Diablo® III

Reducing Friend Invitation Spam

Apparently my block list is at capacity. I still receive spam requests when I log in. Usually variations of the same damn username. Are there any plans to increase the block list size?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks! I haven't had a gold friend spam request in a while
Reply Quote
it wont stop the spammers cause they are friend requesting from free accounts. No more friend request from the freebies, and delete the remaining spammers and problem solved. this has been suggested over and over again, yet ignored. I guess it would actually fix the problem and we wouldn't want that.
Reply Quote
So all those times that I have reported spam friend invites, they are just now finally going to mean something. It's kind of hard not to be angry about this. I would like an explanation of why this took SO LONG. So basically we have had the feature of "Report Spam" just to make us feel better... to make us feel like surely Blizzard is paying attention.

After experiences like this one, I will probably wait a month or two before buying newly released Blizzard games and/or expansions.

it wont stop the spammers cause they are friend requesting from free accounts. No more friend request from the freebies, and delete the remaining spammers and problem solved. this has been suggested over and over again, yet ignored. I guess it would actually fix the problem and we wouldn't want that.

Blizzard should literally do what this guy is saying. But who knows, maybe you poo poo that idea because it would mess with you earning money from people that convert from trail copies to retail copies. Doing such would just show what many people already suspect, the accountants' rule the land at Blizzard with an iron fist.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Sixen
any outgoing friend requests from players who are reported for spamming invitations will be proactively deleted.

I'm guessing it'll be more than one report though, correct? Hopefully more than a handful? This can very easily be abused if it's not, :/.

You really think this would be a problem for normal people? Seriously, who goes around friend requesting people at random? ie. with a high chance of being refused / reported as spam.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I have recently noticed a significant drop in "gold farmer" spams in my friend requests.

Thank you :-)
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Meltdown
How about a filter for outgoing friend requests that flag anything with www. Or http:// in the comment box?

This is a great idea.
Reply Quote
i rarely recieve spam friend requests..i dont think ive had one in over 5 months.. lol

but i did get a few random party invites about 3 months ago but hasnt happened since..

EDIT: the party invites wernt from people i recently played with or people on my friend list either..
Edited by DeadlyMist#1385 on 1/31/2013 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
i still get spammed by ggwansuio1#13324. i have reported this spam many times already.
Reply Quote
ggwansuio1#13324 spammed me again today!
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Omegaxmen

Can blue please do something about this? I got spammed by the same person again today.
Reply Quote
just a simple capatcha and u remove 99% of the spam.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Omegaxmen

Happened again today, declined the invitation and reported spam. I will continue to report here too as long as this is still happening. I wonder how many days I have to report before any action.
Reply Quote
how about no more than one invite per game you join (since we can see who we played with already in the list) and no more than five known battle tag invites per day. its a friend list, not an everyone i just met list.

Blizzard can do much much more to stop spam, they just wont.

Whitelist is the best way to go
Reply Quote
hi so what are we talking about
Reply Quote
View profile

ggwansuio1

Yeah, he spams me at least once a day. Common blizzard. Get on the ball.
Reply Quote
2 weeks away... 68 friend requests waiting for me.
Reply Quote
View profile

ggwansuio1

Yeah, he spams me at least once a day. Common blizzard. Get on the ball.

same here, nothing works on ggwansuio1... blocklist, report spam, harrasment.
Reply Quote
is it possible to have a block folder like they did in d2, where you can add certain words to the folder like gold, www. .com .net .org ect.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]