Diablo® III

gem update wasn't quite what I was hoping for

I think Blizzard has the right idea adding a new gem to the game, I just believe this is the wrong way to do it. Instead of another tier of gem, what we need is this;

1.) New categories of gems that add new abilities or modify your character in some unique way. I personally think these gems should be drops, but there are a lot of ways you could handle this, I suppose.

2.) more gem slots, and in more gear. I think it's too small as is, and I feel like if you open this up more, you could seriously expand on the customization if you integrate idea 1.
Reply Quote
You want the diversity of choices. It is normal to want that.

The diversity blizzard plans for diablo is getting the best stat-sticks we can afford and has nothing to do with actually making choices.

The only reason one demonhunter might have different gear from another demonhunter isn't because they made a gear choice. The difference is one of them could afford higher stat-sticks than the other.

Diablo 3 Diversity = The difference in the size of your wallet.

Our only choices for character customization are class, gender, and the highest stat sticks we can afford.
Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 1/12/2013 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Totally, that's the direction Diablo 3 has gone and it's absolutely the wrong direction, in my opinion. I really want to encourage Blizzard to go in another direction with this, but it feels like a futile effort at this point. Maybe it's something that is a very long term goal? I don't know.
Reply Quote
View profile
Although I'm happy with whats been announced, I agree that gems are still lacking. 1.0.7 is a small step but hey, at least its a step. I imagined the crazy gems to debut in the first expansion anyways. You know, the gems that allows the wiz is summon a baby dragon and the barb to summon a mean goat.
Reply Quote
put it this way at least they fixed the gem inflation issue.... :)

from all max lvl gems only a third will become new tier
Reply Quote
Hm, the ideas put forward here for gems are pretty interesting. I would like to see gems that when slotted on your weapon allow higher proc rates for bleed, freeze and those such effects.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 05:31 AMPosted by omgitsbees
I think Blizzard has the right idea adding a new gem to the game, I just believe this is the wrong way to do it.

What new gem? They have added a new tier/quality to all existing gems, called the tier Marquise (Perfect Star -> Radiant Star -> Marquise) and increased the crafting cost by 5000%.

In other words, it will cost you 86mil to increase your Dex by 4.

That's not a 'new gem', that's rubbish.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 1/12/2013 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
20 million i know thats on the PTR but as all in this game people will complaint that crafting cost is too high 2 months later i bet that will change.
Reply Quote
Gem price are too ridiculous.

Very discouraging to play this game because I still haven't got anything worth more than 5 million honestly..

Without auction house, it is just impossible to equip a character.

Very sad...
Reply Quote
Gem price are too ridiculous.

Very discouraging to play this game because I still haven't got anything worth more than 5 million honestly..

Without auction house, it is just impossible to equip a character.

Very sad...

What I would like to see instead is the ability to use Blacksmith mats to make gems. There needs to be less of a reliance on the AH.
Reply Quote
they just want you to buy more gold.

no gear? no worries, we're not giving you drops, we're giving you the option to buy gold so you can gear up.

need better stats? no worries, buy more gold so you can put better gems in your gear thus increasing your stats.
Reply Quote
they just want you to buy more gold.

no gear? no worries, we're not giving you drops, we're giving you the option to buy gold so you can gear up.

need better stats? no worries, buy more gold so you can put better gems in your gear thus increasing your stats.

It certainly feels this way, despite Blizzard saying otherwise. I know they keep claiming the game is not based around the AH, but there is just no way to buy into that.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 06:38 AMPosted by omgitsbees
It certainly feels this way, despite Blizzard saying otherwise. I know they keep claiming the game is not based around the AH, but there is just no way to buy into that.
D3 is based around the AH and real money as much as D2 was based around trading and real money.

Same-same.

Go back and play D2. Let me know how many legit Windforces you find. Or how many Zod runes you find. Oh, and log how many hours it takes.

The shortcut being trading (or auction house)/money has always been a part of Diablo. Sorry, but this argument about buying gold falls flat on it's feet.
Reply Quote
*meant face. Falls flat on it's face.
Reply Quote
View profile
We're not getting diamonds, sapphires and skulls until the expansion. You guys know that right?
Reply Quote
I hope they could make higher level gems drop and make them account bound. At least, there will be a cheaper way to level up gem..

20+ mil to up to 30mil+ to craft a radiant and then 90mil or so to craft a new tier gem..

HOLY CRAP... WHAT?!?!?!?

Because honestly, who would really loot 39483498348939 flawest square gem + tome of secrets besides robots?

If honestly, there is no program to detect the BOTs and ban them, the only way is to alter a system for rewarding legit player.

I have already implemented my thoughts before about "RANDOM QUEST + REWARD" which never ever can be done by a BOT because its RANDOM and not REPITITIVE.

What I meant random is, you get a quest (epic one), then the objectives will not be same ALL of the time.

For example, a quest that asks you to slay 5 monsters or pick up some random items, the list changes everytime, making BOTs are unable to detect and fulfill such quest without manual controlling the character. Hope you get what I mean.

Then the reward could be good enough that it is worthwhile to fulfill the random quest.

For example, a 15% chance to drop a higher level gem (star / perfect star / radiant / radiant star) / (class set, etc...)

I honestly think that, by making 510% MP 10 bonus experience or increased % of bonus experience really just benefit BOTs in the long run.

I have seen "monk" bots solo recently in MP5-6 easily. So they could just non stop farm Act 3 MP5-6 and within 10 days maybe with this increased bonus experience thing, they would be all paragon level 100!!

MAN, now that is just wayyyyy too stupid in my opinion.

increased bonus experience SHOULD be obtained through "RANDOM" quest before slaying monsters in the same game to apply the benefit otherwise "NO" bonus experience should be added to the current system.

Because Diablo 3 dont contain legit players, it probably contain 50% or maybe even more of automatic maniac robots
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]