Diablo® III

East coast ping sucks

I know people are having issues today so I'll start by saying this has been an issue for me for the past 5+ months. During the day I get about 111ms but around primetime i get about 200+ with spikes to 500+ with a huge delay. Obviously I was thinking ISP problem but no other game lags. Even wow I login to a East coast server and get 30ms, GW2, Aion, Tera all pings under 50. Diablo 3 200+. My friend who plays from Arizona gets 30ms. I've reset router ran speed tests everything on my end is fine. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions?
Edited by Hevi#1602 on 1/12/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am really mad about this. I too have this problem but my connection tests great(0% packet loss, low ping, high up/down speed) and have no other problems in any games. I am furious at the poor performance of this game's mandatory online aspect.

latency spikes up to 2000!?!?!?!?!?!?! Come on! This is unacceptable.
Reply Quote
After experiencing horrible latency these last couple days, I thought that it was just me. I'm really happy to see that I'm not the only one having this problem. I used to be able to play on the highest settings, but now I'm barely able to play on the lowest settings. Even then, the delays make the game basically impossible to play.

Like you guys, I'm not having any connection issues with other games. My speed test is normal, and my in game settings are now the lowest that they can go. I fail to see how this would be an issue on my end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]