Diablo® III

[MAC] lag / stuttering gameplay

from many sources i read.. it seems the problem is the osx itself in interaction with opengl apps

i also experienced the same laggy thing with my adobe photoshop when editing hires images :( did smc and pram reset, but nothing seems to work

oh btw, the lag also occur at the cinematic movie, the scenes and sounds are often unsynchronized
Reply Quote
from many sources i read.. it seems the problem is the osx itself in interaction with opengl apps

i also experienced the same laggy thing with my adobe photoshop when editing hires images :( did smc and pram reset, but nothing seems to work

oh btw, the lag also occur at the cinematic movie, the scenes and sounds are often unsynchronized

Sounds like this is the heart of it. I just wish these issues were confirmed and an official statement was made sooner. It's really not difficult to replicate and there have been a plethora of reports to confirm said issues.
Reply Quote
I solved this issue by waiting for the fans to shut off after D3 closes and then put the computer to sleep manually by pressing power and selecting sleep from the menu.

I tested this with variable circumstances of time played, how hot the fans ran and how long the computer was asleep and it seems to be fixed at the moment.

Try putting your computer to sleep without closing the lid first.

This is not advised as there is a separate OpenGL bug on Apple's radar regarding system sleep and wake-up performance in both Lion and Mountain Lion. If you are on either of these two operating systems, do not put the entire system to sleep. Ever.

Reply Quote
same thing is happening to me right now. is there any other option than not playing at all?
Edited by MIKE#6527 on 3/27/2013 3:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/27/2013 03:13 AMPosted by MIKE
same thing is happening to me right now. is there any other option than not playing at all?

The credited response, use Windows via 'Bootcamp'.

This title runs like trash. The only viable method is windowed mode, all settings low, latest mountain lion OS.

There is zero official response to why performance is low, and never will be.
Reply Quote
I installed D3 in windows bootcamp. still having that lag problem...
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 02:53 AMPosted by MIKE
I installed D3 in windows bootcamp. still having that lag problem...

If you are running from Windows via Boot Camp, you should refer to the Technical Support Forum located at the link below, as they can assist with Windows issues. Boot Camp/Windows is not something covered by the Mac Tech Support Forum. :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

Reply Quote
Hi all. I thought I was the only one experiencing this type of laggy (1000-3000+ ms!) gameplay. Did everything the forums suggested.. Upgrading to mountain lion, resetting pram and smc, lowering all gameplay parameters (video and audio), running windowed (full screen and not), currently trying to patch the game again and hoping this solves the problem so I can start playing again.

D3 worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago.. Other games, including console games, and other blizzard games run fine with little or no lag..

Any word on a fix? Anyone? Anyone?
Edited by BuradO#1706 on 4/4/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard's IT teams are looking into the latency, but it does appear so far that the problem is not specifically on their end. AT&T's network has been seeing significant latency increases lately, and they are the provider for Battle.net. Once they get their issues resolved, this will likely subside.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]