Diablo® III

New MP Exp levels, worth it in 1.07? (Video)

So, with the new experience point totals being released (yet unconfirmed) I decided it was going to be a good idea to see if running a high MP will finally make sense to farm for not only loot, but experience. I must warn you:

RESULTS WILL VARY

What I did was take a couple videos...one of me farming MP10, one of MP7. I selected MP10 because it is the highest MP available and also, in turn, the one that is being given the most XP boost with the next patch. I chose MP 7 because it is where I feel I am still able to kill trash mobs and elite's at a good speed, maintain WoTB, and I also have enough defense to survive when I take War Cry out of my build and put in Rend, which is my preferred farming build. Both video's were shot in the Keep Depths lvl 2, because that is my preferred farming area. No increase xp% items were used during the runs, but elite kills did contribute to neph valor stacks at different rates and different times throughout the run (although my idea was to get an approximation, not an exact science here) For the purpose of simplicity I will be calculating XP rate with 0 stacks and 5 stacks of N.V. for the MP levels. Also, I will be using my xp/min number as the base 0 N.V. number in the calculations....I know this creates some discrepencies, but it will give a rough idea.

Now, to clarify, I am not trying to find my optimum MP level with these vids, they are a very small sample, and you can witness in the MP10 video I did end up having to backtrack a ways, and it did not appear to have the same monster density....but rather I am trying to see if high level WW barbs will see a significant benefit post-patch with regards to running a higher MP with their best gear, as opposed to throttling damage, stacking XP % items, and running on a lower MP.

The given that I am working with is that I have timed my MP0 runs in the past and have come to the conclusion that with stacking increase xp% items and throttling my damage the best I was able to get on a single run was 1.5 mill xp per minute. After I accounted for lost time restarting games and travel distance and RNG of maps I was coming out to about 65-85 mill XP per hour.

The benefits with running a higher MP will be less restarting of the individual games, more (and better quality) loot, less travel time because the mobs will now take longer to kill individually, and a higher chance for 1.07 crafting items (as outlined in the patch notes).

Currently MP7 gives 95% increase to XP, this will become 275% after patch 1.07 if the numbers remain the same. With 5 stacks of NV this will cap out at 350% XP.

For this current run I gained 2,612,762 XP in 3 minutes or 870,920 XP per minute

in 1.06:

0 N.V. stacks = 195% XP from every mob
5 N.V. stacks = 270% XP from every mob

in 1.07:

0 N.V. stacks = 375% XP from every mob
5 N.V. stacks = 450% XP from every mob

That means in order to estimate what 1.07 figures will look like I need to multiply:

(current XP per min from 1.06) * (XP % for 1.07 / XP % for 1.06 <0 N.V. stack>)

In order to calculate 5 stacks of N.V. for 1.06 the figures will come from this formula:

(current XP per min from 1.06) * (XP % for 1.06 <5 N.V. stack> / XP % for 1.06 <0 N.V. stack>)

All calculations will be done with this method....I hate showing my work...makes me feel like someone is going to find a glaring hole in it.....which I hope won't happen, but....I am not the perfect mathematician.

MP10 will be substituted with an average of 581,500 XP per min in 1.06 with 0 N.V. as I have calculated from the video and 510% XP, up from 160% boost as indicated in the patch notes, I don't want to type it all out again, so let me know if you are confused where it all came from.

MP7 video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJYWFTlDc9Y&feature=youtu.be

MP10 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBLzBA4bUw&feature=youtu.be

The Results:

MP7:

1.06 0 stack N.V. - 870,920 xp/min
1.06 5 stack N.V. - 1,205,889 xp/min

1.07 (proposed) 0 stack N.V. - 1,674,846 xp/min
1.07 (proposed) 5 stack N.V. - 2,009,815 xp/min

MP10:

1.06 0 stack N.V. - 581,500 xp/min
1.06 5 stack N.V. - 854,078 xp/min

1.07 (proposed) 0 stack N.V. - 1,853,531 xp/min
1.07 (proposed) 5 stack N.V. - 2,126,109 xp/min

As you can see these values are significantly higher then they are in 1.06, and even clear my best throttled damage + xp% times that I have been able to pull off at 1.5 mill xp/min. Obviously +xp% items will have to be factored in and will have a larger impact on reduced MP's but just for a generous estimate I think we can safely assume if these number hold true higher level WW barbs that are capable of upper MP farming will be able to level 30%+ faster in higher MP's without even using XP% items, get better quality drops, and be able to keep WoTB up a lot easier.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/13/2013 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks for very useful information.

If you have a Hota gearset, can you please try to compare the mp10 clear timer between ww/nada and HotA ?
Reply Quote
How about proposed mp1?
Amazing that mp10 is faster exp for you than mp7!
Reply Quote

If you have a Hota gearset, can you please try to compare the mp10 clear timer between ww/nada and HotA ?

Unfortunately I do not have a gear set optimized for that build....normally my farming speed with HoTA is at about 70% of what it is with WW/Nado if that gives you a good idea...
Reply Quote
How about proposed mp1?
Amazing that mp10 is faster exp for you than mp7!

I can farm MP1 with throttled damage and XP% items, but my XP/min goes down to about 1.4 mill xp/min, and MP 1 is only gaining a 15% overall XP % boost taking it from 10% to 15%, well with leorics, hellfire, cains set, NV and everything else added in there going from 220% or so base XP per mob to 235% base XP per mob isn't very significant for me....but it will be for people who currently do farm that level, and are only able to farm it with the base 110% XP for each mob....going to 135% base XP for each mob means they level over 10% faster.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/13/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
It is somewhat disappointing it took them this long to admit the mp system was nothing more delude people into thinking high mp = higher rewards and was the the sole metric for progression.

Being able to do high mp should yield more benefits though sadly this will mean half the forums will be "How can i do mp (X)" threads. However, based on your data it seems the benefit is still rather marginal compared to the ridiculous gear leap from mp 7 to 10.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Lorenze
Being able to do high mp should yield more benefits though sadly this will mean half the forums will be "How can i do mp (X)" threads. However, based on your data it seems the benefit is still rather marginal compared to the ridiculous gear leap from mp 7 to 10.

Keep in mind though the MP7 run was done with my optimized build for farming which subs out War Cry for Rend...the only reason that I can do that is because I have enough defense and sustain to opt out of all defensive passives and skill in MP7....whereas I use defensive skills and passives in MP10 a majority of them time (although I can drop them, it just increases chances of death...stupid fallen maniacs). I think the build change accounted for a faster experience in MP7 and allowed it to be a much closer race then it will be for most people. Mp7 may be my 'sweet spot' for farming, but it looks like MP10 will still yield more results simply if you can do it with the same or even slightly less rate of damage then other other MP's.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/13/2013 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Unfortunately I do not have a gear set optimized for that build....normally my farming speed with HoTA is at about 70% of what it is with WW/Nado if that gives you a good idea...

Yea i kinda have the same problem myself, dont have gear optimized for ww/nado.

But i gave the same run a try in the standard Hota build (no sprint) and a ruby in my helm.
Getting around 550-600k xp per min.

So i should also be able to reach that 120mil xp/hour number.

I think, if i optimize my gear/build a little i can change warcry for sprint, and get a higher number.

*edit*

568,553 xp/min HotA mp10 run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnmaTQqn_tY
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 1/13/2013 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
So i should also be able to reach that 120mil xp/hour number.I think, if i optimize my gear/build a little i can change warcry for sprint, and get a higher number.

Absolutely....these are just rough estimates when it comes down to it, but it's kind of nice to see that higher MP will actually be efficient now.
Reply Quote
i was thinking of doing sth like this after the patch ccame out. thanks for this though. gives us a rough estimate of what to expect.

sadly im not optimized for ww/nado either. perhaps another amulet should fix that. hmmm.

could you tell me how many samples you exactly took?
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 07:33 PMPosted by SoLiDAlvi
could you tell me how many samples you exactly took?

Just did 2 more of each....they are all pretty similar findings....nothing too crazy, so that makes 3 runs of MP7 and MP10.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/13/2013 7:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Yea i kinda have the same problem myself, dont have gear optimized for ww/nado.

But i gave the same run a try in the standard Hota build (no sprint) and a ruby in my helm.
Getting around 550-600k xp per min.

So i should also be able to reach that 120mil xp/hour number.

I think, if i optimize my gear/build a little i can change warcry for sprint, and get a higher number.

*edit*

568,553 xp/min HotA mp10 run -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnmaTQqn_tY

Detox,

You can absolutly take war cry out and put spint in. Your times will be much faster, thats how I currently am farming MP10. There is no way of finding out how much XP I make now since I hit 100, but I can tell you that time is cut down on getting to elite packs and trash mobs go down much faster.
Reply Quote
It will almost be frustrating to hit paragon 100 with all this increase to XP going on....imagine the people that grinded it out in 1.04?
Reply Quote
I'm 99.7 Paragon now.

Unfortunately there would be no XP for me to grind in 1.07. Kinda bummed out that I can't make use of the increased XP amounts since I normally just farm @ MP10.
Reply Quote
I'm 99.7 Paragon now.

Unfortunately there would be no XP for me to grind in 1.07. Kinda bummed out that I can't make use of the increased XP amounts since I normally just farm @ MP10.

Yeah, it looks like MP10 will be the way to go for once if they keep these XP increases...
Reply Quote
Did test some mp10 farming runs on the ptr, and the calculation (pre 1.07 ptr) on how much xp i would get, dont match with that iam getting at all. ;(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OUN1JvFsxg

"Will do more extensive testing when 1.07 goes live (where i show items and build), but by the look of the preliminary results, its still best to farm xp at low mp levels.

Ive been getting around 75-85mil xp per hour in the full runs ive done..

In this short movie i had ~1.3mil xp per min, which translate into 78mil xp per hour."

How much xp/hour are you guys getting at mp10 ? Would be nice if we could compare classes and builds here..

*edit*

@ Wayneold

Maybe you could do some runs, so we can compare values...
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 2/2/2013 2:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
mp 9 mob health is 4770% of 0
mp 10 mob health is 8300% of 0

the health jump from 9 to 10 is a lot more than 8-9 or 7-8.

mp 9 should yield best xp results imo, with good gear
Reply Quote
Det0x, it has been a while. For updated findings I will refer you to another post of mine:

I just ran some tests with the new XP values, and although they fall short of my previous predictions, here is what I found:

I ran only MP7 and MP10, mainly because 7 feels very fast for me, and is kind of my comfort level.

MP7 vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5y_HkWtvs&feature=youtu.be

I gained 4,319,533 XP in roughly 3 minutes, or 1,439,844 XP/min

I tried on some other runs and was able to level out around 1.5 mill XP/min (no XP boosting items)

MP10 vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUVUCQvJlsQ

I gained 6,887,490 XP in roughly 5 min 30 seconds, or 1,252,270 XP/min

I tried a few more runs and was able to level out at about 1.4 mill xp/min.....MP10 is tricky, and because I killed elites during my run it all depended how many "extra health" mobs I ran into....they aren't even worth the time of day to kill actually....

Regardless, the new XP values are going to change the leveling scheme of this game. I personally am putting off a lot of my leveling to paragon 100 until these new XP values are implemented (I hope they stay the same) because I will be able to level 50% faster then previously and get better loot....it's a win-win.

And with gear a little closer to your caliber:

So I have been trading some gear around on the PTR in an attempt to try to figure out PvP....turns out I am not all that great at it yet.....but I'm gonna work at it when I have time.

But, because I have access to a lot of gear I normally wouldn't I decided to try out Skorn WW MP10 farming with some real boss gear and here are the results:

Act 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9KrMQELeI&feature=youtu.be

Act 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxK5iUITGk&feature=youtu.be

It was a lot of fun and very, very fast......some of the most powerful gear in the game with one of the fastest farming builds available.....

Needless to say I won't have access to any of this gear post-PTR, but it's fun to play around with, thought I would share.

Unfortunately I do not have the capabilities to re-test these numbers (FYI - the gear in the last 2 sets of video's yielded close to 1.7 mill xp/min avg, and had a high of 1.9 mill xp/min on a single run). The gear and build that I had in that video is the fastest MP10 and XP farm that anyone has done to my knowledge.....and I know you have similar gear in your armory Det0x, so you should be able to pull it off.

As a little pro-tip people always complain when they don't want to assign WW to mouse 1 to run without a fury generator....simple fix, replace bash/frenzy with rend.

The build I used is currently in my armory, with the Rend rune being interchangeable....I found Lacerate worked better for higher levels.

Also, if you (you probably don't Det0x, but some would) have any question on how to run without a fury generator it can be found in Uberjager's guide section 4, I do a whole write-up on it....enjoy.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 2/2/2013 4:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ Wayneold

Thanks for feedback :)

But i don't believe the xp values are correct in the current ptr...

I just recored a mp10 run on 1.06 live server (12mins), netting me a 41mil xp per hour. That's roughly half what iam getting on 1.07 ptr (75-85 mil xp per hour)

The experience bonus rewarded for killing monsters on Monster Power levels 1-10 in Inferno has been increased:
MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)

If i understand this right, i should get ~3 times as much xp per hour on 1.07 then i get on 1.06 --> should be around ~120mil xp per hour. (as previously "calculated")

*edit*

I gonna try to record some mp 7-8-9 runs on the 1.07 ptr, and see how much xp/hour i get with the hota build.

I can uploaded the 12min 41mil xp per hour run on 1.06 live if anyone want to see it.
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 2/2/2013 5:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
im just going to farm mp10 because a) the demonic essence drop, b) the plan drop, c) guaranteed key drop at the end should i decide to make myself a few machines, and d) i have a lot more fun doing mp10 because i feel like i'm not in a ridiculous rush and struggling to keep wotb up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]