Diablo® III

Error 73 (1/12/2013)

so who wants to play on europe or asia server?
Reply Quote
"Dear community,
We are still experiencing problems with the authentication server. We are working on it, but unfortunately it is not resolved yet. Best case scenario, you should be able to log in within an hour. Worst case scenario, it will not be fixed until Monday morning. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience."

I typed that just to see how long it would take to give us any sort of update. It only took 1 minute and 19 seconds to type. How hard is it to give an update to a problem that you said you'd give updates to?

You had my hopes up that we were actually getting an update to what the hell is going on. Today is my one free day for a week and I was looking forward to spending a day relaxing and playing... I got kicked from an uber boss run this morning with Error 3006 and haven't been able to log in since. It has been more than five hours now, and this is kind of getting me mad. It is alternating between Errors 3006 and 73. An update would be very much appreciated from someone on Blizzard's end, as I paid for this game and enjoy being able to play it.

I am going to be honest and say that your customer service is severely lacking, Blizzard. I know it is Saturday, but for the love of all things good and green, give me some information on why I am unable to play on my day off.

If it actually IS resolved within the hour, you will have my kudos and my thanks... Lets make something happen.

Regards from New York,
Ryan
Reply Quote
same problem for hours here too.... WTF!?

i just want to play single player, how do i login to the euro servers?
Reply Quote
81 Undead Mage
Im still unable to log in, been trying since around 12. Wtf!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If it makes you feel any better, I was actually playing, midgame, in a fight, when I was suddenly disconnected with "battle.net service unavailable", and then couldn't get BACK on. That was nearly 6 hours ago now.
Reply Quote
I didn't play this game for several months. I started playing again yesterday, and was really looking forward to continue playing today... </3
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Well,just tried to login again to the Americas and still got an Error 73.

Thanks Reebsify,haven't seen Battlestar Galactica in about 6 mons...I'll try back again in about an hour
Reply Quote
bliz please update us!!! not asking much!!!
Reply Quote
Still error 73 ... thats awesome, one day off in a week, finally got some time of my kids and wife and .... Blizzard .... cant even address the issue properly...
Reply Quote
81 Undead Mage
01/12/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Grazdak
If it makes you feel any better, I was actually playing, midgame, in a fight, when I was suddenly disconnected with "battle.net service unavailable", and then couldn't get BACK on. That was nearly 6 hours ago now.

wow, no. But im sorry, that really sucks. I just got it yesterday, and just started playing. i got hooked and now this.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Grazdak

Statements like this make me so weary to play my hardcore characters. Which is why my highest is level 33. I rarely play it during the day and particularly on weekends in case servers have issues. So far I have avoided death but I know it will happen no matter how careful and slow I am in gearing appropriately....all due to a network issue with Blizzard's servers.

We should be able to play hardcore offline to be honest. Something needs to change.
Reply Quote
81 Undead Mage
Statements like this make me so weary to play my hardcore characters. Which is why my highest is level 33. I rarely play it during the day and particularly on weekends in case servers have issues. So far I have avoided death but I know it will happen no matter how careful and slow I am in gearing appropriately....all due to a network issue with Blizzard's servers.

We should be able to play hardcore offline to be honest. Something needs to change.

I completely agree, we never had issues with the old diablo, dont get me wrong the new one is great but they should make a choice to make it online and offline.
Reply Quote
i GUESS i can keep spamming login attempts, but that seems about as useful as hitting my PC with a brick.......
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Reebsify
Well,guess I'll go back and see what's on netflix....bbl ya'll

Battlestar Galactica if you haven't watched it already!
Dude, been through both BSGs, Farscape, and Lexx. Our corporate masters need to put more entertaining SciFi on NetFlix!
Reply Quote
Unsure if this helps blizz at all.
If I have remember authenticator on in bnet security options, then I get error 73 mostly and some 3006.
If I make it ask for authenticator on every login attempt then I seemed to only get error 3006, 3005 but never 73...

In the D3Debug.text it's just hanging on:
BnetService::SelectAvailableGameAccountEvent waiting for more presence, timeElapsed=x...

It found the game accounts associated to bnet account.
It is failing to select the game account.
How about looking into it blizzard?
Reply Quote
I've been tryng for over 5 hours..... hey Blizzard, have you ever thouht of a backup system for crap like this
Edited by Acehole88#1967 on 1/12/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
you got that right Brendan,decided to go back and watch season 1 of The Walking dead. Best damn zombie show in 20 yrs
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
01/12/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Rufina
they should make a choice to make it online and offline

Edit: Just like most of you I've been tryin' to log back in since 9 AM est this morning. I made sure I didn't have plans today to try and power level paragon levels with a buddy of mine, and we both got kicked off -_- Too bad my raid tonight isn't till 8 to give me something else to do.

*peers outside and hisses* Nope. Sun is too bright for me to go out.
Edited by Acarnis#1944 on 1/12/2013 1:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
No, backups cost a lot. This doesn't cost much comparatively.
Reply Quote
What are you people doing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]