Diablo® III

PvP builds and tactics (once PTR is live)

For the upcoming PTR featuring the long awaited PvP option, hopefully the guys who participate can post providing details on how their in game PvP dueling went. I plan on trying out a few different builds, depending on the skill nerfs that I'm sure Blizz will
impose, to find out the optimum build based upon the class of my opponent.

For the time being, I'll be using my current build as a trial run to see what happens.
Reply Quote
i dont think beacon of ytar is good to use for pvp. So many people are doing 200k + dps. I fore see most duels not last more then 30 seconds due to glass cannons either dying nice and easy or killing nice and easy.

people will adjust to the survive and ehp like youand me but i wouldn't be using beacon.
Reply Quote
bait their defensives with fake blind gibs--then once you got them vulnerable a sudden assault SSS outta clean them up.
Reply Quote
Drop beacon of ytar most chars haven't adjusted to ehp and shields builds so i foresee glass gannons either killing you or dying easily within 30 seconds.

I would suggest in its place either pacifism, near death experience & or combo strike. But i really like the idea of near death experieince. With my ehp i will effectively have nearly 2 full health bars with that 1 passive.

also i would drop blinding flash with sss 23 secs duration rune gives you a chance for 2 secs invunerable as well as 2 chances of finishing within 30 secs
Edited by Taross#1144 on 1/12/2013 3:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I foresee a lot of kiting in pvp. Bit skeptical on whether SW will be viable or not due partly to the high spirit cost, but also to the buff ramp up time with any combination of BW, FitL, FS, BF, and CS.
Reply Quote
We'll have to see what happens once the PTR is live. Making statements that certain skills will be a waste of time is a bit premature, although it may be proven true once we can try them out on the PTR.
Reply Quote
Dashing strike is a mandatory skill against any ranged characters. Probably the best skill vs ranged.
Reply Quote
If the teleport from FoT is removed, DS may very well be quite useful vs ranged.
Reply Quote
View profile
@jco
Yeah, I'm not saying it won't be viable, I'm just a bit hesitant to think it will be. Especially if they eventually do implement TDM since it seems unsettlingly similar to WoW arenas. Thats all about LoSing and kiting and everything, and it seems like if that is how things turn out that it might be somewhat tough maintaining it once you have it up and running.

@hampster
Yeah. Even against melee, I agree that DS is probably going to be one of the mandatory pvp skills. The fact that it places you behind your target will also potentially give opponents targeting problems, at least initially. Don't forget it also has (during the end of the animation) a very small invulnerability window (I think? I know it did at one point, at least).
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 1/12/2013 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I doubt most Monks will have the chance or the ability to smash out x amount of hits on other characters before getting killed. I imagine that most of our kills will predominantly come from spirit spenders.
I think our ability or in this case inability to regenerate spirit could heavily work against us, theoretically speaking I would imagine we would need to finish off other players with in the 150/250 spirit that we have and that the opportunity to regen through the usual means of punching with our spirit gens would or could be next to nothing. This is just something I've been pondering.
Reply Quote
I doubt most Monks will have the chance or the ability to smash out x amount of hits on other characters before getting killed. I imagine that most of our kills will predominantly come from spirit spenders.
I think our ability or in this case inability to regenerate spirit could heavily work against us, theoretically speaking I would imagine we would need to finish off other players with in the 150/250 spirit that we have and that the opportunity to regen through the usual means of punching with our spirit gens would or could be next to nothing. This is just something I've been pondering.

i agree with you in regards to most 2 hand and dual wield builds running 500k ehp or around abouts. But when ur a monk with 1 mill+ ehp with over 50% dodge and 24% block i will have plenty of time to sustain most chars in pvp.

Looking for a main hand atm with 2.5% + ls and 500+ loh crit damage socket 1k + damage. With that i will have my newly aquired ammy i will have the ability to pop3-5k constant hit heals.
Edited by Taross#1144 on 1/12/2013 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I actually expecting dueling to be long drawn out affairs largely due to the 90%+ damage mitigation almost decently geared Inferno clearing characters carry.

I predict no one will have a chance against a Demon Hunter with Legacy's Nats.

I would expect Inner Sanctuary (if it still exists after the patch) to be somewhat useful against other monks and barbs.

Dashing Strike is a must.

And of course we will finally find out if Seven Sided Strike is OP. *Chuckles*
Reply Quote
Pandemonium, obviously. If I hit someone with seven blasts, and each has a 25% chance to stun, then the odds of stunning the opponent are nearly 87%. Most players will be in poor shape, I think, if they have to eat a seven-second stun. Or am I wrong?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]