Diablo® III

Spent gold on PTR, disappeared on Live.

I was trying out the PTR today, and decided to see what this Archon Armor from Squirt is all about. SO I bought 2 plans: intelligence and Vitality. Cost 3m gold. I went from 4.2m to 1.2m.

No problems there.

BUT when I looked at the LIVE Client, The gold had disappeared as well. So my gold was spent on both PTR and Live :(

The armor recipes did not show up on the Live client, but the gold disappeared anyway. Help?

Below is an excerpt from chat I had with Blizz CS about this issue:
Issdemona
Something does seem to be up. It's not currently possible for your participation on the PTR to affect your characters' inventory in the live game!

Issdemona
Neither logging in to the PTR or copying characters over to it would have removed gold from your stash.

Issdemona
It's possible that someone may have accessed your account without your permission, let me take a look for that.

You
Well, I had PTR open and Live open simeultaneously. So What I think happened is the transaction went through on both :/

You
I was chatting with a friend on Live when I bought the items on PTR. I figured since it is a different program and different patch, it should be located in different pc memory.

Issdemona
Also those transactions are all done on the server, not your computer - doing something in one client should have NO way to affect the other.

You
thats what I assumed, but thats when I checked Live it was also missing.

Issdemona
? Did you receive the items in the live client as well

You
nope, checked lol.
Reply Quote
Any way of knowing a timeframe or if this has been looked into by someone other than issdemona? Cuz that 3m gold (or $0.75 currently) would be pretty helpful to me

shameless //selfbump
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
RaunchyFartB,

There's really nothing to be looked into I'm afraid, at least not in Technical Support. What you described as happening really isn't possible by the very nature of how the PTR is setup. It's not connected in any way to the retail game. What happens in one cannot affect what happens in the other. If you truly believe it's a bug, you'd need to report it in the Bug Reports forum, though they'll need reproducible steps in order to investigate.
Reply Quote
01/16/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Omrakos
RaunchyFartB

lol
Reply Quote
shoot, I clicked the wrong forum :/
Guess I shall make a new thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]