Diablo® III

Never geared a WD before

And have a very tight budget of about 90m

Can anyone offer some advice? I just had my WD levelled to 60.
Reply Quote
no help at all?
Reply Quote
wow...
Reply Quote
Hello Exalted and welcome to the WD community!

90M is a very decent size budget imo.

Before I start, what is your goal for your WD? Are you looking just to do higher MP? Farm lower MP?

And what is your playstyle? Because WD is a pretty diverse class, we have multiple viable builds.

Some examples: ZBears variations (most common), Zdogs (High MP, low paper dps), Proctors (Crowd Control), etc.
Reply Quote
Honestly I think I'm leaning towards pvp more than anything... and I can up my budget to like 190m if i need to
Reply Quote
Step 1, Read the following thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486?page=1

90 mil can get you a good WD. Zero-dog build is out of your price range, so the main decision you will need to make (that will impact gearing) is whether you want to go 1H/Mojo or 2H (likely a Skorn).

In my opinion, "Tier-1" stats for WD are: Int, Vit, AR, CC, CD. "Tier-2" Armor, Attack-Speed.

You will want to get your 4-piece Zuni set bonus for the mana regen. Zuni Chest and boots are pretty much a given. If you go 2H route, your final 2 Zuni pieces will be Ring and Helm. If you go 1H/OH, you will need 2 of Helm/Ring/Mojo. If you go 1H/Mojo, make sure your mojo has mana regen.

Good Luck!
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 1/18/2013 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
lol at all the people levelling WD's for PVP
Reply Quote
get out of my thread kid
Reply Quote
If you are trying to gear for pvp. I'd advise you till the patch goes live.

Currently SOJ prices for Haunt and SB are ridiculous.

A few pieces of gear that are pretty much standard, whether it's pvp or pve IMO are:

Vile Ward - High INT rolls, standard AR, Life Regen & Armor.

Other pieces are still questionable, since we don't know exactly when they will implement damage reduction into pvp.

If you REALLY want to invest now it would be:

SOJ's w/ Haunt or SB

Uhk Serpent with high Average damage + Haunt or SB.

I personally would probably be stacking Life Regen over LOH or LS. So weapon choice can vary. In PVE for WD's, attack speed is not the most sought after stat (Unless you're Zdog Spec) but in PVP I believe maximizing Attack speed would give you a upper hand. These are just assumptions since I have no tried it out myself unfortunately.
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486?page=1
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Exalted
get out of my thread kid

lolll
Reply Quote
01/18/2013 09:22 PMPosted by Antiskum
get out of my thread kid

lolll

lolllllll

And have a very tight budget of about 90m

lolllll... light?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]