Diablo® III

No, No, No - Dueling is all wrong!

CvPB gotta love it.
(controlled version of player babying)

Folks actually defend this !@#$. Its a sign that they don't know how amazing it is to feel fear/exhilaration/intensity of knowing you can be killed at any time. This isn't griefing, this is what Pvp is all about.

Try out wotmud.org if you want to know what real pk (pvp) is about.

And you can still do/feel this... You can enter the pvp dueling area for it, and eventually the arena. The only thing they have stopped you from doing is fighting people that don't want to fight at the moment and are questing and such. Getting attacked while you are trying to farm or whatever is not exciting, it is just annoying. The only people who like it are the ones that are griefing and getting a little chuckle out of annoying other people.

Mind you, I love PVP. Griefing is not PVP. Griefing is just fancy trolling. Now all you trolls can QQ.

Also, open world PVP is awesome...in other games. In Diablo open PVP=griefing; and griefing is for weak trolls.

I must admit, though, that having a second area for pvp, that is large enough that you have to actually hunt each other down, would be cool. Cooler if we could have more than 4 people in the game.
Edited by Matt90977#1171 on 1/12/2013 8:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wow I can now pk my friends/randoms in a friendly environment (if they accept) with nothing to lose..weeee. The bottom line is that this method of "PVP" is lame. Although, it does speak volumes about the current generation of gamers and people in general.

And yes, I am a D2 LOD veteran. I would nk all of you in a "pk no nk" game and laugh when it happens to me. Looking back, those were good times to me. Even venturing into baal runs and trying to kill everyone, most of the time failing. And partying up to kill some idiot who kept nking everyone was also fun...to me at least.

It boggles my mind how almost nothing from a very successful game (D2) is being utilized unless we get one hell of an expansion.

With regard to "fair fights" I also did extensive Zeal Pk with no life leech, exile, etc. and was quite good.
Edited by CStylen#1580 on 1/12/2013 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
the more crap jay wilson and his team put in this game the more they screw it up
Reply Quote
Killing pk'ers was fun. But I had fun killing them because it annoyed me that they came into my game and completely derailed it for their own enjoyment.

Hostile system was good. Greifing is not. Im certain a much larger portion of the diablo playerbase will agree that we dont want pk'ers ruining our games any more.

If you want to have fun by ruining other gamers experiance, go back to D2. Plenty of bots to pk there.

01/12/2013 08:29 PMPosted by CStylen
With regard to "fair fights" I also did extensive Zeal Pk with no life leech, exile, etc. and was quite good.

You mean you had good gear? Because there was literaly no strategy in zeal duels. Hold zeal... win or die.
Edited by Camisto#1172 on 1/12/2013 9:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Disagree, the hostile button only meant joining games to....grief and gank other players and was a one sided way of fun. You want to fight others then the duel/arena is perfectly fine for that, it is pvp after all.
Reply Quote
View profile
You mean to tell me I can't hit the hostile button and go hunt some real players because now I have to pvp in an arena? One of the reasons Diablo 2 was a success with pvp was because of this "grieving." In fact, it added another element on intensity! If the other player didn't like it he could just leave. You have once again pigeon holed us with this carebear approach.

D3 had the opportunity to really turn up the intensity with dueling and adding an hostile button. However, you have fallen short by sticking us all in a boring arena with no excitement. When will you learn that taking away the avenues of different kinds of gameplay are not the right answer. Making the decision for the player is not the right answer. Dueling on arena only is not the right answer.

There are many players that do not like PvP. So then in order to play in coop that means that everyone will have to love PvP. GJ Blizz killing off what was left of coop. You would take a long time to find someone to coop with. Because if Blizz did that then tens of thousands of players would just play solo.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 09:41 AMPosted by hampster
your argument is the lack of griefing possibilities

you are a dumb !@#
Reply Quote
I would duel in the "no bm" zeal pk games with not necessarily the most expensive or best gear, but usually the best combinations of rare armor with fhr, ar, fas, def, dr, etc. which, oops too complicated.
Reply Quote
Personally I think it's awesome, I've always hated pvp and my least favorite part of D2 was people going hostile. So annoying. BOO HOO, NOW YOU CAN ONLY FIGHT PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO FIGHT YOU, YOU POOR THING HOW WILL YOU LIVE???
Reply Quote
You mean to tell me I can't hit the hostile button and go hunt some real players because now I have to pvp in an arena? One of the reasons Diablo 2 was a success with pvp was because of this "grieving." In fact, it added another element on intensity! If the other player didn't like it he could just leave. You have once again pigeon holed us with this carebear approach.

D3 had the opportunity to really turn up the intensity with dueling and adding an hostile button. However, you have fallen short by sticking us all in a boring arena with no excitement. When will you learn that taking away the avenues of different kinds of gameplay are not the right answer. Making the decision for the player is not the right answer. Dueling on arena only is not the right answer.

this is 2012. a democrat has been in office for the last 5 years. blizzard sold out. you are losing your right to own firearms IRL and you think duel/pvp was going to be something other than carebear?

im supprised t here's even still blood and the weapons are sharp.
Reply Quote
I loved it when people came into my games to try to kill me. Being a big dueling fan (ie geared for dueling) I would get some fun corpse camping the bastards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]