Diablo® III

Perhaps it's only me who realised this...

I farmed pretty much 10 hours each day on mp 2, killed whole assassin vault in 5 min and then redo and redo and redo. I got tired...FAST! a week later I wanted to puke on the game.

Then I tried something else, I actually increased the mp to a lvl where it actually became challenging. The hours past by, suddenly i realised it was night time :( store was closed. I had played, played and played without stop. The fun never died. Then I realised something.

If I dont aim on earning money, just getting it because while I have fun then the game suddenly became ALLOT more fun.

Perhaps its only me or perhaps it works for others aswell.

P.S Archon build = THE MOST BOORING BUILD EVER! can just go back playing Torchlight 2 with that...
Edited by Neon#1709 on 1/4/2013 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
"When I play the game for fun, it's more fun!"
You can't really argue with that logic. I agree.
Reply Quote
Yup, I also prefer playing on a higher MP, finding just the right balance. It may not be as fast or as efficient, but I couldn`t care less.
Reply Quote
I don't prefer playing on higher MP. I do enjoy running through entire acts with 4 people who are able to clear rooms in seconds, however.

The only time I increase my MP level is when I want keys.

But you're right. A lot of people seem to have lost sight of what makes a game a game.
Reply Quote
I think people get caught up into the whole "I am not making money or I cant find anything worth crap to sell or use". That they forget the whole reason they are playing the game. Just to have fun. Of course theres nothing funner than making money but why not just try somthing different or more difficult to overcome.
Reply Quote
View profile
You can't really argue with that logic. I agree.

Definitely. Especially when players seem to play the game as if it were some kind of job, and then make posts on the forums like they're in some kind of union and think they're entitled to dental.
Reply Quote
If you can learn to ignore the fact that Diablo3's loot sucks then its fun.

That is how I read OP's post.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/4/2013 10:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Game needs an option to just turn off loot drops altogether.
Reply Quote
If you can learn to ignore the fact that Diablo3's loot sucks then its fun.

That is how I read OP's post.

Then you have not understood, I get good loot on my runs, but my post was about, ignore to rush, just have fun and let loot comes when it come, like the old days.
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Neon
I get good loot on my runs

Really?
Reply Quote
i like my low mp just fine. facemelting everything in sight with acidic vomit never gets old :)
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Chillaxin
I get good loot on my runs

Really?

Why is a DH with 290k damage complaining about not having good loot?
Reply Quote

I kind of understand what you mean but I fail to accept that that's the proper way you put it in word.

I would say "It's normal when I play the game for fun." Or, I would say "It's abnormal to play a game not for fun."
Reply Quote
I already noticed a long time ago with D3 then when I just run through with the purpose of slaughtering, even upping the MP to more difficult settings, I have more fun because it is being a challenge. Sometimes I have fun running easier levels just for the purpose of laying the hordes to waste in a flash, and other times set it to where I'm getting killed a lot.

It really don't matter to me about loot drops. If I find something good that I can use, I use it. If its not good, I just sell it to get rid of it. I do get a lot of good loot drops no matter what setting I put it on.

I play to have fun, not to make gold nor Real Money. My purpose, just to slaughter the hordes of Hell and possibly get slaughtered myself in the process. I lose a lot of track of time like that, but I'm enjoying the process.
Reply Quote
I had pretty much the same thing as you OP except I got bored anyway.

I played for a couple hours earlier without any expectation of good loot and I was not disappointed. I found absolutely nothing worth more than 5k on the AH when I did price check.

I smashed some monsters and made a bit of gold and then I logged off to play my other game that actually drops loot.

I won't lie smashing monsters was fun but I still didn't feel rewarded for my time invested.

D3 looks like it will be the game I turn to when my other game is in maintenance to burn up an hour or 2. It saddens me really.
Reply Quote

Really?

Each piece of gear I'm wearing is more expensive than any item I've looted or even all my close friends have looted.

Proof:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7414951880?page=1

That doesn't happen in any other online rpg.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/4/2013 11:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Each piece of gear I'm wearing is more expensive than any item I've looted or even all my close friends have looted.

Proof:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7414951880?page=1

That doesn't happen in any other online rpg.

Happened to me in D2. Never found an ownage circlet or crafted a godly amulet. Never found the runes myself to all those HOTO's and enigmas. Never even found an arachnid sash or soj (hard to believe huh? but i sure did get a lot of dwarf stars and raven frosts). I never whined about it though. I just farmed and traded till i could get all those. Don't see how that's different now.
Edited by Deadtomato#1466 on 1/4/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Deadtomato
Happened to me in D2.

In diablo3 none of the items i've looted is worth a single item i'm wearing.

In diablo2, items i've looted could be traded for 2-3 items i plan on wearing. I don't know what your problem was.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/4/2013 11:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]