Diablo® III

Would someone build me a CM/WW gear set?

That's looking a lot better. If you can, I think you'd still benefit from a bit more AR and armor, but only because you're pretty close to being able to run SNS pretty effectively. Also, your CC is still a bit lower than the ideal 50cc, but you're not horrible by any means. You can probably easily do key runs and uber runs on MP7. :)
Reply Quote
Do you think I should use pinpoint barrier for now? Or just stick with prismatic? I guess I should just test both and see what works better.

I'm just unsure of where I can pick up more all res and armor without dumping too much money.
Edited by Megatog#1713 on 1/21/2013 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
lose the vit on your viles for 150-200+ strg / int

or

armor over vit on TR armor

or

AR on non-nats ring

the main EHP hole thou is your lacunis ( 252 naked ias/cc )
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Comrade
the main EHP hole thou is your lacunis ( 252 naked ias/cc )

Yeah I bought the lacuni's because I was running low on funds when I first geared the wiz. And a naked crit lacuni's is like 5 mil. I got them with the phys resist because I was initially running archon. I'm looking to find a pair with at least some vit on them, but maybe I can go for str for armor? or all res? the only problem is I'm not swimming in gold at the moment.

On a side note I'm not sure I wanna lose too much more life, as I'm sitting at 35k right now.
Edited by Megatog#1713 on 1/21/2013 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
a cm/ww with less than 40k hp? what dark sorcery is this? @_@

how ya doing, op?
Reply Quote
I'm doing good actually, just trying to get my EHP up a little more. Some of the wizards I've seen in here are as low as 30k. I'm liking sitting at 35k hp, or 300k EHP with prismatic armor, but I would like to get away from pris armor if I can. Hence the more EHP I'm scrounging for.

If I drop vit on my shoulders for more int and 200 armor i actually drop down to 275 EHP so I wont be going that route.
Edited by Megatog#1713 on 1/21/2013 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
maybe the vit dropping is natural since you're on a limited budget and how it would easily soar once you got the gold going. still, the one with low hp are probably archons. i cannot vouch for cm/ww or cm/sns with low vit coz i seriously cannot do how they do it if ever they do run cm/ww-sns with low vit
Reply Quote
Like I said, I'm gonna be sticking at 35k. I'm currently only doing mp5-6 key's/ubers, so I don't know that I'll be hurt to bad. I'm currently in the hunt for some cheap crit/vit lacuni's seeing as they may be cheaper than trying to get int, all res, or strength/armor.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Megatog
If I drop vit on my shoulders for more int and 200 armor i actually drop down to 275 EHP so I wont be going that route.

01/21/2013 07:24 PMPosted by pichapiegal
cm/ww with less than 40k hp? what dark sorcery is this? @_@

The way Shell,Loh and CM interacts goes against the classical EHP computations

500k EHP low mitigation high hp setup is not better then a slim 30k hp 300k EHP high mitigation setup

HP is 'inflated' for computation of Std EHP because of CM/shell/Loh's interaction with mitigation

30-39k is a luxury. More wiggle room.
Reply Quote
pichapiegal: I do just fine myself with life that's sub-40k with SNS. Most of my career as a CM/WW wizard, I've been at ~30k life. The only time I've really needed 40k life is for MP9-10 ubers (Leoric/Madgha specifically). And I recall Aimless bragging awhile back about laughing at barbs in MP10 with his 30k vitality. Though I believe he's increased his life, since then. Like Comrade said, interactions with Diamond Skin make it so that Armor/All Resist are a ton more important than vitality, since we effectively have a very refreshable life pool.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/21/2013 7:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
yeah i only increased my hp to over 35k once i started to start messin about in mp9 and 10

30k hp is more than enough upto mp7, its even doable in mp9 and 10 but u leave urself very little room for mistakes
Reply Quote
interesting. i could never find myself comfortable using cm/ww-sns with lower than 40k. i dunno maybe something with my gear that gave me 47k hp and i never looked back. funny how im 34k hp in archon, 37k hp in meteor, and 47k hp in cm/ww-sns.

01/21/2013 07:39 PMPosted by TekkZero
The only time I've really needed 40k life is for MP9-10 ubers (Leoric/Madgha specifically).

ugh i really hate them but they're pretty easy once you figured out how they tick. i do want to try meteor on them though
Reply Quote
So then should I indeed go for the 200 int and 200 str vile wards with no vit on them? Like I said, it 'lowers' my EHP because of the vit loss, but if I will actually benefit from it then I will. I just want to get away from using pris armor, so I can use pinpoint or force. Or even start making moves towards SNS.

Edit: there are some on the ah for 6.2m gold, 214 int, 201 str, 640 armor, 72 all res
Edited by Megatog#1713 on 1/21/2013 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
can you get your armor elsewhere, op? you can go 200 int 100 str and some vit on your vile ward but budget wise, 200 str/int is cheap. iirc they're like 20-30m tops.

i'll check on your profile
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Megatog
Edit: there are some on the ah for 6.2m gold, 214 int, 201 str, 640 armor, 72 all res

for that price, it's a steal imo. how much time left?
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:05 PMPosted by pichapiegal
for that price, it's a steal imo. how much time left?

Thats buyout lol
Reply Quote
dat anti-rd bt pants. how much did ya get for that? sexy pants

your vile ward is pretty decent imo. love the vit on that.

ok ok so you want to use pinpoint for more cc but if you think about it, switching your stormcrow for a cc one, (4.5 cc sc is cheap now) you'll cover that deficit and still use prismatic. that is if paragon isn't your main thing as of the moment.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Megatog
Thats buyout lol

i know it is but still i want to know how much time left since it's a good price and yet people are not buying it. iirc str/int aren't much sought after since people are all for main stat/vit on vilewards.

you'd be surprised just how much str based vilewards are frowned upon. it's like a curse to have barb stuff or something.
Reply Quote
Got the pants for 9 mil :)

I may go for the crit chance and lose the life% gem, because at this moment I am only running keys and ubers. If I farm xp at all I switch to archon which I have a different set for.
Reply Quote
i know it is but still i want to know how much time left since it's a good price and yet people are not buying it. iirc str/int aren't much sought after since people are all for main stat/vit on vilewards.

you'd be surprised just how much str based vilewards are frowned upon. it's like a curse to have barb stuff or something.

Crap, I jumped the gun and bought them. They had 8 hours left >.<.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]