Diablo® III

Tip: Death Metalworking (much cheaper)

Okay, this is probably obvious to most of you, but for those who somehow missed it, like me, you can purchase and upgrade your blacksmith (and jeweler, i guess) in Hardcore and that will count toward your 100 recipes, even if you already have the same recipe in Softcore.

I was stuck forever at around 90 recipes, as after that, they were getting very expensive. On Hardcore, once you upgrade your blacksmith, you can buy the cheaper recipes for 10-15k at this time. Even with the cost of the upgrade, that's a lot cheaper than 1-2M per recipe on SC for the last 10%.
Reply Quote
I didn't even realize it worked like that, all well I bought the last 10%.

Something of note that I found out with the last 10% though. The unique patterns give one recipe, but the green ones give multiple recipes.

I bought my last four recipes since i was 96 out of 100. I trained a legendary, then trained the green set, I got the achievement. I still had the other 2 recipes, the green one had 3 recipes from the one book.

edit: for reference the green one I trained was; Guardian's Contingency
Edited by Ziplex#1591 on 1/18/2013 7:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
TDurden, thanks for the great tip, what an awesome realization!

Ziplex and others, you are correct that the Set blacksmith plans provide more than 1 recipe when trained and this counts towards your achievement. I would note though that there are Set plans with 3 or more items in one set. Currently the cheapest ones for the most number of recipes are Asheara's (4 actual recipes once trained), as well as another of the sets that start with an "A." You can look up the number of set pieces included in a certain plan with a simple search of the interwebz.

Once again, very good tips guys.
Reply Quote
FYI: Set and legendary plan drops are increasing by 400% in 1.0.7. I wouldn't buy any of the expensive plans. Likely you will soon find them or they will become really cheap. I've only ever found 2 legendary plans so far. Blackbone and Singularity.
Reply Quote
Increasing by 400% sounds like a lot, but if the original drop rate was 0.01. The 400% increase would make it now a 0.05 chance. Just to give some perspective. :)

edit: 0.01 = 1%, 0.05 = 5%
Edited by Ziplex#1591 on 1/23/2013 7:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Okay, this is probably obvious to most of you, but for those who somehow missed it, like me, you can purchase and upgrade your blacksmith (and jeweler, i guess) in Hardcore and that will count toward your 100 recipes, even if you already have the same recipe in Softcore.

I was stuck forever at around 90 recipes, as after that, they were getting very expensive. On Hardcore, once you upgrade your blacksmith, you can buy the cheaper recipes for 10-15k at this time. Even with the cost of the upgrade, that's a lot cheaper than 1-2M per recipe on SC for the last 10%.

Oh,.... my.... god.... what a retard i am, thank you for sharing this with us, i was in the same position...... wouldnt you have mentioned it it would probably never have crossed my mind, thank you
Reply Quote
Great tip, I would have never thought it worked this way and I just started a HC character too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]