Diablo® III

Wizard going to be bad at PvP?

Lots of people leave wizard and create other chars because they say wizard is going to bad at PvP. What is the reason they say this? Thanks a lot for your answers.
Reply Quote
You should probably ask those people in the forums of whatever class they swapped to.

But I suspect you'll find just as many people rerolling from other classes saying something similar.
Reply Quote
View profile
ive rolled dex characters in case dodge chance is op, but tbh my dex alts will get owned by anyone who has a main for those classes
Reply Quote
At first wizards will probably be the worst class because everyone uses macros in a mindless CM spec or holds down right click for archon. The two main specs that 95% wizards use are pointless for pvp and this is why most will be completely clueless in pvp because they don't even understand their class or have the gear to support pvp.

You will need life regen and EHP.
Reply Quote
Sad to say, wizards will get owned by DH in pvp.
Reply Quote
Hope my life regen and dodge come into play otherwise I guessed wrong :( ;)
Reply Quote
Pretty sure wizards will get noodled by DH.
Reply Quote
01/12/2013 02:17 PMPosted by KeyserSöze
Pretty sure wizards will get noodled by DH.

DH > every other class.
Reply Quote
View profile
At first wizards will probably be the worst class because everyone uses macros in a mindless CM spec or holds down right click for archon. The two main specs that 95% wizards use are pointless for pvp and this is why most will be completely clueless in pvp because they don't even understand their class or have the gear to support pvp.

how much life regen are you aiming for?
Reply Quote
I think its premature to say that Wizards are bad in PVP because PVP isn't even out yet.

That being said, my plan is to stack a healthy amount of Vitality. My guess is that Blizzard will design PVP balanced around a 3:2 ratio of Primary Stat to Vitality.

Why 3:2? Because that's the ratio that those stats are granted upon leveling.
Reply Quote
i would be expecting wiz to be top pvp'er once they get out of the cm or archon spec.
Reply Quote

My life regen maxes out around 3,000 life per second.. Keeping my EHP above 500k and dps above 150k.. I'm not completely sure what's going to work best but I don't anticipate DH being a problem. I think barbs and monks will be much harder for wizards.
Reply Quote
If DH is going to be effective they will need life regen and traps more like the assassin. Sure the DH will face roll someone who doesn't know what to do or doesn't have gear but to depend on dps in PvP isn't smart.. It will take the ultimate balance, stats people don't use like reduced controlling impaired & life regen will matter.
Edited by JWNZ#1466 on 1/12/2013 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wizard will be OP in PVP> you wait and see.
Reply Quote
I wanna see Aph vs. eric
Reply Quote

My life regen maxes out around 3,000 life per second.. Keeping my EHP above 500k and dps above 150k.. I'm not completely sure what's going to work best but I don't anticipate DH being a problem. I think barbs and monks will be much harder for wizards.

Barbs are a complete joke, they cant even generate fury unless its a throw barb.

DHs are going to own every other class easily because nearly all their powerful skills are resource based, and not C/D based. Infinite ss with legacy nats alone makes them incredibly OP.
Reply Quote

Barbs are a complete joke, they cant even generate fury unless its a throw barb.

DHs are going to own every other class easily because nearly all their powerful skills are resource based, and not C/D based. Infinite ss with legacy nats alone makes them incredibly OP.
that is correct, throwing barb will own. melee barb is a joke.
Reply Quote
one thing i have learned from these games is, if you are good at pvp you will do fine with any class.
if you are bad and/or new to pvp...well you get the idea
Reply Quote
one thing i have learned from these games is, if you are good at pvp you will do fine with any class.
if you are bad and/or new to pvp...well you get the idea

Oh really?

Some matchups may be one-sided, and we don't expect that battles will be necessarily balanced. But that's okay, because dueling in Diablo III is more about kicking !@# and taking names in a no-holds-barred sort of way, and this design certainly allows you to accomplish that.
Reply Quote
PVP? I got a wiz for that~
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]