Diablo® III

getting stunned to death in pvp..

Do we have any legit build to do simular? Because barbs just throw axes to me and stun me, and monks stun me and i cant brake it. Stun lasts till i die which takes about 3-5sec.

wot the crap is this?
Reply Quote
your best best is to use frost nova to freeze them and hope that your freeze lasts longer than their stun.
Reply Quote
get more dodge.. and stuff like unstable anomaly.. I've killed people POST DEATH. (yes, I died but they got hit by 4 starpacts thereafter or the still on going blizzard lols..)

oh. and don't get hit.. lol. kite builds are great. just leave a hydra and blizzard and storm armor and play keepaway..
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/15/2013 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Dang... I thought CM Wiz are going to be the CC kings of PVP...
Reply Quote
not one bit since we have a rev up.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm gonna try a variant of Aimless' no windup build as soon as I get home.
Reply Quote
View profile
the ll meteor build, doesnt work as almost everyone has 24 ms
Reply Quote
Yeah CM/WW wiz is not very good. I've had very limited success with it. The biggest issue with CM/WW wiz is not Frost Nova per sey, but rather than you have only one shot at it and it's difficult to bring down the cooldowns. My monk on the other hand was just completely owning with Sledge Fist + Butcher's Sickle (break stun with serenity and sleezing Fist of Thunder to close distance).
Reply Quote
What about mirror image with stun rune? Think that might be a good skill to try out?

I have no interest in pvp, but the theory crafting is always fun. :)
Reply Quote
For the record. Wizards are OP in PVP. I was downing the best of monks just now. I'll share my build later. But you guys can probably use your brain and figure it out. Just ask urself what u wouldnt want to fight against.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 09:40 PMPosted by James1v12
For the record. Wizards are OP in PVP. I was downing the best of monks just now. I'll share my build later. But you guys can probably use your brain and figure it out. Just ask urself what u wouldnt want to fight against.

Archon will get you wins for 15 seconds, and then you wait 2 minutes to duel again.. if thats what your saying
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 1/15/2013 10:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
U would have to be an idiot to run archon in pvp....so no.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 10:22 PMPosted by James1v12
U would have to be an idiot to run archon in pvp....so no.

so you're the only wizard on the PTR that is face rolling monks? I gotta see this.
Reply Quote
01/15/2013 09:40 PMPosted by James1v12

storm armor
hydra
illusionist
mirror image
unstable anomaly
Reply Quote
Seeker Missile
Wormhole/Fracture Teleport
Duplicant Mirror Images
Stretch Time
Crystal Diamond Skin
Storm Armor - Scramble or Thunderstorm
+ Illusionist, Temporal Flux, Unstable Anomaly

Works like a charm for the majority of situations.

Mirror Images can tank monk Seven-Sided Strike and can tank a few DH Strafe hits; but most importantly, breaks impairing effects. Teleport is especially necessary to escape monk Wave of Light and barb Ancient Spear. Stretch Time is phenomenal for harassing with Seeker Missile and also to stop chasers. Diamond Skin is self-explanatory. Storm Armor is perhaps one of the most OP abilities in PvP.

Illusionist is a must. Temporal Flux is insane with Seeker Missile. Unstable Anomaly is more useful than you think.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/15/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
isn't blizzard better than slow time (cos of cd)
Reply Quote
Yes, you can control where to land Blizz, Slow time sucks really. No way to reset that cooldown.
Reply Quote
getting hit will reset it via illusionist, its pretty awsome vs ranged like other wizzy or dh useless vs mellee, then wof is much better choice.

i just love the lightning hydra that with thundertorm gets u so many kills while u can concentrate on staying alive, ill ditch ds for it anytime.
Reply Quote
Seeker Missile
Wormhole/Fracture Teleport
Duplicant Mirror Images
Stretch Time
Crystal Diamond Skin
Storm Armor - Scramble or Thunderstorm
+ Illusionist, Temporal Flux, Unstable Anomaly

Works like a charm for the majority of situations.

Mirror Images can tank monk Seven-Sided Strike and can tank a few DH Strafe hits; but most importantly, breaks impairing effects. Teleport is especially necessary to escape monk Wave of Light and barb Ancient Spear. Stretch Time is phenomenal for harassing with Seeker Missile and also to stop chasers. Diamond Skin is self-explanatory. Storm Armor is perhaps one of the most OP abilities in PvP.

Illusionist is a must. Temporal Flux is insane with Seeker Missile. Unstable Anomaly is more useful than you think.

been having good results with same setup but changing ds for lightning hydra
Reply Quote
Why stretch time when you can use Time Shell?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]