Diablo® III

Loving my DH.

So I've tried both the barbarian and DH (see my profile) and I have to say I'm loving my DH more, barbs are strong but they get really boring fast. Also, they lack the speed and coolness factor of the DH.

As we all know, my barb can do higher MPs/Ubers easily with fairly decent gear (as compared to DH), and with the incoming 1.07 patch I am afraid of parting my hard earned accumulated wealth to upgrade my DH, because god knows what tweaks and changes Blizzard would do to the game.

I am also fairly active in PvP (in D2) and most probably will in D3 so I'm kinda torn between both classes. Anyone else feeling the same?
Reply Quote
thats hilarious, cause I just did the same thing. Although my Barb isnt the biggest beast or anything I started the Dh and am loving it. I got a lucky drop with the Barb with this sweet Manticore bow and since last night when I got to 60 with my DH, Ive been having a blast with. The main difference that I noticed was how quickly you can get through the game. My friend beat act 1 with an intro Barb last night after about 3-4 hours. I beat Inferno with my DH in like 45-50 mins. The vaulting is huge. After watching the youtube vid of the person killing inferno MP10 with the DH and the Monk and getting something like 120 million exp I had to try it and so far It seems like the DH could be the right way to go.
Reply Quote
I started with a barb, too, and fairly quickly decided to move on. Glad I did! I started a wizard after my DH was underway, and while it was fun, the DH kept calling me back. Great char, imo.
Reply Quote
Started with a DH. Then when para came along I settled on and stuck to my DH for leveling. You can get through anything much faster. He's pretty beefed up now (see profile) the only thing still holding me back is RD but that will be fixed in 1.07 thank god...

I just use ball lightning for the large crowds of regular demons and use hungering arrow to quickly widdle down the higher HP and Elite packs. Nothing like 150% weapon dmg plus 70% additional for each pass through :)...
Reply Quote
I played Barb, Monk, and mainly DH and actually like all three of them. I like DH by far the most for leveling, and farming low MP. However, barb just feels better in mid MP, and monk was fun at high MP.

I'll probably keep DH as my "main" since it is the character I player first (including clearing inferno week 1), and also the character I ended up playing in HC. However, I'll probably try and gear up my barb better as well since mid-high MP is fun at times, but feels tacky doing it on my DH.
Reply Quote
wanna have even more fun? drop the manticore for a windforce or calamity. the increased attack speed while kiting makes DH alot more fun than standing, gloom and firing.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:10 AMPosted by hmk21
wanna have even more fun? drop the manticore for a windforce or calamity. the increased attack speed while kiting makes DH alot more fun than standing, gloom and firing.

This is purely personal preference. Some people prefer million+ crit while others like nonstop NS proc from ias, no need to pick a side. You kite just as much on manti.
Edited by Cyon#1808 on 1/11/2013 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
I love my barb for ubers and mid-level farming. But he's hit a bit of a dead end. Millions don't go as far as they used to. So I've bounced around on characters. Wiz is carpal tunnel. Monk I just couldn't get that in to. So I'm back to a DH I started awhile ago. I can't seem to fall completely in love. I feel squishy and can't figure out what my problem is... Maybe it's bc I came from a Barb?
Reply Quote
I have one of every character but I always find myself going back to DH for fun. Monk as well, to a lesser extent. Barb for me is just mindless farming machine LOL.
Reply Quote
01/11/2013 10:10 AMPosted by hmk21

My manti was a drop and it has serve me well from para 1-61 :)

I am indeed planning to upgrade to a good Calamity but it's hella expensive so I'm thinking twice. I might also intend to sell my barb gear (worth quite a bit, ward and lacuni, both self found) to upgrade my DH but like you know, barbs might be owning PvP or whatever new content it is in 1.07.

I guess I'm keeping on to my stuff till 1.07 PTR hits.
Reply Quote
YES! I LOVE MY DH TOO.
Reply Quote
ive played 419 hours on barbarian, and it got so boring my insanity deleted the character.
I love demon hunter more too.
Reply Quote
So I decided to swap my manticore for a calamity i sniped off the ah for fairly cheap, and am not regretting it. Calamity is awesome, despite the lower dps, the attack speed is insaneeee.

Managed to also sniped off a 30% elite, hungering arrow Soj, pretty sure it'll be useful for ubers and PvP (players are considered elite).
Edited by fathom#6674 on 1/14/2013 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've got a well-geared Barb and DH and have a lot of time under both characters. They are equally great, in their own ways - one is melee and one is range.
Reply Quote
you should compare calamity/wf to a sped up manti. it's still slower but playable.

think DH was my third character. Monk-Wiz-DH-WD-Barb in that order. I loved playing sorc in D2 but after realizing that first wiz is an extremely slow character and second I couldn't get a build working that uses something other than CM or Archon (was back in 1.0.3) I gave up and switched to DH.
Never regretted it, DH feels more like sorc than the wiz ever did. Fast, fragile and fun ;)
Reply Quote
you should compare calamity/wf to a sped up manti. it's still slower but playable.

think DH was my third character. Monk-Wiz-DH-WD-Barb in that order. I loved playing sorc in D2 but after realizing that first wiz is an extremely slow character and second I couldn't get a build working that uses something other than CM or Archon (was back in 1.0.3) I gave up and switched to DH.
Never regretted it, DH feels more like sorc than the wiz ever did. Fast, fragile and fun ;)

You need to spend tons of gold to achieve a calamity attack speed though, I'll rather just use a Calamity than go through all that trouble.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]