Diablo® III

Rate the monk above you, Part II

@ Elysium I'd try and get a shoulder with Vit instead of the 7% Life. I'm pretty certain that any Vit around 60 would give more return and the shoulders would likely be less expensive. I'm not sure when +% Life surpasses raw Vit but I've traded out a +12% for 70 Vit and gained around 2k HP. Take that with a grain of salt I'm still new and reading these forums like mad to get educated. The obvious upgrades would be your gems too. Sorry I'm not experienced enough to give more than that.

I spent right at 30 Million on my Monk in the last few days. It's kind of a mish mosh I know but I was following the excellent threads on gearing up and one in particular that had stages of gear goals. I went with that so as to be able to finish Inferno and then farm more than just blues and yellows for merchant fodder gold. I gained 2 paragon levels just farming gold for my gear heh. I'm an older player so I tend to have more patience than you whipper snappers :D My sheet doesn't show my build correctly. I've been trying to run with the min/max build TR folks love but it's a bit too "button-happy" for my reflexes. I use an Air Ally who does a nice job with my Templar of picking up strays I run through. I also have the extended use wind so I don't have to baby sit keeping it up. I guess keep that in mind with any suggestions please :D You know how you know I'm old? WALL OF TEXT ... sorry.
@Nintova - I actually bought those shoulders yesterday and swapped them out with my Vile Wards that had 70 or so vit. I did the math before the purchase, and you're correct, I lost a few hundred life. BUT, I gained resistance and DPS and maybe most importantly, got rid of the awful looking Vile Wards. I was really tired of running around with huge horns coming out of my shoulders.

I also purchased those new rare shoulders for under 3m, and immediately sold my Vile Wards for 6m.

Thanks for the input though, it was spot on.
Rate me please
@Sly

You have waaayy too much vit on your weapons, it makes your totally dependant on them for HP, so you will be unable to find upgrades on them.

I suggest you get high Vit versions of Inna chest (rolls up to 300), and pants (up to 200), but it wont be cheap.

Also upgrade your Inna's helm please, that Int roll is really wasted, get a double resist version to offset the lost of resist from your Inna's chest/pants after you upgrade those.

Rest of the gear is fine, just get superior versions once you have the gold.
thanks
7/9
del
Edited by Dragonslayer#6447 on 1/24/2013 11:10 AM PST
View profile
01/24/2013 10:15 AMPosted by clovisn
7/9

@Clov

Solid setup with your Shens but looks like you may need a bit more LOH besides what on your OH ring.

8/10 Keep up the good work

01/24/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Dragonslayer
anybody want to rate my monk ??? well i am still looking for my natalya ring, got my natalya shoe, got a question, i am thinking of change eq, going for full CHC, full att speed, weapon no change what do u guys think ?????

@Dragonslayer

No rating as you failed to follow the threads purpose.
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 1/24/2013 10:54 AM PST
View profile
oh i am really sorry about it, casue i am not sure what to say as i think everybody is gd and cool, just thought i can have someone giving me some idea of making my monk better

@Dragonslayer

Don't get me wrong, not trying to be a dbag but it sucks for Clovisn cause you didn't rate him and you want to be rated yourself. I'm sure you have some input for him as you both use Shen setups and are familiar with its pros and cons and you're running around ~115K DPS so I am sure whatever you say will help out.

That being said your life is way to low 28K you have decent adequate sustain, cc and cd with solid Resists using OWE. Inna's set is excellent if you want to use SW while using a heavy Spriit intensive build but you can prolly break it up and go for a Witching Hour and Tals Chest for the added Atk speed to help your LOH.

7/10

Cheers-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 1/24/2013 11:40 AM PST
@captain carl -

great gear you have there. Maybe 12% hp on your pants and more vit or dex on them.

i give you 937/1000 :D
01/24/2013 11:11 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
oh i am really sorry about it, casue i am not sure what to say as i think everybody is gd and cool, just thought i can have someone giving me some idea of making my monk better

@Dragonslayer

Don't get me wrong, not trying to be a dbag but it sucks for Clovisn cause you didn't rate him and you want to be rated yourself. I'm sure you have some input for him as you both use Shen setups and are familiar with its pros and cons and you're running around ~115K DPS so I am sure whatever you say will help out.

That being said your life is way to low 28K you have decent adequate sustain, cc and cd with solid Resists using OWE. Inna's set is excellent if you want to use SW while using a heavy Spriit intensive build but you can prolly break it up and go for a Witching Hour and Tals Chest for the added Atk speed to help your LOH.

7/10

Cheers-

i really got to thk u for your help, as i played solo all the time didnt actually read the fourm for info and stuff, i play my way up till now, and wasted alot of unwanted time spend, haha at least what i am thinking now is correct making higher att speed.

really thks alot sincenly ^^
01/24/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Dragonslayer

@Dragonslayer

7/10

Cheers-

i really got to thk u for your help, as i played solo all the time didnt actually read the fourm for info and stuff, i play my way up till now, and wasted alot of unwanted time spend, haha at least what i am thinking now is correct making higher att speed.

really thks alot sincenly ^^

i say 6/10
@ Tarzan pretty nice gear i think ur around 7/10
@ Tarzan look at ur gear more saw you have low AR rating down to 6/10 dont think you can survive MP10 well
@Shadow 9.5/10

Its hard to find flaws in such a pretty monk shadow. Only thing I saw was that if you can stick the vit you have on your ring somewhere else (possible in that Vile Ward), then maybe you could upgrade to a better ring with AR, and CD, and maybe if your lucky, you'll find a deal and snag some LoH.

(my gear for PvP is on right now, but let me know what you think anyway)
Edited by november1093#1906 on 1/24/2013 1:59 PM PST
01/24/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Shadow
@ Tarzan look at ur gear more saw you have low AR rating down to 6/10 dont think you can survive MP10 well

quit trolling.i have more ehp than you. mp10 is easy.
^^ @November Just at a glance I'd say your CC is too low to make good use of cyclones in PvP. I kept the comment PvP oriented as that seems what you were looking for. Your other stats for PvP are a good base. 7k armor is pretty sweet imo, but I think you might have went too much into resist stats and sacrificed too much DPS, even though it looks like you're built to be a grinder who tries to outlast by way of mitigation and regen. I've done a ton of PvP in other games and like that strat a lot usually.

6/10
Edited by Nintova#1208 on 1/24/2013 2:29 PM PST
Just started playing my monk again. need some direction!
@Master you're not here to be rated, attck spd, cc,cd,ar,life,armrs. that's your direction.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]