Diablo® III

The Problem isn't BOA or an AH with a zoo of items

Leveling one character, when done may start on another and use the barb for magic finding to help the next one.

BTW, your unbuffed dps is 112k (http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/smash-1878/Smash/1419325)

Diablo progress ALWAYS underestimates dps. It doesn't take certain things into account. Proof, check your own character.
Reply Quote
I defined fun as playing many characters since I prefer trying all classes instead of grinding for maximum efficiency that I know will burn me out. If using one class for more items is what you find most fun then more power to you.

I don't think all characters should be given a bonus. It means building up other characters is even more pointless than it is now. Some mainstat is nice after you spend 100s of hours to get to a decent level but there is virtually no other bonus with MF removed.. the biggest incentive to level classes.
Edited by hampster#1586 on 1/12/2013 12:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
Leveling one character, when done may start on another and use the barb for magic finding to help the next one.

BTW, your unbuffed dps is 112k (http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/smash-1878/Smash/1419325)

Diablo progress ALWAYS underestimates dps. It doesn't take certain things into account. Proof, check your own character.

I dont need to, I know my unbuffed is 145k. There is no underestimation, depending on passives and actives used your dps can vary widely. Diablo progress is the unbuffed base everything else gets added to. It is not your damage output.
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 1/12/2013 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
idk about anyone else but lots of my good drops came while on secondary toons or low mf/neph stacks

also most of the stuff on the AH doesn't sell for 100+ mil. unless truly solid rolls on items

i suggest if it gets boring doing the same old grind try new builds/classes focus on the fun and the drops will come
Reply Quote
idk about anyone else but lots of my good drops came while on secondary toons or low mf/neph stacks

also most of the stuff on the AH doesn't sell for 100+ mil. unless truly solid rolls on items

i suggest if it gets boring doing the same old grind try new builds/classes focus on the fun and the drops will come

Checks his 'toons', understands why he made that statement.
Reply Quote
I's like to see statistics on how many people have 2 or more P100 characters. It has to be an abysmal number. To think that people are going to paragon level their alts for the MF/GF bonus is absurd. They will eventually make MF/GF bonuses accout wide to all your 60 alts. This change will occur when content gets stale again and the higher-ups want to plug the hole in the dwindling active playerbase.
Edited by Technoviking#1999 on 1/12/2013 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would get bored if I stuck with just one character. No matter the paragon level. Suggest leveling some hardcore characters too.
Reply Quote
try to enjoy the game and not work for the game

no one is stopping you to create other level 60 characters.

I got 2 accounts currently and got 15 lvl 60 characters.

all of the 15 characters have enough survivability to play in MP 0.

I use different builds for every single type of character... as you could see for example my barb, I have total of 3.

the main one are now using HOTA build [dual wield]
the female one are actually not playing at the moment, so I just put up her defense [shield]
the 3rd one in the other account is a combination of Sememic Slam and whirlwind combination [2 handed - skorn]

The skill sets for all of them are also different (although the passives are similar for the main and 3rd one)

So honestly, what my 4th one would be? I am still thinking and plan to do that soon. Probably will try out rend and other combination in the next one.

I am actually enjoying the game by testing and playing around different builds all of the time. Moreover, every upgradable item I could get, I would have 15-20 chances to distribute to my characters (although there seems to be nearly none upgradable item by hunting still...consider most of the characters still have crappy gear) <- sad on this part
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 04:31 PMPosted by SilverFox
I would get bored if I stuck with just one character. No matter the paragon level. Suggest leveling some hardcore characters too.

Wouldnt ever level up some hardcore characters unless I go to Asia server (90ping).

Because currently in US server, I am sitting at 289 to 5xx ping and sometimes in the red line.. so I am not stupid enough to waste my time there at all.

I will however level up my remain 5 slots in my 2nd account in order

demon hunter
barb
witch doctor
wizard
monk
Reply Quote
I think with the boost to XP in 1.07, grinding up an alt to have a decent paragon level is now much more achievable, and with that, don't see a need any more to share paragon levels or MF/GF across characters.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Smash
The reason they didn't is because if you're like me sitting on a paragon 65 barbarian with 187k unbuffed dps and a ton of mf, WHY would I ever logically choose to make anything else? I would essentially be stabbing myself in the back.

Because characters get stale. I don't play the game to just farm loot, that is ridiculous. Heck, I get bored on characters before I can even get passed paragon 20, so getting to 65 is beyond my comprehension. Why would you stab yourself in the back like that?!
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Smash
Until the issue of Paragon MF/GF bonus affecting ALL your toons is resolved, then the majority of gamers will farm with that one most efficient/highest paragon toon and seek upgrades for alts in that fashion. It's dumb really because the incentive to try other classes for farming just is non existant from an efficiency POV.

Everyone seems to disagree with this, but the magic find and gold find needs to be account wide. I can't see any other way to fix it other than doing that.

I guess my issue with doing this is that we're putting band-aid over band-aid on the situation. But I wouldn't really know how else to deal with it, so maybe you're right. I kind of feel it's similar to BoA which is band-aiding the issue of a super-efficient AH economy.

Maybe we need to analyze WoW and Diablo 2 more, as both games did decently with alt-friendliness (though in WoW it was much tougher (than D2) to replace your main char after years).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]