Diablo® III

Unlimited Money... What to buy?

wiz the most expensive class in game by far, and your dps wont even match others.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Un1ver5e
How the hell do you "buy" Stravinsky? LOL

Maybe he meant Stradivarius?

hah yeah I did, I wrote strad and picked the wrong autocorrect

Actually man if I could use RMAH I would. I waste a lot of time grinding. Very unproductive time. I'm only 17 but make $600 some weekends doing yardwork for ppl. I sure ppl make a lot more. Anyway - in 1200 hours I've made about $600 in warez. huge time waster IMO and very inefficiency. RMAH are the smart ppl. Even if you make minimum wage RMAH is better.

Diablo is a game about killing lots of stuff, but the problem is that once you have killed all the stuff, the game is over. Loot is the only thing that makes it more than 20 hour game. (well Paragon does add a significant endgame, but still it has an end, loot doesn't, and ultimately Paragon is also about LOOT.)

So in a game where the WHOLE GAME is about getting loot, you have a choice. You can buy loot (paying not to play) or you can grind loot(playing the only part of the game that has no end).

I mean, comparing paper dolls on the internet is a very popular game. Mommy blogs, scrap book clubs, diabloprogress, the sims, zwinky, farmville, etc are all that same game. I am not interested in that kind of game. I am interested in turning on my brain when I don't play to try to think of cool tricks and theorycrafts, then turning my brain off while I play so that I can dominate thousands of monsters and have a quick thrill every time I see a pillar of light.

After I got my first 10m gold drop, I stopped listing auctions for stuff worth less than 100k. If I had 10 billion visa gold why would I even care about killing mobs at all? I have effectively shut down the only part of the game that is a video game.

I make a decent amount of money, and if the point of the game was to dress up paper dolls, I could afford to have a much more impressive one, but the point of the game is to kill mobs for xp, cash, and prizes.

People are welcome to play whatever game they want, but if you skip the loot (90% of the game) then you try to skip the math and research (90% of heroscore hoaring) then my mind just shuts down and cannot comprehend what the hell you are trying to accomplish.
Reply Quote
Gonna hi-jack this thread for a sec.

I also have a decent stockpile of gold (not anywhere close to 34B or whatever ridiculous number op has) and looking for Trifecta Duncraig Cross like Shandlar's. Anyone willing to sell, msg me in game and hopefully we can work something out.

ok carry on.
Edited by PuddingHead#1779 on 1/17/2013 8:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
I dont know whether serious or not.

First you said you had 2b, then you have 35b?

Anyway, if serious, I give you thorough advice about WIZARD gear, I even buy the stuff from AH for you, everything you need.

My fee would be 2b, this includes everything and as said I will buy all the gear as well. Seeing that you claim you have almost 35b the 2b fee should be nothing. That is a serious offer by the way.

Since you want MP10, there is no way around SNS, so I would buy top-of-the-top SNS gear. With unlimited funds this shouldn't be a problem.
Edited by Flexyana#1496 on 1/17/2013 8:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
it's a troll thread
Reply Quote
View profile
Shaggy interesting point but only applies to me until point I was satisfactorily face rolling. That was a long time ago. Now? Only thing that keeps me interested is testing and new builds. The gear hunt i'm not into what so ever. Price/performance is horrendous at the tippy top so totally goes against my grain being a ferengi cheap skake. I'm siting on 1b and refuse to make incremental upgrade for min gains.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/17/2013 8:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ok.

One last try.

This is my capital.

This is how much gold I have:

34,271,461,381 = thirty-four billion two hundred seventy-one million, four hundred sixty-one thousand, three hundred eighty-one gold = unlimited expense

WHAT

DO

I

Buy?

YOU

ARE

AN

Idiot.

you are poor
Reply Quote
View profile
Add me bro. I've built plenty. Will message u references in game. I charge 10%.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Aimless
Add me bro. I've built plenty. Will message u references in game. I charge 10%.

Take this offer, Mr. Jangles. I can sincerely vouch for Aimless, he helped building a lot of wizards, and for 10% his services are well worth it.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Aimless
I charge 10%.

on the monk forum we dont charge anything. greedy wizards...
Reply Quote
I also have a decent stockpile of gold (not anywhere close to 34B or whatever ridiculous number op has) and looking for Trifecta Duncraig Cross like Shandlar's. Anyone willing to sell, msg me in game and hopefully we can work something out.

ok carry on.

me too. I'm also looking for Tri Cross. I got no gold but I got Visa, MasterCard, Amex. msg me in game and we can also work something out.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 08:57 AMPosted by MrBoJangles
you are poor

Cute. See: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592202587?page=3#42
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nate-6464/hero/25190233

Click on the link. Look at the items. Simple.
Reply Quote
i smelled bulll!@#$ also when this went from 2B to some random number north of 34B.

if real, i think this guy should just buyout eric -- seems they'd get along famously :P
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
You can use about half your...... 34 billion gold....... to up to my wizard.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/17/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
i could use a 50m
Reply Quote
Someone please gives me 5M :( thank you !
Reply Quote
View profile
01/17/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Tarzan
I charge 10%.

on the monk forum we dont charge anything. greedy wizards...

maybe for a garbage set. half the stuff I'd have to source cos it not even on AH. Basically a days work. Monks are dumb if they work a day for free.
Reply Quote
01/17/2013 06:22 AMPosted by yodatoy
don't bother trying to sell him anything substandard; he's a pro at high end stuff.

Is there such thing as "pro" diablo III player? How to define a "pro" diablo III player? I guess you are when it comes down to tracking down the best possible gears? But how do they even locate those items? and I guess they have to use $$ to do it right or has to be the best flipper? Grinding won't get you that far I don't think.

I wanted to ask you. Why would you even consider spending $$ on a single gear for 100's or even 1000's? I mean ultimately these are just rare items with some stats and numbers. But is it worth spending 100's of dollars or even 1000's dollar worth of gold for what? Isn't it better to buy a new iPad or a new computer or a new camera or something substantial instead of on some item that you sort of have just in the internet world?

Just wondering after I reached my max when it came to my gearing because my next gearing will be into billions and even if I can probably afford it, do I really want to? What do I get out of after let say I'm geared with number 1 item. So people can look at my character and say, "wow"?

Please share your honest thoughts.

Hi Yodatoy

My reference to pro was with regards to him procuring high end stuff and the usage was meant to imply a certain level of expertise. You are right, there could be another meaning to pro (eg. a pro poker player) where a person does something as a profession but that wasn't my intended reference.

I can't speak for others, but I would use DP to look for items I like and then try to contact the owners to see if I can offer something for a trade. There's some AH watching as well. And also people who add me in game to offer things or from those on my friend list.

This is just my perspective. At this stage of my life, I can afford only 2 hours a day playing D3 if at all although I do read the forums during lunch. I have a pretty intensive desk-bound job but it pays well enough for me set aside a certain amount on this game. This helped me to get started and be able to trade for things to compensate on my inability to spend hours to flip or to grind. After a certain level, I have not had to buy anymore gold. So where others might spend the cash on an iPad/computer/wakeboard/car, I spend it here. This is very much a matter of personal preference and perspective on what one could get for what is spent. Where I come from, the license to own a new car which runs 10 years (excluding the cost of the car) would cost USD 75k and a private apartment (say a condominium apartment 500 sq feet in size) would cost on average USD 400k.

Lastly, there are games to play where I don't bother accumulating or improving gear. But there are others where I want to be able to gear as best I possibly can to handle the hardest situations. I enjoy playing Wiz and I enjoy the CM playstyle because there are so many different ways to gear and it's a delicate process to get a good balance. I like the challenge. It's not so much a WOW thing for me but I can imagine it is for others.

Is it foolish? Perhaps. Will the cashing out returns be poor? Almost certainly. But so far in the game, am I happy when playing and trying to trade for something better? Yup. Am I willing to pay for the experience? So far Yup. ^^

It all stems from why one would play the game and what he/she wants to derive from it and what the investment cost is for that person. It holds true for other interests/hobbies.

Those are my honest thoughts. Cheerio.
Reply Quote
Charlatan, thanks for sharing your thought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]