Diablo® III

New changes won't bring me back

Not that you intend to bring me back specifically, but others might share my sentiment.

Everything you are going to change in the next patch is immaterial to me. The game is still stagnant. Act III is the only good act to run in terms of mob density. The game is getting old, as well as the content. The only people left are those that either play the game for profit, have a slight case of autism, or still waiting for that one piece of loot to drop that they think will change their life somehow.

What we need is something new. I didn't buy this game to duel people. I bought this game because the storyline was interesting (I didn't play D1 or 2), and the character abilities were awesome. Add a new dungeon, increase mob density in other acts, provide a new quest to unlock a new follower (so we don't have to listen to the repetitive speech of the current ones), something, anything!

Also, I do believe you guys skimmed over fixing the current worthless item affixes, especially on hellfire rings (thorns specifically.)
Reply Quote
At least you won't leave the forums.

I look forward to reading your threads 14 months from now.
Reply Quote
Most of the changes are some of the most wanted features from people that are playing D3. It is only a preview so there is more features and it's just another positive patch.

Check in a year if you want lots of content.
Reply Quote
I don't think your title will earn you any points.... but i do like yer post.

Game is just boring now.... but then again... I'm not a very good grinder if i don't have incentive.

IE. I'll farm a boss or area forever if i know for sure whatever i am farming is going to eventually drop what i need, but farming forever with no form of certainty i will ever get anything i need.... i dunno, kinda boring.

That's my main gripe, and I'm sure it will attract the "entitlement" crowd, but whatever, putting in an insane amount of time/money/gold to only get better at killing the same stuff is kind of boring.

But anyway, I'm just a whiner dropping in to say good post :-)
Edited by Drakhen#1582 on 1/12/2013 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
New changes won't bring me back

LOL Then stop coming to the forums. :)

All the stuff you're asking for will be added in the expansion. The expansion hasn't even officially been announced, so we have a minimum of a year's wait.

Please leave us alone until then? You're cloggin' up the forums with your QQ, Mr.GeGe.
Reply Quote
Not sure the logic on, "well you are on forums." Yes, I'm on forums providing feedback on the next content patch.

Other than that, I haven't played in quite some time due to the reasons I listed. This new patch isn't going to do anything significant either. They are fixing stuff that should have been implemented on release.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic in expectations. Considering this game launched in May 2012, it has only been 8 months. Yet, I feel like it released years ago...because it died so quick for me. Part of the reason was...once you did normal mode, that was it for content. Rinse repeat several times, then play the lottery on loot. Add in special bosses with special loot, make the ring and realize the probability of getting a good ring wasn't worth the grind (which is why I mentioned affixes being an issue). Buff the item drop, and realize that most legendaries are underwhelming.

I have to wonder, where is the developer love in this game? All the passion for creating the game was placed in the characters. The game content was an afterthought, or so that is what it feels like for me. So, here we are with these amazing set of characters with their own personality, but the content is so dreadful (too strong of word probably) that not even the characters can keep the game alive for long. Heck, at points, it feels like the community is more passionate about diablo than the developers.

but I digress. Chances are...this is the game, and that is it. Such is life. I can't say that it wasn't worth $60, because it was. If it meant that we would get more content faster, I'd actually pay a sub. That is just me though, and I know there are many that wouldn't want that...and I understand. It is awesome to know that when I grow tired of the game, I can walk away and not feel guilty about wasting subscription money. I'm writing because I do love this game, and just anxious for more.
Reply Quote
Other than that, I haven't played in quite some time due to the reasons I listed. This new patch isn't going to do anything significant either. They are fixing stuff that should have been implemented on release.

Last updated on Jan 3, 2013 2:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just have to think of D3 as a stand alone game, then it's quite fun. Try and compare it to D2 and you'll hate it.

I played D2 to death (6 99s), and hated this game at first, but at least it's here, and at least it's getting updated. I think it's on the right track to be great, just isn't quite yet, just good.

Either way, play it if you like it, don't if you don't.
Reply Quote
Just have to think of D3 as a stand alone game, then it's quite fun. Try and compare it to D2 and you'll hate it.

I played D2 to death (6 99s), and hated this game at first, but at least it's here, and at least it's getting updated. I think it's on the right track to be great, just isn't quite yet, just good.

Either way, play it if you like it, don't if you don't.

Yeah, I never played D2 but have heard similar comments as yours.

My view is biased in a way because I'm playing other games that are leaps and bounds ahead in development quality, but none happen to be in the same genre of Diablo, so coming back to this game is difficult because I know there is so much more possible.

I'm done being rude now.

(also to whoever linked the update date on my profile...lol. That doesn't mean I've played the game.)
Reply Quote
View profile
Apparently it brought you back to the forums to lend your extensive insight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]