Diablo® III

Frequent Network Disconnects booted from game

Phenx,i have the same issues,as soon as i switch to my tempest rush build,i notice frequent disconects at least once an hour.

I have 2 comps witch run diablo 3,my son plays his Sorc on his, no issues whatsover,i play my monk i have no issues, untill as i stated before,i switch to the tempest build.Mind you the Comps are next to each other.
Reply Quote
Why can't we get a response?
Reply Quote
bump - I am having the same issue and it's making the game unplayable
Reply Quote
Same problem, really annoying when trying to farm keys for the infernal macine and I have my 5 stacks and then get the d/c and have to do it all over again.
Reply Quote
I've been getting intermittent periods of high latency for the past week or so, but it usually goes back to normal after a few seconds. But this weekend it sounds like I'm experiencing the same issue you guys are reporting, high latency then a disconnect.

There's also an lag issue that might be related. The game shows my latency around 100ms, but there's a noticeable 0.5 - 1 second delay between hitting a skill key and the effect. This happens in about half the games I play. I can usually quit and make a new game a couple times until I get one without the lag.
Reply Quote
One other thing I noticed about how you can tell is to hit ESC during a single player game when your fighting a group of monsters. If there's no lag the action instantly stops. If there's lag you'll see the stuff continue to move for a bit after the game menu pops up then stops.
Reply Quote
Same here, got booted twice today.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Nate
One other thing I noticed about how you can tell is to hit ESC during a single player game when your fighting a group of monsters. If there's no lag the action instantly stops. If there's lag you'll see the stuff continue to move for a bit after the game menu pops up then stops.

Every time I get DC'd there is little to no lag. The only place I am guaranteed to have any kind of FPS drop is on Rakkis, but that's a rampant problem for almost everyone playing this game. My latency NEVER goes above 100ms and I always get booted in the middle of normal smooth play. It's as if Blizz's server side just decides to pull the plug on me for no apparent reason.
Reply Quote
same here and they say that the problem is my network connection but when i have the dc my net is working very good the problem is that they do not have a clue how to solve this and they just say that is the connection fault
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 04:02 AMPosted by sanete
same here and they say that the problem is my network connection but when i have the dc my net is working very good the problem is that they do not have a clue how to solve this and they just say that is the connection fault

It is definitely NOT a connection fault on my end. The only time I ever lose connection on any device/game/internet based client in my home is when I completely lose service with my ISP, which is very seldom, and I receive a text to notify me of a service outage.

This has to be on the Blizz end of things, or some obscure buried option in my network card/adapter (like the uncheck offloads solution for rubberbanding).

PLEASE give us a fix
Reply Quote
Same thing happening here. I've never had any connection issues in the past. Started playing again last week after a couple month break and I've been getting a slew of lag spikes and random disconnects at least once an hour. Lag spikes typically seem to come at the convenient time of starting a fight with a pack of elites -_-

I receive no error codes, just a boot to the char select screen while maintaining connection to battlenet, just like mentioned above.

Not experiencing this problem in any other online game.
Reply Quote
i have this been happening to me for awhile now.

please fix, thanks
Reply Quote
I am getting this as well. They told me I was running to many programs. I just uninstalled everything that run in the back ground. Its even worse now. This company is messed up.
Reply Quote
Same issue here...
Reply Quote
I'm getting the same thing... i'll play for a bit and out of the blue im looking at the main menu with out any error code of any kind.. hmmm

Another thing i've noticed is that the AH is freaking DOG SLOW!!! and i really mean dog slow.

Yo People At Blizzard PLEASE TAKE A LOOK TO WHAT IS GOING ON AND PLEASE FIX IT.

THANK YOU.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5141954192?page=20#388

The issue is related to AT&T Data Center issues. It's happening widespread to lots of people, mainly on Diablo 3, but some people on certain servers in wow are experiencing high latency as well as disconnects.

I recommend making a support ticket with a pathping and traceroute (Links are provided on my post in the thread listed above if you are not familiar with how to do so). Explaining that you are having the disconnection issues and never have had them in the past, and that it's likely related to what i mentioned.

I had constant dialogue with Blizzard for a 4 day period until one of their reps was able to connect the dots with my pathping.
Edited by SkinlikeWntr#1674 on 1/29/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
I also opened a ticket, so far they claim it's not AT&T, something on my end >_<? Working through it now, I'll post any results I find.
Reply Quote
Ticket Response:(TL;DR @bottom)
Greetings! My name is Mason and I am an Account and Technical Services representative for Blizzard Entertainment. I have gone over your inquiry and I have some steps that I would like for you to attempt in order to resolve this.

- Update Everything (Always a good first check before anything else is done. As I can't see the network drivers latest update from your MSINFO, this is something I would highely suggest.)

Be sure you have the latest video, sound, network card and motherboard drivers. More information on identifying your video and sound driver versions can be found at:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21137

Also make sure you have all the available updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

- Close out Background Applications

A program running on your machine could be causing issues. Please try closing all non-Windows-critical applications, as explained on our support site: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21052

There are various firewall applications which have been known to cause isntall/patch issues; specifically ZoneAlarm and McAfee Firewall. Please open the appropriate ports through your firewall to allow Diablo III to work correctly. You can find more information on how to do so here: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21015

- Refresh your Battle.net folder

1. Go into your Computer.
2. Click on Organize [Should be at the top left corner of your window.]
3. Go to [Folder and Search Options]
4. Click on 'View' tab.
5. Under 'Hidden Files and Folders' - Check 'Show hidden files and folders'.
6. Now in your C:/ Drive you should see a folder labeled 'Program Data'.
7. Go into Program Data and delete the folder named 'Battle.net'. [It seems to corrupt the DL].

Also if you cannot find the ProgramData folder, type in
C:\ProgramData\Battle.net after showing your hidden files for the filepath, and it should bring it up.

- Set Windows to Default

Please open up Internet Explorer and make sure that "Work Offline" is not checked, and that Internet Explorer has normal access to the internet. Our downloader uses the default Windows settings, which Internet Explorer also uses.

You may also need to double check your proxy settings for Internet Explorer. This can be done by launching that browser, choosing "Tools" then "Internet Options". From there, go to the "Connections" tab and click the "LAN Settings" button. Look for a checkbox labeled "Automatically detect settings." If it is clear, check it. If it was checked, clear it.

Once these steps have been taken, Go into your Diablo III folder once more and run your launcher as Administrator.

Let me know how this works out for you.

I do apologize that I could not resolve the issue directly, but I wish you the best of luck in the continued support over the issue. If none of the information that you received from the link solves any question or concern please do not hesitate to continue your support ticket! I definitely appreciate you taking the time to contact us!

Sincerely,

Mason L.
Account & Technical Services Department
Blizzard Entertainment
<https://us.battle.net/support/en/>

TL;DR
pretty much the basic reset everything, double check updates, open firewall ports. I added the ports on my fire wall just for !@#$s n giggles, if that was the issue I would have been getting DC's since the launch almost a year ago. I followed the deleting hidden bnet data and reloaded it through the client as admin. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if anything changes (which I doubt it will).
Reply Quote
Having the same issue. The last 2 weeks intermittent lag spikes. usual193MS rockets to over 1k and back down again. Sometimes the duration is brief but otherwise for a few minutes.

This results in a rubber band where the hero is either standing there waiving the arms casting spells but no abilities are cast. everything else is in suspended animation. Suddenly everything rapidly plays out and the hero is dead.

The past few days, all my deaths were caused by this
Reply Quote
Having the same issue. The last 2 weeks intermittent lag spikes. usual193MS rockets to over 1k and back down again. Sometimes the duration is brief but otherwise for a few minutes.

This results in a rubber band where the hero is either standing there waiving the arms casting spells but no abilities are cast. everything else is in suspended animation. Suddenly everything rapidly plays out and the hero is dead.

The past few days, all my deaths were caused by this

That sounds like normal lag for using a wireless connection or DSL. When I'm visiting family their connection is DSL and the same exact thing happens. Not much you can do about a slow internet connection.

That is not the problem described in the OP at all.
Follow these directions for "Network Cards" resetting the UI probably wouldn't hurt either.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/disconnects-or-game-crashing-when-you-turn-in-a-quest-pc
I realize the title of that support page doesn't match your description, but I followed the same directions for my rubberbanding issue and the checksum offload solution fixed the problem.
Edited by runit3#1931 on 1/30/2013 11:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]