Diablo® III

Reducing Friend Invitation Spam

I am reporting my first spammer since beginning of October nearly every day and he still spams me along some others meanwhile.
Edited by Sirportalez#1174 on 1/15/2013 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:07 AMPosted by kukabuka
You mean you dont do something like this already?????

seriously!

so you're telling me the 100s of reports i have submitted to customer support were ignored. sweet job blizzard.
Reply Quote
@ OP - Happy to hear it, thanks!
Edited by Devellaro#1365 on 1/15/2013 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Why not simply allow the player to block all friend requests? If someone can't even take a moment to talk to you before sending a friend request, it's not someone worth having in your friend list, anyways.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 1/15/2013 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Sixen
any outgoing friend requests from players who are reported for spamming invitations will be proactively deleted.

I'm guessing it'll be more than one report though, correct? Hopefully more than a handful? This can very easily be abused if it's not, :/.

Eh not really. How many outgoing friend requests does a normal person have at a time? If I report you for spam when you send me a friend invite... all it does is delete the friend invites you've sent to people who apparently don't want to be your friend since they haven't accepted.

I could see one or two really outlying cases where this could cause a problem, but... it's unlikely to be a real issue in the long run.
Reply Quote
Wow that was quick.
Reply Quote
CAPTCHA. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Bloodbringer

I'm guessing it'll be more than one report though, correct? Hopefully more than a handful? This can very easily be abused if it's not, :/.

Holy hell you gear is horrible for an "MVP". You learn by playing many hours.

Dont be a DB
Reply Quote
Thanks for looking into this, it is really starting to kill my gaming experiance
Reply Quote
actually, ever since I changed my name I never got those AHGold.com invites ever again... those invites from players with "ihiWI3kdQ5" or something similar user names.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Lylirra
I'm super hesitant to provide that information (given that those details could be used to abuse the system), but suffice it to say that there are checks and balances in place. Simply reporting another player for Friend Invitation spam does not mean that all their invitations will suddenly disappear.

How about if you (Blizzard) notice that a friend request has a URL in the invite you ban the account that sends it. Ban the damn CC that purchased that account from purchasing more licenses. /problem solved.
Reply Quote
Thank you for doing something about this, but it has been happening to me for over two months. I'm not quitting over it, but I think you guys need to hear and understand how irritating it was reporting spam invites on a daily basis for TWO MONTHS and seeing Blizzard do nothing about a very clear TOS violation. A week or two is understandable, I don't believe it took you two months to find a solution. I'm angrier that it took two months to become a priority.

01/17/2013 04:44 AMPosted by ArmyofBono
How about if you (Blizzard) notice that a friend request has a URL in the invite you ban the account that sends it. Ban the damn CC that purchased that account from purchasing more licenses. /problem solved.

URL censoring does nothing, the spammers will just evade the censor. Censors will never stop those who are doing illegal activities. It definitely hasn't stopped Horde and Alliance players from insulting each other across the language barrier. Also, they aren't purchasing licenses, they're stealing them. Several of my friends and I were getting hacked until we got authenticators. Blizzard can't cover for you making your password easy to obtain.
Edited by TheBaron#1158 on 1/17/2013 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Why is it so hard to put in Offline mode, or have a option to check saying i dont want any friend requests. You guys make this harder then what it should be
Reply Quote
Amazingly done, I have stopped receiving spam friend requests!
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
To that end, going forward any outgoing friend requests from players who are reported for spamming invitations will be proactively deleted.

Finally! I just logged on after being away for months and had to spend forever getting rid of friend request spam that had been there for months.

Glad to see this implemented.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]