Diablo® III

Monk boosts team damage by more than 100%??

Here's an experimental build I'm using for ubers. Atm it's mainly for use with a 99% CM wiz since my resistancne has taken a hit in favor of increased personal and team DPS.. I'm not too familiar with whether or not EP team damage is boosted to 36% as the list suggests so I'm posting this to the community for feedback. I only crit for about 1-1.5 mil per sec and I'm still colecting data since I've only done one real uber carry with this build.. Total game time from 1st hit was under 30 minutes including 5 e's, ubers and w's. I'm not using a sweeping wind build atm and I hv no idea how the damage from this chart compares to a 200k+ sweeping wind build, but killing Ghom/Rak and SB/Kulle in just over a minute with my team is fine with me. Please note that I have not used my Inna hat yet and I haven't tried other primary attacks with similar team buff runes like the ones below.. Looking forward to the numbers after I experiment some more!

Team damage buffs:
Mantra of Conviction - Overawe 24%-48%
Guiding light Skill 16%
Exploding Palm - The Flesh is weak 12%
Exploding Palm - Inna's Radiance 12%
Exploding Palm - Stone of Jordan 12%
Crippling Wave - Breaking wave 10% *or*
Deadly Reach - Foresight 18% (Haven't really used this one.
Total 95% - 118% team boost.

Personal damage buffs:
Blazing Wrath 15%
SOJ 30% against elites in addition to ubers and W
Faith in the light 35% (30%+5% xtra Holy Damage from SOJ)

Beacon of Yar (Optional) Usually used with a barb using WC.
Reply Quote
View profile
Skill damage boosts from gear only additively (afaik) boost the weapon damage. That has nothing to do with rune effects unless they boost the skill damage itself. Meaning your +24% EP damage from gear has no bearing on FiW and the fact it effects your whole group. Foresight is also a self buff, nothing more.

If you were to replace Breaking Wave with Thunderclap and Serenity or Blazing Wrath with Cyclone, I think your kill times would be lowered because the edps you would gain would be more than the loss of +40% group damage. Its the unfortunate truth atm that using anything other than TC and Cyclone is just not very effective or efficient.
Reply Quote
"Foresight is also a self buff, nothing more. " How can u tell? It says "all attacks" just like overawe..
Thanks!
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure overawe isn't considered an attack, and the additional damage is added on last, meaning foresight buffs your base dps only.

To use myself as an example:

160kish base
250 with blazing wrath, combo strike and foresight

Add in overawe last, and my dps without cyclones should be about 310-375k, so basically doubling my own dps while adding the 24-48% for the party.

I haven't done any testing personally, but that seems how it works based on my experience.
Reply Quote
Foresight is definitely only a self buff.
Reply Quote
EP - flesh weak rune
its a 12% debuff so any gears increase EP will not change that 12%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]