Diablo® III

REND is the answer......

Diablo 3 1.07 PTR: How to deal with a monk as a barb :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqzG7NTHdo

rend + massiv ehp and regen = win :)

That was one of the most fun matches ive had.
Reply Quote
Keik was right about WDs dominating and everyone with common sense and an iq above 90 was right about barbs being trash tier. Also, you still owe me about 50m gold and a chance to take your dh on a joyride.

Acrimony, I bet you're glad you sold out before pvp hit.

Blizzard has repeatedly stated clearly that d3 is a pve game and they will not be focusing on pvp outside of scraps of meat like raw dueling. Even with damage reductions the odds do not change favorably for barbs because the core game design (ranged imbalance and resource generation) are simply too broke to ever be balanced. Though surely at least the top 1% of over-rmahed barbs are able to compete in pvp?

Kongor was getting his !@# handed to him by top 100s in WD and Monk so...

Also. Amusingly enough, barb is still viable since we can farm Mp10 the fastest for essences and recipes.

Just... not for PvP

We're not exactly trash tier if we're allowed to refresh WoTB constantly via relog. But other than that we have nothing else.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/16/2013 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Rend is the answer. FFA is a little crazy, but 1v1, Threatening Shout for DH, Ignore Pain for Monks, and Leap for WDs. Just have to survive the initial attack. With Sprint, I'm probably at 40% dodge. Juggernaut gets me to 30% CC.

DH is squishy. Just get defensives up, Sprint to the DH, Ground Stomp, Rend.

Monk is fast. Get defensives up, get a stun on him (hard part because of dodge), Rend and hit. Serenity only lasts at most 4 seconds. A Rend Lacerate will go for 5. The last second of a Skorn Rend will make them bleed hard.

WD is tough for me right now. Still trying to get a good strategy, but working on a Leap one.
Edited by TEDDY#1928 on 1/16/2013 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 1.07 PTR: How to deal with a monk as a barb :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqzG7NTHdo

rend + massiv ehp and regen = win :)

That was one of the most fun matches ive had.

LOL 1000 resist. The average barb don't have that. That build is only for the rich. As for 2000 regen, just get the HP and then use the passive that gives you 2% life regen.

In a real 1v1 match (IMO), every barb should have weapon throw, and berserker rage with 60% dodge (or 100% dmg increase) . Most matches ain't lasting over 15 seconds.

Also life on hit suddenly is going to be popular again.
Reply Quote
Anyone try Ignore Pain/Contempt for Weakness and Overpower/Crushing Advance yet? 100% Damage reduction and 67.5% reflect damage sounds good to me. I'd test it on the PTR but I have a feeling Blizzard is going to do some trickery to the dueling by the end of this.
Reply Quote
I was a throw barb and have the gear for it also on PVE, but other classes can just escape it and get around it. Use the passive and/or fury for something else.
Reply Quote
Since I won't be able to test this out for awhile, can someone try using Furious Charge with the healing rune?

Basically, this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fcQSkP!!aZbcbb

I really need to be able to access the PTR. Driving me nuts I can't download it.
Reply Quote
PTR has been down all day. Nobody can test anything.
Reply Quote
Since I won't be able to test this out for awhile, can someone try using Furious Charge with the healing rune?

I really need to be able to access the PTR. Driving me nuts I can't download it.

If for some deluded reason you want to come back i would hope its on a demon hunter and not on a gimp i mean a barb.
Reply Quote
Furious charge is choppy for me though. There are some good chargers but I've never been good at it. The 8% life back is nothing IMO. That is if you actually are able to hit a target with it. When you are done with your charge, there seems to be a little pause and you'll just get beat. WOTB has such a long cooldown. If a 1v1, very good damage, dodge, and speed, but I think if other classes are smart, they could evade it.

Lets say you have a 5 fight 1v1 match. You only get to use it 1 time. Gives you only 1 win (maybe) and you're down a skill for 4 other fights.
Reply Quote

If for some deluded reason you want to come back i would hope its on a demon hunter and not on a gimp i mean a barb.

Borrowing someone's set. It's about 240,000 DPS unbuffed (no passives), 1.4m EHP. Only downside is that I eliminated the move speed from the boots for the extra EHP.
Reply Quote
Furious charge is choppy for me though. There are some good chargers but I've never been good at it. The 8% life back is nothing IMO. That is if you actually are able to hit a target with it. When you are done with your charge, there seems to be a little pause and you'll just get beat. WOTB has such a long cooldown. If a 1v1, very good damage, dodge, and speed, but I think if other classes are smart, they could evade it.

Lets say you have a 5 fight 1v1 match. You only get to use it 1 time. Gives you only 1 win (maybe) and you're down a skill for 4 other fights.

Well, like life %, the damage % of each skill will scale the more you can stuff in damage with your gear. When Vincecomen and I were S&B back in June and July, he chastised me for using Furious Charge when we could use Ignore Pain instead. I enjoyed the two dimensional utility of Furious Charge and managed to nail down the idiosyncrasies of the skill over time. If there were buggy features to the skill, I wouldn't know of it.

So even if you can use it once in 10 seconds, that's why I have Overpower's Crushing Advance in there to add an additional layer of protection and damage.

I would never use it in Hardcore mode though. Too many risks involved if you get aggressive.

Forgot to add the passives. If you look closely, you'll see the Invigorate shout rune. Combined with Inspiring Presence, you could get locked and still have a sliver of a chance.

I really need to test this though. I know the PTR has been down all day, but I haven't had a chance to even start downloading the client thanks to some stupid error that no one seems to know about.
Reply Quote
@ acrimony

Let us know what you came up with.
Reply Quote
@ acrimony

Let us know what you came up with.

I haven't played a lot today, got some family issues that need my attention.

I will have more clarity over the next few days as I start porting more stuff over to the PTR.
Reply Quote
?
Reply Quote
Hey Anna,

I was playing with a bunch of guys last night and I had a blast playing with my Throw Barb. It's too early to determine the effectiveness of the Throw Barb's utility in dueling, but assuming one vs. one, it is incredibly effective.

Horngyuh and I were testing out our very specific specs and I came up with this for myself:

Throw - Mighty Throw
Rend - Lacerate <--- becoming a must-have I think
War Cry - Impunity
Leap - Death from Above or Call of Arreat
Battle Rage - Into the Fray (A must unless you have -9 to throw)
Ignore Pain - Contempt for Weakness

Horngyuh had a lot more EHP than I did. I had more damage. In one-vs-one, I would dominate. In a free for all, there were some mixed results. I have also tried S&B set up with a high range mace (not the Echoing) and Horngyuh and I spent five minutes fighting -- that's not a typo, we took five minutes for one death. With my limited EHP compared to Horngyuh or Nikeboy, the damage is more important than high EHP, but EHP shouldn't be dismissed. It kept Nikeboy and Horngyuh alive to counter my attacks.

Frenzy with Smite is an EXCELLENT utility (thanks to Silentstar). Awesome all around.

Juggernaut is becoming a must-have for me. I can't play without it.

The reason issue is that I feel 'forced' to use defensive passives, even against weaker Barbarians. My dodge isn't high though. Dodge is great for eating up chunks of time when you're stunned, allowing you to avoid damage altogether, but it's hit and miss.

I can go more into detail about some of my observations last night. I had a blast. It was that much fun. I came on at midnight and the next thing I know it is 3am.
Reply Quote
Juggernaught, Unforgiving, and what else? Inspiring Presence for the life regen? After watching lots of vids, it looks like Life Regen with Inspiring Presence is excellent to have.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 10:22 AMPosted by sfxer
Juggernaught, Unforgiving, and what else? Inspiring Presence for the life regen? After watching lots of vids, it looks like Life Regen with Inspiring Presence is excellent to have.

Inspiring Presence is good, but unless you have an *enormous* amount of life -- say 100,000 as a bench mark -- it's not very useful because of two things:

1) You will already need high life-regeneration on your gear; from what I have read, between 1,000 to 2,000 per second;
2) War Cry's invigorate isn't very useful as a whole. I would rather have the higher damage mitigation from Impunity or Harden Wrath against melee classes.

I won't bunk it right now because it's the best utility in Hardcore, but for PVP dueling, I'm just not convinced.

Unforgiving is good. I like it. I would rather ditch No Escape altogether and pick up -9 resource cost to Weapon Throw. I *could* use Unforgiving, but each throw has a high percentage to crit for 14 fury if you have roughly 50-60% CC on gear. So that passive could go elsewhere.

When I went with my S&B set-up, I used Juggernaut, Tough as Nails, and Nerves of Steel. Pretty awesome. I didn't need Unforgiving because my targets were spending so much time stunned, that I was generating fury from hitting them.

Another passive that has enormous potential is Relentless. SoLiDAlvi must have freaked out a bunch of times from my being able to escape his HoTA crits.
Edited by acrimony#1561 on 1/19/2013 10:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Fizzlesprig
reflect dmg = kill all them pesky buggers and lol

yeah i was thinking next time i may try a build that includes.....

overpower crushing advance - 4 seconds of excellent dmg reduction and 35% dmg reflect even to the ranged opponents! pop it soon as a ranged opponent comes into your screen, they wont know wat hit them as their dmg gets thrown back in their face.

and

ignore pain, contempt for weakness - another excellent dmg reduction for 5 seconds as well as reflecting back 32.5% dmg back(this will probably work on ranged as well).

and finally i wonder if you see the hail of fireballs or arrows coming at you, pop BOTH and possibly stack 77% dmg back in their face. this build probably requires a solid EHP to prevent being one shotted. maybe adding leap, iron hide would help supplment your defenses. and wats nice is neither skill requires fury.
Edited by mifesto#1868 on 1/19/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
@ acrimony

Thanks so much for the info. I think I will try out what you have said. I think my barb has pretty good ehp, don't know for sure. But in any case I will try. Thanks for getting back to me.

Also could you look at my build and maybe give me some advice on what I need to do, to make my Barb better ? Thanks
Edited by Anna#1231 on 1/19/2013 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]