Diablo® III

Rate the monk above you, Part II

@Fenrir

a balance build with tight budget. 6/10

@CaptainCarl

wow captain seems like u r changing the gems for higher EHP?. as usual 9.5/10 no less
View profile
@Shakyspeare

Yeah I was able to solo MP9 with the gems and Litany but DPS is now to low to do MP10 since they enrange but yes the extra EHP lets take more punishment from SK and Siege as well as let me make a mistake or 2 without costing me the game.

Looks like your attack speed is reaching critical mass haha almost slapping mobs 2-3 times a second. I think you can pick up more cc in your bracers to pump out dem cyclones faster. Nice BT ammy =)

7.9/10
10/10 - Captain Carl is a sexy Beast!

Good job taking advantage of so many set bonuses!
@ Solo wow that is some great gear, I'm turned on, guess you really just have to upgrade your gems??? maybe your main ring but im sure you have a switch for that.

I just came back to my monk I'd like to do him for 1.07, but before I always full tanked in a party mp10... dunno what I should work on upgrading first...
@ Beau

8/10 for a S&B Monk!
@ Jayadev Solid 6~7/10 got a ways to go yet in gear.
Not experienced enough to rank, but definitely would like some suggestions.
I'm scared to get rid of my LOH wepon, I feel like that keeps me alive a lot of the time.
But I know I need to look for a higher dps with crit damage.
@ SiarraAngel : Easiest thing to look for would be Inna's Pants + a better weapon. Keeping Sun Keeper or off hand is fine, but you probably don't want both at once. If you drop Keeper you need to stack vit somewhere -- chest is a good place to start.

And I'd like some advice hitting 200k DPS if anyone can help. LoH/LS isn't very important since I'm using this build for MP1 farming and Serenity is enough time to melt pretty much anything,
@ tacodynamics : Dont no what to say... Awsome monk.. for the 200k mark , maybe get rid of yellow ring and get a good unity and swap wep to one with ChD and mempo helm
@aquaviva

DPS is pretty OK. But you might need more resist and life steal to survive in higher MP.

5.5/10
@stechu

Nice LS setup. I think you need to find a more potent OH ring, you can afford to lose the LoH from that. Also need to pick up some more AR and Armor. I think you could find a better substitution for the Cinder Coat as well.

7/10
@ Analbumcover : Overall good setup for dps, with your rings and weapon combo, but you may need to part with your WLK to get a higher dps weapon with LS to compensate or lack of RA and LoH...your existing setup. 7.5/10
@ kennelmaster

Nice balance between defence and DPS. Should get more AS and perhaps an EF with a socket for CD - 7/10
Edited by Lazypanda716#1218 on 2/4/2013 4:44 PM PST
@Lazypanda

Seriously? 0 sustain and 124k EHP? LOL, how do you fair vs RD, or molten? Or even white mobs on higher MPs.

1/10

And that andy's 20% extra fire damage puts you into -ve EHP lol, come on man, you can do better then that...
Edited by Shade#6905 on 2/4/2013 4:50 PM PST
@Shade

the amulet is a beauty.
a very balanced build with great DPS, definately a 9/10.
the rare ring and bracer can be better
@Shade,

Very nice DPS and a great armor score.

I'd wonder if you have sustainability issues at higher MP since you only have 600 LoH and 2.6 LS with a relatively low (500k for melee) eHP due to the 650 Res All. I'm guessing you play in mostly MP 0-6? In which case, you'd be a killing maniac.

Really not sure how to rate numerically, since I haven't read through the rest of the thread and what relative scores are... I'd guess an 8 to 9 overall, depending on the MP and based on the last few in the thread.

Oh, and btw... I want your Nat's Reflection! ;)

-dolynick
@Shade,

I'd wonder if you have sustainability issues at higher MP since you only have 600 LoH and 2.6 LS with a relatively low (500k for melee) eHP due to the 650 Res All. I'm guessing you play in mostly MP 0-6? In which case, you'd be a killing maniac.

Really not sure how to rate numerically, since I haven't read through the rest of the thread and what relative scores are... I'd guess an 8 to 9 overall, depending on the MP and based on the last few in the thread.

-dolynick

Not really, at MP8, I can tank all blue RD packs including Heath links without problems, it is those bugged yellow pack RD minions that hurt a lot, and even dual lifesteal doesnt help then, but molten and RD are getting nerfed soon, the worst affixes for monks, so we can certainly live with 1 LS source and 1 LoH source. There are many out there who testify that 1 LS source is enough, but I find it abit hard.

Also, I am working hard to increase my EHP to at least 550k without purple gem. I figure a few p-levels more and a bracer and VW upgrade will get me there.
View profile
@Shade,

-dolynick

Not really, at MP8, I can tank all blue RD packs including Heath links without problems, it is those bugged yellow pack RD minions that hurt a lot, and even dual lifesteal doesnt help then, but molten and RD are getting nerfed soon, the worst affixes for monks, so we can certainly live with 1 LS source and 1 LoH source. There are many out there who testify that 1 LS source is enough, but I find it abit hard.

Also, I am working hard to increase my EHP to at least 550k without purple gem. I figure a few p-levels more and a bracer and VW upgrade will get me there.

Yeah your VW are good enough, your best bet is to add Vit on your Nats Boots I would say 60+ and then shoot for a 5+cc 150+ dex 125+vit AR bracer to get you to your desired eHP goal.

9.3/10 Gratz on the 200K club monkster
@dolynick

Personally I feel you have too much vit in your weapons (400 total), this makes upgrading them very hard as you are too dependent on them for survivability, you are supposed to make the upgrade by adding native CD in addition to the OS, which would add around 160-200 CD for both weapons, a massive DPS booster.

Maybe get a high vit chest like mine to make up for the lack of vit on your armors, and upgrade those weapons and you will have a very good monk.

And your glove has WTF literally PERFECT dmg modifiers! with PUR! how much did they cost?? Maybe more then my entire monk LOL

Edit*

@Captain Carl

No need to rate you! Are you the highest DPS Shenlong wielding monk in the entire server? Impressive!

@sp4z

Remember to rate the monk above you. Not bad, but you can make improvements on the following.

Also, get native CD in your weapons, get high vit roll(as much as you afford) on your Inna's pants and certainly a better Nats ring.

Get 1 with a high avg dmg (abour 40+), those generally provide as much DPS as 3-4 CC. fit in a def modifier resist/vit/%life if you can afford it. Should be around 30-80M.
Edited by Shade#6905 on 2/5/2013 6:06 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]