Diablo® III

New MP Exp levels, worth it in 1.07? (Video)

@ Wayneold

Thanks for feedback :)

But i don't believe the xp values are correct in the current ptr...

I just recored a mp10 run on 1.06 live server (12mins), netting me a 41mil xp per hour. That's roughly half what iam getting on 1.07 ptr (75-85 mil xp per hour)

The experience bonus rewarded for killing monsters on Monster Power levels 1-10 in Inferno has been increased:
MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)

If i understand this right, i should get ~3 times as much xp per hour on 1.07 then i get on 1.06 --> should be around ~120mil xp per hour. (as previously "calculated")

*edit*

I gonna try to record some mp 7-8-9 runs on the 1.07 ptr, and see how much xp/hour i get with the hota build.

I can uploaded the 12min 41mil xp per hour run on 1.06 live if anyone want to see it.

You are forgetting to factor in that every monster inherently gives 100% base XP regardless of level and the values are simply a bonus. So, because of that your numbers are off quite a bit. In 1.06 you are getting:

100 base xp + 160 MP10 bonus + any other bonus (hellfire, XP gem) = 260% XP from every mob

in 1.07 you will get:

100 base xp + 510 MP 10 bonus + any other bonus (hellfire, XP gem) = 610% XP from every mob

And these numbers are without any other bonus, so as you can see when you begin to factor in hellfire and XP gem in helmet for example you end up for MP10 with:

1.06 = 321% XP
1.07 = 671% XP

Or roughly twice as fast as your 1.06 numbers....meaning that your findings actually are not as far off as you thought. Now, if you change your build and tactics with the gear you have to something closer to what I showed in the video I believe you can reach close to 1 mill XP/min in 1.06 and almost 2 mill XP/min in 1.07 like I was able to do. I will say, though, that I have not witnessed anyone doing a faster MP10 run than what I posted in my PTR test video for any class, much less barbarian. However, Det0x, I know you have the gear and the skill to beat me out....might just take a little practice.
Reply Quote
Its nice to see some good discussion going on here in the D3 forums. Maybe I should come back here more often.

Anyways, I did a bit of testing and found that for my gear setup my optimal MP was 5.

Here's a video of an above average run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHXO4ug3H0

I averaged 139 M/hr over 5 runs without shrines excluding load time. MP10 was 100-120 depending on builds.

In comparison to the high MP ww/rend build, the DPS output of ww/hota is lower, but it allows you to keep WotB up a lot easier on lower MPs.

If you are planning on farming MP10, then skorn ww/rend is definitely the way to go but if you're going for XP using a higher fury generation build that allows you to stick to lower MPs may be better.

Btw, is animation cancelling not that popular in the D3 forums? It may help speed up your rend farming times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_fmLHkm6M
Reply Quote
seems like a lot of ppl will just do mp10 to try and reduce boredom somewhat. once you get para leveled then you will have nothing to work on except the AH.
Reply Quote
Its nice to see some good discussion going on here in the D3 forums. Maybe I should come back here more often.

Anyways, I did a bit of testing and found that for my gear setup my optimal MP was 5.

Here's a video of an above average run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHXO4ug3H0

I averaged 139 M/hr over 5 runs without shrines excluding load time. MP10 was 100-120 depending on builds.

In comparison to the high MP ww/rend build, the DPS output of ww/hota is lower, but it allows you to keep WotB up a lot easier on lower MPs.

If you are planning on farming MP10, then skorn ww/rend is definitely the way to go but if you're going for XP using a higher fury generation build that allows you to stick to lower MPs may be better.

Btw, is animation cancelling not that popular in the D3 forums? It may help speed up your rend farming times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js_fmLHkm6M

You....are very good at your build, I am impressed. If I still had gear I would try this animation reduction that you suggested, it seems interesting....

02/03/2013 08:53 PMPosted by Orwell
seems like a lot of ppl will just do mp10 to try and reduce boredom somewhat. once you get para leveled then you will have nothing to work on except the AH.

Once you get to a certain level of gear you really have nothing to work on in this game anyway, unfortunately.
Reply Quote
wow, nice to see a forum post with a lot of useful information. So I know you guys are testing WW and HOTA builds. Is it even possible to do higher MPs with sword and board? or are barbs basically required to spec WW or HOTA to be efficient in later MPs?
Reply Quote
Thanks Wayneold. I played with my WW/Rend spec with is pretty much the same as your but I went brawler instead of unforgiving. I found that if you're going for pure XP it's superior to pretty much every build out there IF you skip elites.

Here's a recording where I managed to hit 180M/hr as my peak. My shrineless average was around 162M.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvrs0F1P47Y&feature=youtube_gdata
Edited by Chazhang#1102 on 2/25/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
I really am interested to watch this video, but it will have to wait until I get home from work. I use Brawler as well too..... I normally don't use Unforgiving....did I in these vids? If so, that is unlike me....

If this vid is like the other one I saw of yours I think I found someone who is faster than me finally....
Reply Quote
I really am interested to watch this video, but it will have to wait until I get home from work. I use Brawler as well too..... I normally don't use Unforgiving....did I in these vids? If so, that is unlike me....

If this vid is like the other one I saw of yours I think I found someone who is faster than me finally....

Wayneold, it looks like you need to try out this build on Saturday assuming you are not working. Who knows maybe I will bump into you in the morning.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]