Diablo® III

No, No, No - Dueling is all wrong!

You mean to tell me I can't hit the hostile button and go hunt some real players because now I have to pvp in an arena? One of the reasons Diablo 2 was a success with pvp was because of this "grieving." In fact, it added another element on intensity! If the other player didn't like it he could just leave. You have once again pigeon holed us with this carebear approach.

D3 had the opportunity to really turn up the intensity with dueling and adding an hostile button. However, you have fallen short by sticking us all in a boring arena with no excitement. When will you learn that taking away the avenues of different kinds of gameplay are not the right answer. Making the decision for the player is not the right answer. Dueling on arena only is not the right answer.
Edited by SlayerGrim#1967 on 1/12/2013 9:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone agree? Disagree?
Reply Quote
agree 100%
but its jay wilson making the game kid friendly...ya know?
Reply Quote
If your argument is the lack of griefing possibilities then it's a horrible one.

I agree D3 should have open world dueling but none of that PK crap.
Reply Quote
grieving was crap anyways, everyone just joined a 'duel' game.
what we need is to create our own games.
Reply Quote
disgree, grieving or being grieved is not the type of pvp i enjoy. call me carebear
Reply Quote
You mean to tell me I can't hit the hostile button and go hunt some real players because now I have to pvp in an arena? One of the reasons Diablo 2 was a success with pvp was because of this "grieving." In fact, it added another element on intensity! If the other player didn't like it he could just leave. You have once again pigeon holed us with this carebear approach.

D3 had the opportunity to really turn up the intensity with dueling and adding an hostile button. However, you have fallen short by sticking us all in a boring arena with no excitement. When will you learn that taking away the avenues of different kinds of gameplay are not the right answer. Making the decision for the player is not the right answer. Dueling on arena only is not the right answer.

i don't mind either. From your gear i can see that you are going to be grieved hard though
Reply Quote
Should be like WoW where you can just challenge someone to a duel w/o the round about way of going to an arena. The arena can be an addition for those who want to go to one.=)
Reply Quote
You are 2 years late. This debate already took place before even beta came out.
Reply Quote
f your argument is the lack of griefing possibilities then it's a horrible one.

^this...

agree 100%
but its jay wilson making the game kid friendly...ya know?

^ i lol @ you
Reply Quote
Wow... just... wow. You honestly think one of the reasons D2 was a success was because random people joined your game just to kill you?

I'm guessing you were on of those people. After much reflection, I can't seem to think of ANY reason you would hop on a video game for a couple hours just to join games and kill unsuspecting players (with no reward other than an ear that does nothing but take up stash space). Like... in no world can I imagine why that would be fun. What a waste of time. And life.

It makes you feel good to cause other people grief, plain and simple. Someone please put this guy on a watch list for sociopaths.
Reply Quote
If your argument is the lack of griefing possibilities then it's a horrible one.

Yes I won't go so far as to say it's a horrible idea but I do like the idea of being able to let the best areas for dueling surface naturally rather than being pre-selected.

I like the addition of an arena since any added content is a plus but I've already though about the old west style dueling of rakkis crossing, or killing games hunt of the fields. It would be nice to have the option.

I also don't like the griefing option but it would be cool if there were a two way agreement to duel, a la glove slap to the face, lets duel right here kind of a thing.
Edited by Ourumov#1885 on 1/12/2013 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
The youngsters are angry because they cannot 'kill' random characters bully style.
Reply Quote
Griefing are for douchebags. . .

I want a douchebag free world, so no thank you to your idea, go play Diablo 2 if you miss being a douche that much =)
Reply Quote
Yeah lets grief all the PvM characters because your duel characters are trash in PvP. That's what made D2 so popular?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Anyone agree? Disagree?

Disagree 100%. That may have been fun for you, but it wasn't fun for everyone. Don't let what you thought was fun cloud your judgment of what the developers should design the game around.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 12:17 PMPosted by DISP4TER
If you want pvp go to an arena and fight others who want pvp. I go into pub games to play, not to have some douchenozzel going hostile with me egging me on to fight him.

Exactly what he says. I'll fight who and when I want. Not be attacked when I'm off the range.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]