Diablo® III

Fragment of destiny + the Oculus build help

Hello
note that i have a Oculus with +10% spectral blade damage that combined with Fragment of destiny bring me to 31% of spectral blade damage.

what do you think of this build? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQgYPk!Wgd!YaZYYc any suggestion on how i could improve it?

Thanks a lot!
Reply Quote
what's your aspd/cc/cd? how much apoc you got? do you have +%elemental damages?
Reply Quote
Attack per second 1.60; critical hit chance 45.50%; critical hit damage +50%; only 9 arcane power for crit (i guess). Fire and frost damage + 18%; lightning damage +23%. total damage 20k.
Edited by Orion#2591 on 1/9/2013 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
would be too slow for spec blade to work. have you been doing well with this build? what benefits are you getting from using fragment of destiny?
Reply Quote
You don't need attack speed to get spectral blade working. Hell, I run spectral blade on like 1.23 APS.

If anything, it works better cos having slow, heavy attacks means I kill a whole mob in one swipe instead of having to take a second slash.

But I wouldn't use fragment of destiny, it sucks. +21% spectral blade damage, but does like half the damage of a typical black weapon so actually does LESS damage with spectral blade and MUCH less damage with other spells.

I suggest to get an item with "Adds X% to Cold Damage", so the spectral blade procs the Cold Blooded, so you can change the meteor rune to something that does more damage, since the meteor takes a while to land so the blade will hit first.

I wouldn't bother with Frost Nova. Spectral blade proc rate is too crap now to be using spells with cooldowns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]