Diablo® III

@CM Lylirra Question?

(Locked)

So with Jay moving on to a new project and leaving the D3 team. What doe's that imply for D3 as a whole will it be considered done? Just kinda wondering. Granted we all have had our disagreements where it should have and have not went the community as a whole. Just kinda curious cause it seems like the game might be in a state of flux for awhile...

I only ask you because you seem to be the most prominent on the D3 forums.
Edited by Sorsha#1578 on 1/17/2013 4:41 PM PST
Just like any other game, I'm sure there is a whole pipeline of development that will be ready to be worked on once 1.07 launches.
Hopefully Just seems like once the captain leaves the rest of the ship goes with it. As much as i might not have agreed with some of the design decisions doesn't mean i think he should have left or let go. More or less whats done is done i know they still have 1.07 but what about after?
01/17/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Gardrell
Inb4 locked thread. Sorry Sorsha.

It's alright i didn't mean this as a troll post or anything i just was kinda wondering after reading jay's forum post it actually gave me more questions then it answered..
01/17/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Sorsha
Hopefully Just seems like once the captain leaves the rest of the ship goes with it. As much as i might not have agreed with some of the design decisions doesn't mean i think he should have left or let go. More or less whats done is done i know they still have 1.07 but what about after?

Like I said. They more than likely have a whole pipeline of development in the works. A little bit here, and a little bit there on everything.

Once 1.07 is given the greenlight for live servers, they will begin work on 1.08. Game development is a never ending cycle :)

Also, there is the work on the expansion that is going on.
Community Manager
01/17/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Sorsha
What doe's that imply for D3 as a whole will it be considered done?

I think Jay covered that point quite nicely in his message:

01/17/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Jay Wilson
The first thing I want to assure you all is that this will not negatively impact our ongoing support of Diablo III. The game was not made by one person, far from it, and the team that poured their passion and considerable talent into it isn't going anywhere. We have lots of things planned for the future, and those plans will carry forward as normal. I also won't be abandoning the team, and will remain available to them during the transition period while we determine who will take over duties as game director.

The team structure isn't changing, and we'll be moving forward with development per usual. Jay will also be transitioning out of his role (not outright leaving), which means he'll still be a resource until a new Game Director is found and had the chance to acclimate. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 1/17/2013 4:48 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]