Diablo® III

Echoing Fury Offhand why?

SRS question is the reason the Echoing Fury should go offhand is because it still gives your MH the APS?

Coming from HC to figuring it all out TX
Reply Quote
that and for ww barbs, it'll proc fear less so you wont have to chase down mobs.
Reply Quote
That fear is super annoying, especially for WW/nado barbs. Offhanding it makes it so your nados won't proc the fear.
Reply Quote
The biggest reason WW barbs use Echoing Fury is for the +APS bonus. The bonus applies to both weapons, so it's more cost effective to buy an EF with good stats and OK dps + a good MH than to spend a LOT of money on getting a high dps EF for the mainhand.

Also, the fear proc.
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Hanhan
That fear is super annoying, especially for WW/nado barbs. Offhanding it makes it so your nados won't proc the fear.

fear will still proc
Reply Quote
Yes but the fear only procs from ww not RLTW. At least as far as I can tell
Reply Quote
Well as I understand biggest reason to even have an echoing fury is the APS. The reason it is usually preferred in the offhand is probably first and foremost to minimize the fear proc. After that, a high AVERAGE DAMAGE (note not DPS) mainhand is preferred because tornado damage range is based off of the mainhand AVERAGE DAMAGE (note not DPS) and usually echoing fury with high average damage and good stats is very very expensive.

For example my mainhand has 860 average damage and it only cost me 45m. An echoing fury with >860 average damage and even >70 CD with socket does not even show up on the auction house (so if it does exist it would be in the billions). Since I cannot afford that echoing fury and I still want to benefit from the APS I got a LS echoing fury to function as my offhand and a high AVERAGE DAMAGE mainhand so it benefits from the APS, effectively being the same as a high AVERAGE DAMAGE echoing fury with similar stats minus the increased fear procs off of tornados.
Edited by EMChamp#1274 on 1/6/2013 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
So echo fury's +aps applies to both weapons? Does that mean a 1.20ark spd will become 1.40 by using EF with it?
Reply Quote
01/06/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Bosink
So echo fury's +aps applies to both weapons? Does that mean a 1.20ark spd will become 1.40 by using EF with it?

Well 1.41 cause .21APS is the lowest roll :) But yes. The added APS is already figured into EFs weapon speed.
Reply Quote
It really does make a huge difference. I'm not going to lie though... fear is super annoying.
Reply Quote
I use echoing Fury as a mainhand and have cold SoJ it counter acts the fear proc is just badass in general for ww build.
Reply Quote
I use EF in offhand for aps. My dps stays the same in either spot i put it in but the added .24 aps in offhand is somthing that you cant say no to. That equals more crit hits and tornado ticks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]