Diablo® III

New gems ?

Anyone have any information on the new gem recipes or stats ?
Reply Quote
A new tier of account-bound gems of has been added to the game: Marquise
Marquise Gems stats are as follows:

Marquise Emerald
Weapon: Increased Critical Hit Damage by 110%
Helm: +33% Extra Gold from Monsters
Armor: +62 Dexterity

Marquise Topaz
Weapon: Melee attackers take 2200 per hit
Helm: 33% Better chance of finding magical items
Armor: +62 Intelligence

Marquise Amethyst
Weapon: Each Hit adds +700 Life
Helm: +19% Life
Armor: +62 Vitality

Marquise Ruby
Weapon: +150 Minimum and +150 Maximum Damage
Helm: Increases Bonus Experience by 33%
Armor: +62 Strength

These gems can only be created at the Jeweler and will require the following reagents:
3 Radiant Star Gems
20 million gold
1 Demonic Essence

Un-socketing Marquise gems will cost 5 million gold
The designs for the Marquise gems will drop randomly from all level 63 monsters
Note: The designs are not account-bound
Edited by Jane#1803 on 1/16/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is a joke.

Apparently the mathematicians over at Blizzard are unaware of the definition of the word exponential.

3 Radiant Gems (25m each, 75m+20m crafting fee 95 million gold for one of the following ?!?:
a. Four more of a stat
b. 1% more health
c. 10% more CD
d. 3% bonus EXP or MF
e. 100 more LoH.

Are you kidding me ?!?

A good joke.
Reply Quote
View profile
Yup I am imagining they will be changing some of the mechanics with the new gems. If they don't the only real value I would see would be EVENTUALLY getting a Marquise Emerald for the weapon. An additional 10% CD is hard to pass up... but the rest would stay Radiant Stars for me.

I believe people have commented on this in the PTR Feedback.
Reply Quote
The upgrades for all gems look minor, except ruby.

Currently radiant weapon socket is +20 min +20 max, but ruby marquise will be +150 min +150max. That is a huge jump. Is that right? Won't everyone just swap out emeralds for rubies?
Reply Quote
Lets see what the difference is.
My WD is currently carrying a skorn with a Radiant Star Emerald.

With the current price of Radiant Star Gems, a marquise will be round 100mil gold

If I replace that gem with a ruby marquise, my dps will have a +820 increase
If I replace that gem with a Emerald marquise, my dps will have a +1977 increase

I got the result above from dps calculator (http://www.d3rawr.com/d)

Does it worth it? you are the judge.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 1/17/2013 6:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
Looked at d3up tonight to see what the new ruby would do to my wd.. According to simulation it will add almost 14k damage. Whether it is worth 100m is another question and I really with they would have buffed the lesser socketed rubies as well but we will see when it goes live what is really the case.

It helps out more if you have a "black" damage weapon, specifically ones with a +xx% roll on it. People who use Skorns should also see a decent increase. MCK users prob not as much as a lot of that damage is poison.
Reply Quote
this whole thing is simply a gold sink, because too many people were complaining about needing one. 5m to unsocket, and small increases. any real changes to gems wont come till expansion probably
Reply Quote
yea.... the only people wanting a gold sink is the people selling gold ;P Gold sinks increase the value of gold meaning it sells for more RL money.
Reply Quote
My two cents.

Just play the game and have fun.

For me I will stay with 100 crit vs 110 crit. Far more interested in the new Amulet from the jeweler.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]