Diablo® III

"Punch Diablo" Achievement

Ok, in the past I tried to get this one in many ways but thought it was bugged. The way to do it is easy

1-If you in Elective mode on, open your skill windows and drag out your left click so you see the "sword" icon (normal attack)

2-Unequip sword / shield just in case

3-Attack Diablo....should work, did for me

Enjoy
Reply Quote
No need to do anything other than un-equip your weapon, and then attack Diablo.

Then re-equip your weapon.

Simple as that.
Reply Quote
you can even do this when diablo is dead with corpse on ground but you can still damage him.

absolutely zero risk for this 'achievement'
Reply Quote
Gratz?
Reply Quote
No need to do anything other than un-equip your weapon, and then attack Diablo.

Then re-equip your weapon.

Simple as that.

I tried that in the past (in SC) multiple times and it never worked. Maybe it was bugged at the time soI tried to apply the "Rakanishu Blade on Bashiok method" for that Diablo achievement
Reply Quote
Start fight with Diablo.

Run to corner of the map away from him.

Put your weapon in your pack.

Run up and attack him in melee range.

Score the achievement.

Run back and equip weapon.

Finish him off.

Worked for me.
Reply Quote
Cool, then I must have done something wrong in the past

I should try also the "kill Diablo without healing globes and/or pots"

I guess a ranged attack would be the best guess
Reply Quote
Cool, then I must have done something wrong in the past

I have all the boss achievements and from what i recall about this one - it does NOT work if you have any +life items or abilities being used. Anything that heals you - life steal, life on hit, life regen from anything will invalidate your attempt.

Might be best to do it on softcore if this is uncomfortable.

You don't NEED range though, done it on my sc barb back in the day. Just be precise.
Edited by pTTr#1911 on 1/5/2013 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile

01/05/2013 04:55 PMPosted by pTTr
I have all the boss achievements and from what i recall about this one - it does NOT work if you have any +life items or abilities being used. Anything that heals you - life steal, life on hit, life regen from anything will invalidate your attempt.

This achievement is in the Known Issues list. You need to do it twice to get credit. (See the note about "Self Sufficient").

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438018

Galx

Edit: Minor typo
Edited by Galx#1555 on 1/5/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just tried this several times, not successful until I did as Muzlan said and switched to normal attack, then I got it on the first hit.
Reply Quote
03/05/2013 08:40 PMPosted by smeby85
Just tried this several times, not successful until I did as Muzlan said and switched to normal attack, then I got it on the first hit.

agreed. I got this earlier tonight for the first time even though I'd tried unequipping in the past. Changed my primary attack, and while it was on cooldown for the switch I punched the corpse no problemos.
Reply Quote
I went through all of normal on a fresh character without putting a skill on my right click to punch Diablo right in her smug ovaries.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]