Diablo® III

Graphics card

90 Human Warlock
I created a thread last night which discussed different video cards. I'm in need of a graphics card really bad, and I'm willing to spend around $300 for it. I was wondering if anyone has/knows about any card that is around this price and performs greatly on games (especially Diablo 3). If there are any pros/cons about it, please do tell me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Go with Nvidia, latest cards i have are AMD RADEON 6990's and they blow with almost every game that came out, 600$ cards, blow.

Go with Nvidia, 600 series.

After i run these cards over with my car, i'm going to be getting some Nvidia cards, and ill never look back.
Edited by Shaunaxo#1574 on 1/15/2013 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Go with Nvidia, latest cards i have are AMD RADEON 6990's and they blow with almost every game that came out, 600$ cards, blow.

After i run these cards over with my car, i'm going to be getting some Nvidia cards, and ill never look back.

Do you think the GeForce GTX 660ti would perform well?
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Sinisoul

For D3, that card is overkill. It would be fine indeed
Reply Quote

I just picked up a 560TI and it performs pretty much flawlessly. A 660TI should be more than adequate for you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Yes, very well.

All the performances for any card your interested in, can be found on google.

Just type in (Name of the Card) Benchmarks , and it will show you a list of high graphic games it can run with its FPS.

The 660ti is a very good card as it can max out Battlefield 3 , and Metro . So, its def a good choice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Yes, very well.

All the performances for any card your interested in, can be found on google.

Just type in (Name of the Card) Benchmarks , and it will show you a list of high graphic games it can run with its FPS.

The 660ti is a very good card as it can max out Battlefield 3 , and Metro . So, its def a good choice.

I understand, I just wanted to get feedback from someone that has actually experienced it. Thanks guys.
Reply Quote
Sinisoul, What resolution do you play at and how many monitors do you use? That is a very important factor otherwise you could end up overspending.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Evga 550ti, runs D3 on high at 60-80 fps.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130629

Just spend the extra 5 and get the 2gig version
Pros - $130 - 140
-Does not need an strong psu to run on.

Cons - Fan is quite noisy under heavy load
- Has issues with shadows, to be fair.. most graphic cards do.
- Can not run all the latest games on max with a stable fps. It can how ever run BF3 on ultra in multiplayer at 30-40, which is quite playable.
Reply Quote
I assemble comuters for kicks, a hobby of mine.

For the longest time i have used Radeon HD 5870, Sapphire X supercooled and, since i had given that one to a friend, there still are very few games out there it cannot handle in 1920x1080 on max stats (at least everything i have, and now he plays lately). Nothing too demanding was played (Witcher 2, new Total War, D3, PoE, XCOM) and everything ran smooth on max settings in highest single monitor resolution.

am currently using GTX 670 ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127685&Tpk=gtx%20685 ) it is slightly ($389.00) outside of your price range but well worth it. for under $300.00 i would recommend 660. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130809
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]