Diablo® III

Wizard going to be bad at PvP?

01/12/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Aphraell
Wizard will be OP in PVP> you wait and see.

With CM gear or something else entirely?
Reply Quote
Pretty much same gear(Few tweaks :)) but definately not as a SNS Wizard.
Reply Quote
wizzard will do fine over time once people start making builds and find items that might not work so well in pve might help the wizzard alot of in pvp i have looked into some of these items and bought them cheap hopefully they pan out like i want them too

as a example blizzard+frostburns ect ect people are already theory crafting butt it all could just pan out to WHO has the best gear so who knows
Reply Quote
wizzard will do fine over time once people start making builds and find items that might not work so well in pve might help the wizzard alot of in pvp i have looked into some of these items and bought them cheap hopefully they pan out like i want them too

as a example blizzard+frostburns ect ect people are already theory crafting butt it all could just pan out to WHO has the best gear so who knows
i still remmeber the good old day in d2, i stack everything for blizzard. and i just cast it under myself, so whoever try to kill me die instantly.... lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ill be running wiz solely in pvp.:)
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Aphraell
Pretty much same gear(Few tweaks :)) but definately not as a SNS Wizard.

So I won't have to start from scratch? Hell yeah Aph! :)
Reply Quote
All CM build will just swap wicked wind for seeker missile and get about 2k LoH. It'll be pretty nice with 3 seekers per second and 2k life for each hit XD. Time bubble will also be a very nice if not OP skill. We also don't know how the scaling will be in pvp so archon the first thing you do may be a killer.

Or why not change explosive blast+wicked wind for living lightning and seeker and keep the rest of the CM skills? Living lightning profit alot from LoH and will prolly be you best and most trusted cooldown resetter :)
Edited by Salkin#2832 on 1/13/2013 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
All CM build will just swap wicked wind for seeker missile and get about 2k LoH. It'll be pretty nice with 3 seekers per second and 2k life for each hit XD. Time bubble will also be a very nice if not OP skill. We also don't know how the scaling will be in pvp so archon the first thing you do may be a killer.

Or why not change explosive blast+wicked wind for living lightning and seeker and keep the rest of the CM skills? Living lightning profit alot from LoH and will prolly be you best and most trusted cooldown resetter :)

If you hit 3x magic missiles and you have 2000 life on hit that does not mean you get 6,000 life.... The proc rate comes into play here which is the %chance you will get your life on hit (that percent is very bad). Try it out. Life regen is a much much better alternative. If you have 2,000 LPS you don't have to worry about that proc rate.
Reply Quote
That could get nasty if I cast a blizzard on top of yours.....:-)
Reply Quote
im thinking the best way to go is slow time and teleport cuz illusionist will proc slow time after patch. also arcane orb is getting buffed so im gonna run around doing arcane orbs with lots of supporting skills
Reply Quote

If you hit 3x magic missiles and you have 2000 life on hit that does not mean you get 6,000 life.... The proc rate comes into play here which is the %chance you will get your life on hit (that percent is very bad). Try it out. Life regen is a much much better alternative. If you have 2,000 LPS you don't have to worry about that proc rate.
The proc rate for Magic Missle (Seeker) is 1.0, so it's 100% chance to draw your full LoH. Only the Split and Penetrating Blast runes for Magic Missle aren't 1.0. Now you're generally right that proc rates are important to consider for most wizard skills, but a few runes of Magic Missle aren't reduced at all.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 1/13/2013 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
yep was gona point that out tekkzero, 1.0 proc in mm means all loh and apoc back.... i already have my 6-30 mm soj ready :D

have also taken the chance to buy an eppeen stick (1090 dps 85cd os sword) now that they arent too expensive, not endgame though but cheap dps, as ls is not gona be needed for archon anymore... should probably sale my ls skorn too.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/13/2013 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Wizard is going to be awesome at PvP.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 10:03 AMPosted by nitrocan

D3rp. Hi nitro :3
Reply Quote
Not worried.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/13/2013 10:03 AMPosted by nitrocan

Well look who crawled out from under his text books.:P
Reply Quote
Lol I have no school until May but unfortunately I'm in Europe so I'm gonna have garbage lag during PvP D:
Reply Quote
View profile
What kinda school is this? I start back Monday, Jan and get out in may... but I have flu so I'm not going.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 10:30 AMPosted by nitrocan
Lol I have no school until May but unfortunately I'm in Europe so I'm gonna have garbage lag during PvP D:

You can't beat my 1k ms :(
Reply Quote
View profile
excuses already b4 patch is even out...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]