Diablo® III

Need EF advice

Str in EF is a must. Never overlooked it.
Reply Quote
From what I can see, EF with OS, CD, and Strength in my budget is only about 950 DPS
Reply Quote
View profile
01/10/2013 05:21 PMPosted by PapaCrusher
From what I can see, EF with OS, CD, and Strength in my budget is only about 950 DPS

plug this in to d3rawr and compare it to an 800 dps ef, like my OH. Of course, if you are gearing for PvP, for which we have zero information, maybe it will be worth it.
Reply Quote
Unless u can get one like macimus said, 1050dps socket + cd. But i dun tink its very possible unless you are very lucky. And dont bother to get those 950dps one.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/10/2013 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Phat, unless I'm doing something wrong ( which is 100% possible) the 950 one gives me like 9000 more dps.

Horn, you have me confused

@macsimum

1050dps?? You should study AH more.
1250dps probably possible.

then your last posts say getting one is not possible and to not overlook strength........

I appreciate all the advice, but I feel like I'm back where I started....lol

edit: I have no desire whatsoever to participate in PVP
Edited by PapaCrusher#1449 on 1/10/2013 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
The dps i said has socket no cd base. Take a look at mine. Those with cd one is veryvery expensive even at 1000dps.

Then dun really bother to get something like mine. Heed phatphos advice. You can probably get half the whole set regeared with 200mil.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/10/2013 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
@papacrusher - if you look closely he's commenting on one I mentioned that had no native crit damage, just 1050 DPS and a socket.
If you add extra CD the price goes up heaps. If you look at mine it has no native CD but has almost 1250 DPS and a socket + reasonable APS and was just under 200mil. Add the CD to one with similar other stats and you're looking at double the price.. I got a reasonable deal on mine as it would be extra solid in a dw combo with a sword or something in my OH, but still makes a pretty massive tDPS difference over my old EF that had about 900 DPS

The conclusion we've come to is to either get one with low damage, i.e. around 850 or to get one with very high damage, i.e. 1200+. Theres not much point getting one in between those two amounts as you can't really use one with DPS lower than 1200 or so as a main hand weap in other builds due to the high APS and low damage range. But like Phat said, there's only a small tDPS return on one that has 1K DPS compared to what you get for one with only 850 DPS.

Any EF from 850 dps to 1050 dps will make a similar sheet dps difference of around 9K (the change you mentioned) because the extra APS it gives you over your sickle will still add substantially to your MH damage.

Does that make sense?
Reply Quote
Macimus and Horn, I am much clearer now. Either way, if I go with the high dps or the low dps, do I need native crit?

Again thanks for taking so much time and having patience with an old man...lol
Reply Quote
@papa

I rather get the LS then native crit in the echo. Then on the MH, i can concentrate on native crit, bigbig damage, socket and str. Its more cost efficient this way.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/10/2013 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Phat, unless I'm doing something wrong ( which is 100% possible) the 950 one gives me like 9000 more dps.

Nothing wrong, just looking at the wrong number. Paper dps is a terrible approximation of in game dps for double tornado builds. It's based on dps for autoattacking, not all the tornados that sprint generates.

As to the 1200dps EF issue, I would never pay the required price to use that as an OH. Even if it had the same stats as my OH, I would only see a 5% tdps boost. I can only guess what a 1200 EF with str/socket/crit would cost. Around a billion? Of course, Hota builds would love this kind of OH but budgets often dictate build flexibility.
Reply Quote
@PhatPhoEater - How much was yours? I've never had one with similar stats so I'm not sure how much they go for to be honest.

You should be able to get one with similar stats to his for 200mil and the extra 50% or so CD will make a difference more than an extra 100 DPS would I would imagine.

if you go to d3rawr.com, just enter one with the same stats as Phat's in place of your sickle and see how much of a difference the extra 50% cd makes. From what I can see, having the extra 50% increases your tDPS by about 60K which is roughly 9% total. Pretty helpful
Reply Quote
01/10/2013 06:01 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater

Nothing wrong, just looking at the wrong number. Paper dps is a terrible approximation of in game dps for double tornado builds. It's based on dps for autoattacking, not all the tornados that sprint generates.

As to the 1200dps EF issue, I would never pay the required price to use that as an OH. Even if it had the same stats as my OH, I would only see a 5% tdps boost. I can only guess what a 1200 EF with str/socket/crit would cost. Around a billion? Of course, Hota builds would love this kind of OH but budgets often dictate build flexibility.

They start at about 650 mil. I was lookcing the other day when I bought the one I've got now. Even having a minimum roll of native CD increases the value by a factor of 3.5+
Reply Quote
That is what I was coming up with also. I am going to go with a lower DPS, socket, native CD. Next it will be time to upgrade the rest so get your typing fingers ready to go. So much education from you guys, I can't thank you guys enough.
Reply Quote
if you are using WW, just simply find a cd + socket + 0.23+ aps + str one, high dps is not necessary.
The reason why need 0.23+ aps is to at least reach the attack speed bp of 2.5+ for ww after wotb with only 4 +9 attack speed gears, just check my profile for details. For +0.22 aps, u will need 36+ ias to boost to 2.5+ after wotb

p.s. I bought mine for 180m long time ago.
Edited by MightyLuis#3976 on 1/10/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/10/2013 05:21 PMPosted by PapaCrusher

Paying more for a higher dps EF isn't going to be a cost effective way to get more dps. You're better off just getting solid stats (130+ str, native CD, OS, .24-.25 APS bonus).

You might consider just getting an LS/socket EF and then getting a 1h mace without LS for your MH, you can easily gain a lot of dmg range over your mainhand now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]