Diablo® III

Suddenly having an issue with WW. Any ideas?

Last night I started having an issue when using whirlwind. Sometimes my barb will just stop spinning and I have to re-click the button to make him spin again. It is similar to running out of fury while spinning, but it happens even my fury is full. And it could just be my imagination, but it seems to happen more often after WOTB is activated.

I've ran my anti-spyware software and checked all connections. Turned off antivirus software while playing. No improvement. Any ideas? Maybe my old mouse, a Logitech MX510, is just dying on me.
Reply Quote
You're mouse could be bad. Try replacing it with an old one?
Reply Quote
I have noticed this also and i dont think it is your mouse cause it happens to me and I have ww set to #2 so i mash that to ww and he frequently will stop mid ww like I have no fury even when full.
Reply Quote
sithlord, I have been having the same problem for like the last week. I have replaced the mouse twice and neither helped. Sometimes it works fine, then at times it stops working. At least now I know its not just me.
Reply Quote
I know this happens to me after playing for a while as well. For me, it was happening because I was inadvertently dragging my mouse off of the screen down to the menu bar or the health globes area.
Reply Quote
Yeah, this morning I thought the issue was gone at first. But, then it started happening again.

Another issue I've had for about the last week is when I click the D3 desktop icon. It will give an error. Then I close the error and click icon again. After that it goes to login like normal.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Reebsify
I know this happens to me after playing for a while as well. For me, it was happening because I was inadvertently dragging my mouse off of the screen down to the menu bar or the health globes area.

Yeah, I've always had that happen. But, now it happens when I'm nowhere near the menu bar.
Reply Quote
It's funny. I've had game since launch and have never had any issues. I have nearly 200 hours played between all characters. 106 hours played on this WW Barb alone. Now all of a sudden I have issues...
Reply Quote
blizz's way of letting u guys know u shouldn't WW coz it getting nerfed? lol

Jk.. no way that would eva happen. And no im not saying Barb is OP... many disagree with me. I just personally get quite dizzy from all that spinning.... 4 hours later... Oh look im still spinning! yay.
Reply Quote
I had this problem until I replaced my mouse, I had mine bound to right click though - after the new mouse I have had no problem with using WW
Reply Quote
when you stop spinning do you stop moving at the exact same time or do you continue moving where you are clicking just without spinning?

are you using the force move binding?

if you continue moving sans spin and no force move, then something is wrong in the game. if you stop moving and spinning at the same time, something is stealing your window focus (malware or macro program)

how are you running the game? console mode? windowed? windowed fullscreen? the input methods for mouse are quite different in each.
Reply Quote
when you stop spinning do you stop moving at the exact same time or do you continue moving where you are clicking just without spinning?

are you using the force move binding?

if you continue moving sans spin and no force move, then something is wrong in the game. if you stop moving and spinning at the same time, something is stealing your window focus (malware or macro program)

how are you running the game? console mode? windowed? windowed fullscreen? the input methods for mouse are quite different in each.

I stop moving and spinning at the same time. Everything is default. WW is right click. I'm running the game the default way. Is that console?
Reply Quote
Most probable is the mouse button.
Try binding your WW skill in the keyboard?

It could also because of your internet connection.
Reply Quote
This is really starting to piss me off......
Reply Quote
Well, I think it's gotta be my mouse. I bound WW to a different key and it worked just fine. Went back to right click and the problem was still there. Guess I'll go buy a new mouse.
Reply Quote
It was definitely the mouse. I've been playing for about 2 weeks with the new mouse and the problem is gone.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]