highest paragon toon and seek upgrades for alts in that fashion. It's dumb really because the incentive to try other classes for farming just is non existant from an efficiency POV.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Smash
WHY would I ever logically choose to make anything else?

Is it a trick question? Or is the answer..... For Fun?!
Edited by BoldarBlood#1528 on 1/12/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Technoviking
Until the issue of Paragon MF/GF bonus affecting ALL your toons is resolved, then the majority of gamers will farm with that one most efficient/highest paragon toon and seek upgrades for alts in that fashion. It's dumb really because the incentive to try other classes for farming just is non existant from an efficiency POV.

Everyone seems to disagree with this, but the magic find and gold find needs to be account wide. I can't see any other way to fix it other than doing that.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Smash

Yes but a tank costs absolutely nothing next to a character on the other side of the spectrum, BECAUSE that's how this game is meant to be optimized.

1) Kill stuff very fast
2) Have a SMALL chance to find anything decent. (and I mean small)
3) ??? More than likely not profit even doing that.

how do you work that out? being able to tank and throw out decent dmg aint cheap at all.
Reply Quote
[quote="75913087109"]WHY would I ever logically choose to make anything else?

Is it a trick question? Or is the answer..... For Fun?!

You fall into the same category. One good character, the rest are not even close.
Edited by Smash#1878 on 1/12/2013 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Technoviking

hmm nah, alot of people have more than 1 charac.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Razor

hmm nah, alot of people have more than 1 charac.

You've missed the point.
Reply Quote
Completely agree with the topic creator. I'd be fun to play my alts, but lv 65 paragon is 175 free mf. I want to make a mp0 tempest rush monk but no way would he farm as well as my current DH.
Reply Quote
I'm actually extremely confused with people who keep focusing on one character and end up not playing after only using 1 character. Each character is very different and is worth playing.

I leveled all 5 to 60 and actively use two of them a lot. The point is to have fun.
Reply Quote
I'm actually extremely confused with people who keep focusing on one character and end up not playing after only using 1 character. Each character is very different and is worth playing.

I leveled all 5 to 60 and actively use two of them a lot. The point is to have fun.

This game to a lot of people including myself is all in the 'hunt for the best stuff you can possibly get your hands on". I can't justify pursuing that on a character with 175 less mf than my barb as well as he/she will most definitely be weaker as is took me 400 hrs to make that barbarian.
Reply Quote

Not trying to diss ya bro.... i agree... the point should be fun.... but atm unless you consider holy crap repetition and hours and hours and hours of grinding to get near the point of your main fun, well then.... I'm certainly glad "your" having fun.... i wish i was :-/
Reply Quote
I have 2 accounts with multiple geared toons. Dunno what you are talking bout.
Reply Quote

This game to a lot of people including myself is all in the 'hunt for the best stuff you can possibly get your hands on". I can't justify pursuing that on a character with 175 less mf than my barb as well as he/she will most definitely be weaker as is took me 400 hrs to make that barbarian.

nothing is stopping you from getting mf gear for your alt.... seriously man
Reply Quote
View profile
Leveling one character, when done may start on another and use the barb for magic finding to help the next one.

BTW, your unbuffed dps is 112k (http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/smash-1878/Smash/1419325)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]