Diablo® III

Perhaps it's only me who realised this...

Happened to me in D2.

In diablo3 none of the items i've looted is worth a single item i'm wearing.

In diablo2, items i've looted could be traded for 2-3 items i plan on wearing. I don't know what your problem was.

But your combined wealth could net you the gear you have. Just like the combined wealth I was able to farm could net me the items I listed that you seem to have not addressed. The best thing I ever looted myself was a shako. That couldn't even get you one high rune when they were massed duped.
Edited by Deadtomato#1466 on 1/5/2013 12:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 11:58 PMPosted by Deadtomato
But your combined wealth could net you the gear you have.

All the items I've looted combined cannot net me the gear i'm wearing.

My point is, the gear I loot is worth like 1/100th of the value of the gear I want to wear. This doesn't happen in other online RPG's.

In other RPG's I could find a rare armor, sell it and use that gold to get the armor I want to wear. This concept will almost never happen in Diablo 3.

In Diablo 3, i have to trade the value of the top 20 items I've looted in the past 7 months just to get 1 item i want.

This makes the loot feel very unrewarding.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/5/2013 12:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Every time i meet a reflect dmg elite it reminds me of a huge list of bugs this game has. Bugs are ok, but to have them for half a year reflects the quality of the game. Working as intended ?
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Chillaxin

My point is, the gear I loot is worth like 1/100th of the value of the gear I want to wear. This doesn't happen in other online RPG's.

In other RPG's I could find a rare armor, sell it and use that gold to get the armor I want to wear. This concept will almost never happen in Diablo 3.

In Diablo 3, i have to trade the value of the top 20 items I've looted in the past 7 months just to get 1 item i want.

could not agree more with this.
Reply Quote

Look at your profile on diabloprogress, you are in the top 0.01% maybe even 0.001%. There are only a few items which are strict upgrades for your character some of which are either in very short supply (cost hundreds of millions at least) or haven't dropped yet. There is literally nothing to upgrade on your DH in a reasonable amount of time. You've done it - nearly perfected a character. Just be realistic.
Edited by Elexar#2219 on 1/5/2013 12:42 AM PST
Reply Quote

So you used the RMAH to flesh out your character? Then of course you don't feel rewarded. You just skipped a whole lot of steps. It usually took me a whole ladder season to completely fill out a character that I wanted to. Of course I could have just bought a 2 skill 20 fcr 20 dex 20 str 3x resist circlet and amulet right off the bat from a shady site if i really wanted to. Then i'd be in the same boat as you.
Edited by Deadtomato#1466 on 1/5/2013 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 12:41 AMPosted by Elexar
Look at your profile on diabloprogress, you are in the top 0.01% maybe even 0.001%. There are only a few items which are strict upgrades for your character some of which are either in very short supply (cost hundreds of millions at least) or haven't dropped yet. There is literally nothing to upgrade on your DH in a reasonable amount of time. You've done it - nearly perfected a character. Just be realistic.

My point still stands that looting items and fighting monsters didn't get me wealth or even close to it. Where in other games, looting items and killing monsters is a great way to aqcuire.... well... LOOT.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/5/2013 12:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Ender
Look at it from a different perspective. Your gear is already worth a significant value, so anything considered an upgrade would be worth exponentially more. The game wasn't designed around finding the "BiS" items and there are plenty of people still striving for DPS like yours.

I'm not asking to find an upgrade for my character. I'm asking for a loot system that has more than 0.01% of items you find somehow be useful to someone out there.

As it stands now, 99.9% of the items you find is an upgrade for no one, can't be used in crafting, can't be upgraded, can't be modified, and is generally useless to everyone.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/5/2013 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
I feel you, and because i think the same, i created a thread about increasing the rewards of higher MP levels.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199402854

A highlight (only the second part of the qoute is my comment):

11/29/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Nocturnal
What we didn’t want to do, however, is make players feel like they absolutely needed to play at the higher MP levels in order to get the best rewards.

This is all well and fine, but the reality is that you absolutely need to play at the lower MP levels in order to get the best rewards.

It seems to be counterintuitive to what rewarding gameplay is, as written in this thread:

01/04/2013 11:14 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
"When I play the game for fun, it's more fun!"

I kind of understand what you mean but I fail to accept that that's the proper way you put it in word.

I would say "It's normal when I play the game for fun." Or, I would say "It's abnormal to play a game not for fun."

It also only makes sense that the greatest rewards are where the greatest challenge is found, and not the other way around. What sense is there in that?

I wonder, have the devs ever asked themselves that and accepted the conclusion?
Edited by Nocturnal#2168 on 1/5/2013 1:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 12:47 AMPosted by Chillaxin
My point still stands that looting items and fighting monsters didn't get me wealth or even close to it. Where in other games, looting items and killing monsters is a great way to aqcuire.... well... LOOT.
You are getting loot all the time, usable loot even. It is just worse than what you have and what you want. Essentially, what you dislike is the fact that there is a massive variance among individual items when it comes to their value - one item can increase your dps by 30% or ehp by 20% while another one does literally nothing and is worse than lvl10 blue vendor gear. This creates this massive price disparity between good and great items. In ARPGs where it is easy to get great gear this variance is a lot smaller but at the same time your power level is capped at a lower value (relative to average).
Edited by Elexar#2219 on 1/5/2013 1:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
I enjoy switching it up.
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 01:05 AMPosted by Elexar
You are getting loot all the time, usable loot even.

No, you don't get it. 99.9% of the items found are vendored, salvaged, or not picked up. But yes, 1 out of a thousand items i find sells for more than 100k.

As I said before, I don't expect to find upgrades. However, I do expect to find items that can be used, traded, or sold. but in Diablo 3, 99.9% of the time i find complete trash, as in useless to everyone.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/5/2013 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
if you arent playing for fun, you should prolly take a break from the game. The game isn't gunna get much more fun than it is now.
Edited by november1093#1906 on 1/5/2013 1:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/05/2013 01:34 AMPosted by Chillaxin
No, you don't get it.
The other way around. Let me reiterate - you don't like the fact that some items are much better than others and thus in a few dozen hours it is not really feasible to trade your way to these items by selling average loot. You dislike the variance in item power because that is ultimately what allows for this situation to occur.
Edited by Elexar#2219 on 1/5/2013 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
No, you don't get it.
The other way around. Let me reiterate - you don't like the fact that some items are much better than others and thus in a few dozen hours it is not really feasible to trade your way to these items by selling average loot. You dislike the variance in item power because that is ultimately what allows for this situation to occur.

No, I don't like the fact that 99.9% of the stuff i find is useless to everyone.

I don't care If I don't get more powerful but identifying 1,000 rares in a row that have no use to anyone is frustrating. At least give me the ability to combine 3 amulets to re-roll one like I have in other games. What causes this is lack of item sinks, transmutation, upgrade system, or anything of the sorts. They created no use for the items that are not going to be equipped.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/5/2013 5:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
hahaha, all i do is farm mp 7-10....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]